[PUG] - The Left's Difficulty Accepting Election/Referendum Results | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

[PUG] The Left's Difficulty Accepting Election/Referendum Results

Regarding part of the discussion here about gay marriage. Regardless of what happens regarding this...and I understand people feel strongly about it, are there not kore important things to be concerned about right now? Iran, North Korea, China, ISIS..the economy. Im not trying to belittle the issue but even ill be pissed if Trump focuses on that instead of what I consider to be vastly more important issues.
Why not wait and get upset for what he does and not speculation on what hes said?

Oh great. Now the NSA is going to pick through this entire site. Thanks for that.
Lol, to the NSA. :)

But I do agree that there are some major issues that need to be addressed and if Trump doesn't have a firm stance on them then he should sit down and do a bit of soul searching so that he can figure out where he stands without budging.

North Korea being at the top of the list, imo. Their little spoiled fatty dictator will be eager to test the new president. And I have a bad feeling about it. They have very similar personalities.

Lol, to the NSA. :)

But I do agree that there are some major issues that need to be addressed and if Trump doesn't have a firm stance on them then he should sit down and do a bit of soul searching so that he can figure out where he stands without budging.

North Korea being at the top of the list, imo. Their little spoiled fatty dictator will be eager to test the new president. And I have a bad feeling about it. They have very similar personalities.

I notice that 'sarcasm' is officially outlawed there now, so if they are monitoring this forum, I think quite a few members could be in trouble. Not me, I was only here to get tips on Crochet techniques...

Reactions: cvp12gh5 and Faye
I notice that 'sarcasm' is officially outlawed there now, so if they are monitoring this forum, I think quite a few members could be in trouble. Not me, I was only here to get tips on Crochet techniques...

Sarcasm? You think I was being sarcastic? Well I never!

And where are my slippers, James???

tumblr_mo0c30KGtG1rcy99do1_250.gif

Reactions: James
Wait, did the left actually forget or never know that Trump is not a Republican?

lmfao.

I forget so often how dumb people are.

The issue for me is and has always been that Trump is an unqualified* narcissist. It makes him dangerous. People saying he's "for" or "against" ANYTHING are just trying to placate themselves. If overturning gay marriage helps him with some personal gain, HE WILL TRY TO DO IT. But, that is an extremely unlikely (impossible) scenario.

I mean, have we not learned anything? Trump is still an asshole, that's not media spin. Stop spreading this shit with him flailing around a rainbow flag like some sort of "gotcha." He's still a terrible person.

Trump is probably the most moderate of moderates because he doesn't even know what he's gonna do. But shit is gonna go down much more quickly, you can bet on that.

*I mean this in the sense that his only method for bridging gaps,
mediating and bringing groups together is simply using the strong
arm bully method, which is not effective in politics

Agree, Wyote. This makes him more dangerous. He will also be volatile toward those who don't fall for his charm, and those who disagree with him.
He will flip-flop like crazy, and he lies, but he has also absolutely enabled a minority far-right who are bigots.

And yes, he is not a card-carrying member of any party other than his own huge ego, but he ran on the Republican ticket. It's like calling Bernie Sanders a Democrat. He is not a Dem, but he ran as a Dem.

He has supported the LGBT community a lot longer than any Clinton has. We all know he's secular. It's not fair for the media to scare everyone like this. He's never said anything even remotely close to anything that would have people afraid their marriages may be invalid one day.

I find these repeated attempt to sanitize Trump objectionable. It just not based on the facts, but the problem is he contradicts himself so much that people can project on him whatever they want to believe his position is. This idea that he has supported the LGBTQ community longer than Clinton is not based on facts. in January 2016, Trump asserted that he personally believes marriage is between a man and a woman. He told FOX News that same month that he disagreed with the 2015 Supreme Court ruling that legalized same-sex marriage nationwide, and that the issue should have been left to the states.

If there was any lingering doubts about where Trump stands on this issue remember that he chose Mike Pence as his running mate. Pence is one of the most radical anti LGBTQ politicians in the USA and a fanatical ultra-conservative who has fully supported measures like gay conversion therapy. There is absolutely no doubt where his position is on this issue

Sarcasm? You think I was being sarcastic? Well I never!

And where are my slippers, James???

tumblr_mo0c30KGtG1rcy99do1_250.gif

Ha ha lol. I never said you were sarcastic. However there are a tiny minority of members (definitely not you or I) who may have transgressed.

The slippers are in the post... Lol

Reactions: cvp12gh5
I find these repeated attempt to sanitize Trump objectionable. It just not based on the facts, but the problem is he contradicts himself so much that people can project on him whatever they want to believe his position is. This idea that he has supported the LGBTQ community longer than Clinton is not based on facts. in January 2016, Trump asserted that he personally believes marriage is between a man and a woman. He told FOX News that same month that he disagreed with the 2015 Supreme Court ruling that legalized same-sex marriage nationwide, and that the issue should have been left to the states.

