The INFJ Divide "/" | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

The INFJ Divide "/"

I appreciate all the discussion here. I always learn something from this type of discourse. I must say though that this thread is not going the way I had hoped. By keeping it to the very technical aspects of MBTI theory, it is keeping people from taking part I think. What I really intended to do here is:

1) See what people thought of my fairly simple idea of balanced functions within the INFJ group and how it "flavors" us.

2) See what people thought of my list, and where the people fall on it.

3) Have others add their name to the lists in whatever categories they thought they might fall.

I'd like to see more of the above, especially number three. But again all the discussion is very interesting and informative.

Reactions: IndigoSensor
Getting back on topic, I believe that I am INFJ/INFP.

I would say I'm on the INFJ/INTJ divide.

Random thought: The more and more I think about it, I think I'm an INTJ/INFP. I think I have a abnormally high and displaced/balanced Fi more than I have Fe. Course, I haven't thought about this, thus why it's a random thought

INFJ/INFP

Questingpoet
Entyqua
Morgain
Ria
Norwich
Dneceey
MF
Wellnowonder
Last Dawn
Efromm
Alcyone
acd

INFJ/INTJ

Res
VH
Blind Bandit
TDHT
IndigoSensor
randomsomeone
Reon
Flavus Aquila
Alcyone

INFJ/ISFJ

Res
Blind Bandit
Flavus Aquila
Efromm
N

Reactions: IndigoSensor
I agree with your INFJ/ENFJ/INFP assessment of me!

I would just like to point out that you misspelled your own username. *snicker*

Damn my fickle "J"! What you can't just say hi Jenn? o_O

I've been told I'm INFJ/ISFJ and INTJ

I've been told I'm INFJ/ISFJ and INTJ

I barely know you, but I see INFJ/ISFJ. I have some experience with ISFJ's. My wife and former fianc

I read the description for ISFJ and I can see how I may come off that way. It's not a bad way to be! Seems like a pretty decent type lol

So where do you think I fit in this list?

This is not about subscribing to the published theories of MBTI, because they have just as many flaws. This is not about logic, it is about accuracy, I have no problem with an Ni leap that appears irrational if it is works. Your way would be good and fine if it really was getting you to the correct place like you are saying it is doing. Sometimes it does, but there is a large hole cut right out of it. The MBTI is probably accurate maybe about 60% of the time give or take, but the remaining 40% represent not just a flaw in the test, but a huge misunderstanding of human functionality.
Current MBTI really does give us a somewhat deeper understanding than what we had without it, but we can go far deeper, and the mainstream MBTI has blocked off this deeper understanding with it's current understanding (or lack there of) and methodology, by the implementation of simplicities.

Finally! Wooo! Yes yes. I'm glad to see someone feels similarily to how I feel about this. Also thank you for sharing your view. The more MBTI I've absorbed, the more I've been wanting to forget it. Intuitively I've felt that there are missing *pieces* in MBTI and Socionics (and the like), and the influence is so great it really hinders the potential of progress, people are making the same mistakes over and over. Alas, it's how things are I guess.

Something overlooked, something ignored, a bit of both. I HATE having a faulty logical process in me, basically just spinning around in my mind and being not *just right*. And the more I've read, the more muddled my understanding has become. Some people really do make an effort, and has some insight, and sometimes they share. And that's nice. So thanks.
:m107:

Last edited:
Reactions: Questingpoet
Though I don't know the people in the OP list I understand from stalking the forums before acctually posting how different INFJ's can be. There are some who are more of the INFJ/INFP strong feelers. I personally put me under the INFJ/INTJ because I test INTJ more than I test INFJ but also because that can be my alter ego. In the buisness world being an INTJ can have it's advantages and really can get you that fear factor. So it pays at times to be harsh like that even though I feel terrible after.