Questingpoet

Not Afraid to Use His Beard
Donor
Sep 11, 2009
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Something I have been considering a lot lately is why even within type, we INFJ's can seem so different. Granted I still feel much more in touch with INFJ people than others of dissimilar type, but the differences within the INFJ group here interest me. I am no MBTI guru like some, but I have a few ideas. I put myself in that group that has a very weak "J" and spends time in INFP mode, as some of you others do. My theory is the differences within the INFJ's that I see are due to balanced other functions. My J/P is about equal, that puts me in one sub-group of INFJ's. There are others who have definite F/T balance. That's another group.

We all go other types at times of stress or maybe extreme happiness and comfort. I can be INFP and ENFJ as well, depending on circumstances. I think our balanced functions "bleed" into our personalities and flavor them. I am INFJ (Blue), Indigo is INFJ (Red) etc. That's my theory. I am putting a chart up of who I think is grouped with whom. Please add or change your name if you like. If I included you and you don't want to be, please let me know. I tried to only put people I know who are INFJ's and would not mind. Thanx!

INFJ/INFP

Questingpoet
Entyqua
Morgain
Ria
Norwich
Dneceey
MF
Wellnowonder
Last Dawn
Efromm
Alcyone
acd

INFJ/INTJ

Res
VH
Blind Bandit
TDHT
IndigoSensor
randomsomeone
Reon
Flavus Aquila
Alcyone

INFJ/ISFJ

Res
Blind Bandit
Flavus Aquila
Efromm
N

Last edited:
I like this list. I don't really have many complaints about it. Nicely done! I will have to mill on this more. Functions definitely have a play in this.

This sounds interesting. I wonder in which group I would go in? I don't really question my type, just curious how would you perceive me?

It's funny you put me under INFJ/ISFJ and INFJ/INTJ. My mom is ISFJ and my dad is INTJ, so maybe that's why there seems to be elements of both in me. Interesting list. Thx QP. ;)

I think this is interesting. I identify as INFJ, but a friend who is much more familiar with MBTI says I actually don't come off as any of the types at all. I don't know enough about any of the other types to say whether or not I fit in any other category. Maybe ISFJ sometimes. Maybe ISTJ sometimes as well.

Interesting. I have wondered about type subdivisions before. I've noticed that some INFJs seem too S or E for my tastes, some were strangely P, some were so T that I wondered if they were INTJs or INTPs, and others seemed well-balanced.

Where do you think I would fit in your scheme?

Last edited:
....a self-diagnosed INFJ/INFP, myself...?
anyway;
A few interesting notes. Almost all the ones under INFJ/ENFJ are older. We come out of our shell more as we age--moreso than others I think. Not too many INFJ/ISFJ's there? I wonder why that is. The INF(PJ's) are all over here. This is where this place gets such a "touchy-feely" vibe I believe. This is not scientific in any way, but merely conjecture on my part. Feel free to debate, discuss, and disagree.
perhaps because INXJ uses Ni, and ISXJ uses Si? It's directly opposed...

This sounds interesting. I wonder in which group I would go in? I don't really question my type, just curious how would you perceive me?

I think you are in the INFJ/INFP and the INFJ/INTJ groups SC. I tried to include the people I knew well. It's harder with those you don't know as well. I know you well enough to hazard I guess I think. Where do YOU think you would fit?

It's funny you put me under INFJ/ISFJ and INFJ/INTJ. My mom is ISFJ and my dad is INTJ, so maybe that's why there seems to be elements of both in me. Interesting list. Thx QP. ;)

I know you well Res. I think I was pretty on with yours. What you say makes sense.

Interesting. I have wondered about type subdivisions before. I've noticed that some INFJs seem too S or E for my tastes, some were strangely P, some were so T that I wondered if they were INTJs or INTPs, and others seemed well-balanced.

Where do you think I would fit in your scheme?

I don't know you nearly as well athenian. My guess would be INFJ/INTJ. What do you think?

I am going with my Ni on a lot of this. It's usually pretty reliable.

....a self-diagnosed INFJ/INFP, myself...?
anyway;

perhaps because INXJ uses Ni, and ISXJ uses Si? It's directly opposed...

Yes, this make a lot of sense too. My wife is supposed to be ISFJ. She is not much like me in personality. We are both "I"'s--that's about it.

I think you are in the INFJ/INFP and the INFJ/INTJ groups SC. I tried to include the people I knew well. It's harder with those you don't know as well. I know you well enough to hazard I guess I think. Where do YOU think you would fit?

I'd say it's a good guess with INFJ/INTJ group. Thanks!

I don't know you nearly as well athenian. My guess would be INFJ/INTJ. What do you think?

Hmm... yes, that's what I thought. Most people either tell me they think I'm an INTJ or an ISFJ.

Also, I test rather close to 50% on T/F, though function tests always reveal that I have lots of Ti, and not much Te. I guess that's still more INTJ-ish than not, though.

Last edited:
I think this is interesting. I identify as INFJ, but a friend who is much more familiar with MBTI says I actually don't come off as any of the types at all. I don't know enough about any of the other types to say whether or not I fit in any other category. Maybe ISFJ sometimes. Maybe ISTJ sometimes as well.

Your avatar looks to have a strong Si component to it. I'd guess you were an ISFJ or ISTJ from it. Your facial expression and general vibe looks a lot like an ISFJ that was my secretary for a few years.

I test rather close to 50% on T/F, though function tests always reveal that I have lots of Ti, and not much Te. I guess that's still more INTJ-ish than not, though.

That's very typical of an INFJ, actually. Are you in your 20s? That's around the time when INFJs really start to develop their T functions.

Edit: Nevermind. It's listed on your info. *Si Fail and facepalm*

Last edited:
Your avatar looks to have a strong Si component to it. I'd guess you were an ISFJ or ISTJ from it. Your facial expression and general vibe looks a lot like an ISFJ that was my secretary for a few years.

I also am going to agree with this. I two good friends of mine / co-workers (an ISFJ and an ISTJ) have a very similar vibe to you. Looking at your cognitive function results, I think ISFJ is a very distinct possibillity. Have you read the descriptons for this type before?

Very interesting, QP, and I like this. Despite being painfully introverted, I can see extroverted pieces in me.

Hmm...*Presents thinky face*

What a very great list QP...I know we have had discussions about the divide before...but never beyond the FJ FP and EN IN scale...this is very very interesting how well all these people fit into the exact categories you have placed them.

I am starting to think I am more solid INFP with each day. I relate a lot more to INFP descriptions/views now that I really look into it. Does anybody think the same?

Nice list QP. I'm not on it but that's understandable since I'm too busy being the lurker below you won't know me. Mind putting me down in the INFJ/INTJ column?

I like the list, but why do you think I fit with the INFJ/ISFJ? note the function order below, I fail with S