If there was any lingering doubts about where Trump stands on this issue remember that he chose Mike Pence as his running mate. Pence is one of the most radical anti LGBTQ politicians in the USA and a fanatical ultra-conservative who has fully supported measures like gay conversion therapy. There is absolutely no doubt where his position is on this issue

You literally just linked the one comment I spoke about earlier in this thread. My previous reply is the exact same as it would be to this one.

This has been posted a few times here, but it's exactly how I feel when I see one of these threads.

14710923652p604-700x701.jpg

Where is he absolutely and consistently opposed? I checked the sources. The most you could get to anything close to that was one statement where he is backed in a corner (after saying it was a done deal) that he wished it was considered at the state level and that he'd strongly consider a judge who agreed that it ought to be determined by the states which was more a comment on how he thought government should function. He said multiple times it was a done deal. He even tried to change the subject about getting down to business.

He's not interested in social issues, he's uncomfortable talking about them and he didn't campaign on them.

He is the republican change candidate. He has supported the LGBT community a lot longer than any Clinton has. We all know he's secular. It's not fair for the media to scare everyone like this. He's never said anything even remotely close to anything that would have people afraid their marriages may be invalid one day.

What motivation would he have have to do this? He's not an idiot and they aren't his values. Why would he do that? It's not going to happen. It's going to be okay.

Protecting the 2nd amendment, immigration, border security, repealing ACA (he'll probably attempt to replace it with something else) and trade are 'getting down to business'. That's all he wants to do. He didn't campaign on a bunch of social issues, and he doesn't owe anyone anything.

If something happens then we hold his ass to the fire then. He is a politician now. I just do not think this is likely at all.

Making gay marriage a states rights issue is the same as getting rid of it since what people are fighting over is having it mandated at the federal level. Do you not understand how the federal system works? LGBT people want the Supreme Court decision on gay marriage to stand so that they can get married in their state. Not everyone can live in New York or California.

It was the same with school desegregation, marriage between black people and white people, contraception, abortion, and a whole other host of issues that, if left up to the states, would still be illegal throughout much of the country. If southern states had their way, they would probably still not even allow black people to vote or attend the same schools as white people. The federal government needs to function in order to guarantee the Constitutional rights of individuals, and the Supreme Court plays a critical role in this process.

And why are you being an apologist for what he says? Like we should not take what he says seriously because somewhere buried in the back of his mind he is supposedly moderate? When you are president-elect of the United States and open your mouth, people take what you have to say seriously. You cannot just say "Oh, he did not really mean that, he was backed into a corner". The president should be strong enough to not get backed into a corner when asked basic questions on what they would do as president.

Here is a video of him saying something that has LGBT people afraid their marriages will be invalid. Virtually none of us voted for him. He is making Mike Pence vice president of the United States. If Mike Pence had his way, I would be sent to conversion therapy and probably kill myself. Actions speak louder than words, and by choosing Mike Pence, Trump has made his stance on LGBT people clear. He has no regard for our lives and has even chosen to empower people that want to harm us. He is responsible for the suicides and hate crimes that have already begun.

There is no media conspiracy to scare us. Literally all they need to do is show us videos of the things he actually says and we are terrified. It all comes straight from the horse's mouth.

OMG! That is the exact same comment that has been mentioned in this thread three times now. You have one comment from him! He doesn't even want to talk about it. He doesn't care about this. I'm not being an apologist. You're looking for reasons to hate him and this isn't really one of them that makes sense to me. I'm trying to calm anyone who thinks there's reason to be afraid of something that isn't going to happen.

So any republican elected would have gotten this kind of reaction? Did you guys think that the Democrats would win forever and ever?

If Trump were ever to be able to become emperor (or dictator), it could only come about through the granting of emergency powers. This could only really happen in the midst of massive civil unrest.

Errm... I kind of hope the left keeps escalating.

OMG! That is the exact same comment that has been mentioned in this thread three times now. You have one comment from him! He doesn't even want to talk about it. He doesn't care about this. I'm not being an apologist. You're looking for reasons to hate him and this isn't really one of them that makes sense to me. I'm trying to calm anyone who thinks there's reason to be afraid of something that isn't going to happen.

So any republican elected would have gotten this kind of reaction? Did you guys think that the Democrats would win forever and ever?

The reason that it does not make sense to you is because of your privilege. Should I dig up his comments about women, Muslims, mocking a disabled reporter, immigrants, etc. too? And you say he does not care, which I believe, and that is the scariest thing of all. Discrimination based on sex, race/ethnicity, religion, disability, sexuality, and gender identity is still very common. We need someone to champion us or else things will never get better. People are suffering greatly, and having people in power who do not care about us and want to leave us to the mercy of the status quo is terrifying. Trump does not care about us, and that is the point. His personal opinion may be indifference, but his political stance, the people he surrounds himself with, the administration he is setting up, is one of hostility- and it is that which upsets us.

No, another Republican (esp. one of the establishment ones like Jeb Bush) would not have gotten this kind of reaction. I knew the Democrats were probably going to lose since Obama is the sitting president, but I was really expecting it to be Jeb Bush or someone like that. The protests and such would most likely not be happening since he would not base his campaign on so much hatred like Trump did.

I really, really hope you are right and that I am proven wrong. I will be happy if, in four years, you send me a message saying "See, I told you so! Nothing bad happened!" (assuming that is actually the case, of course). However, I anticipate that his regime is going to do things that harm minority groups. When that happens, I will be here to say I told you so, and I guess you still wont care because it probably wont effect you.

Reactions: Skarekrow
If Trump were ever to be able to become emperor (or dictator), it could only come about through the granting of emergency powers. This could only really happen in the midst of massive civil unrest.

Really? You want him as a dictator?

Reactions: Skarekrow
My intuition is screaming at me. Its difficult to put into words but I dont think Trump is who you think he is. I think he wanted to be President (I dont know why and may never) and he saw what could make him President. Speaking to the silent minority. Ive asked people to give me a single sentence from him that can be factual analyzed as racist. Ive asked so many people, here there...everywhere. I have given them unlimited time..and nothing. His words are right on the line every time. Its not an accident. People read into what he says what they want to hear. Its what got him elected and that was his goal. I think Trump is probably a fricken genius. Not because I agree with most of what hes says but because he set out to accomplish something, decided what it would take and then did it. Think about it. I mean sit calmly for a while and really think about it.
If you start to see the idea I see, the only other question is why did he want to be President? What is he really after, what does he want, what is he trying to accomplish.

I could be wrong. I certainly have been before but like I said, my intuition is screaming at me. Time will tell.

Lastly, all of us have a stake in seeing America succeed. I voted for Trump because I love America. I dont really hate anyone except for people that prey on others and those who promote ignorance knowingly. Had I thought Trump was really that bad of a person I never would have voted for him. So... give it some time and lets see where we end up.

Reactions: CindyLou
I kind of hope the left keeps escalating

This is the underlying sentiment of the right perpetuated by left news outlets,
The fear being instigated by the media that has brought things to this point.
It is what is fueling the rage of the left.

Your comment here, I view as the most deplorable.
The right voted a troll into office and if they do not acknowledge this, they are complicit in inciting the fear.
They aren't on the streets, they are just fanning the flame from the safety of their homes.
Pretending to be innocent. They are not.
Both sides must have humility right now and acceptance for their part, or this really will happen.
This is not Brexit. This is the immolation of a country and possibly more.

You are heartless and shameful for promoting this.

Brexit and Trump

The reason that it does not make sense to you is because of your privilege. Should I dig up his comments about women, Muslims, mocking a disabled reporter, immigrants, etc. too? And you say he does not care, which I believe, and that is the scariest thing of all. Discrimination based on sex, race/ethnicity, religion, disability, sexuality, and gender identity is still very common. We need someone to champion us or else things will never get better. People are suffering greatly, and having people in power who do not care about us and want to leave us to the mercy of the status quo is terrifying. Trump does not care about us, and that is the point. His personal opinion may be indifference, but his political stance, the people he surrounds himself with, the administration he is setting up, is one of hostility- and it is that which upsets us.

No, another Republican (esp. one of the establishment ones like Jeb Bush) would not have gotten this kind of reaction. I knew the Democrats were probably going to lose since Obama is the sitting president, but I was really expecting it to be Jeb Bush or someone like that. The protests and such would most likely not be happening since he would not base his campaign on so much hatred like Trump did.

I really, really hope you are right and that I am proven wrong. I will be happy if, in four years, you send me a message saying "See, I told you so! Nothing bad happened!" (assuming that is actually the case, of course). However, I anticipate that his regime is going to do things that harm minority groups. When that happens, I will be here to say I told you so, and I guess you still wont care because it probably wont effect you.

I have to go for the night but I'm going to come back to this when I get a chance. Not ignoring this. xx

This right here tells me that you do hate Americans, as I suspected. And that is why you are jacking-off to Trump becoming president. You are loving this. You want our country to fall to pieces. The stupid shit that you write speaks volumes on your true intentions.

Errm...so maybe you should STFU and concentrate on your own miserable situation.

Reactions: Skarekrow and Wyote
Really? You want him as a dictator?
He's feeding off your reaction. The base question in the OP is legitimate, but the thread, and statements like that, are likely posed as an extra jab at the "losing" team since the election.

Reactions: Wyote and Faye
This is the underlying sentiment of the right perpetuated by left news outlets,
The fear being instigated by the media that has brought things to this point.
It is what is fueling the rage of the left.

Your comment here, I view as the most deplorable.
The right voted a troll into office and if they do not acknowledge this, they are complicit in inciting the fear.
They aren't on the streets, they are just fanning the flame from the safety of their homes.
Pretending to be innocent. They are not.
Both sides must have humility right now and acceptance for their part, or this really will happen.
This is not Brexit. This is the immolation of a country and possibly more.

You are heartless and shameful for promoting this.

Brexit and Trump
I really do want Trump to be emperor... but I'm content to accept it as an impossible outcome. An emperor could only arise if the nation was already mostly destroyed through internal conflict.

My previous comment stands, as I basically judge the left as being destructive of America. The difference now is that it's no longer conducted through a gradual white-anting/undermining/manipulating/etc., but through explicit and violent destruction. I want Trump to be emperor to stop the destruction and (excuse the slogan) make America great again.