The Great Christian Argument | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

The Great Christian Argument

Yes, I agree. If I could learn to show respect and tolerance towards those who don't do the same to me, then I at least won't be making the world any worse a place for people to live.

Or perceived!!! The attack on my comment about morality unjustified. Nowhere in my post did I attack you or you lifestyle my comment on morality was morality in general both heterosexual and bisexual hence the the example at the end of pedophilia as it is still seen today as detestable.

Or perceived!!! The attack on my comment about morality unjustified. Nowhere in my post did I attack you or you lifestyle my comment on morality was morality in general both heterosexual and bisexual hence the the example at the end of pedophilia as it is still seen today as detestable.

But by saying that didn't you imply that homosexuality is just as morally wrong (all part of the same downward spiral) as pedophila it is just more accepted at the moment?

But by saying that didn't you imply that homosexuality is just as morally wrong (all part of the same downward spiral) as pedophila it is just more accepted at the moment?

That is how I read it.

My thoughts where not on homosexuality until Satya spewed his spray at me I didn't even know he was.

My thoughts where not on homosexuality until Satya spewed his spray at me I didn't even know he was.

So you are saying that you don't feel that homosexuality is part of a downward spiral of moral degradation? That is typically the argument I get and that is how I interpreted your reply to my post where I mentioned same sex marriage.

Last edited:
So you are saying that you don't feel that homosexuality is part of a downward spiral of moral degradation? That is typically the argument I get and that is how I interpreted your reply to my post where I mentioned same sex marriage.

What I am saying and understand the history. I was a victim of sexual predictors. I see any sexual encounter other then the way it was designed as self gratification.

Last edited:
What I am saying and understand the history. I was a victim sexual predictors. I see any sexual encounter other then the way it was designed as self gratification.

Interesting view. I see any sexual relationship outside of a consensual, monogamous relationship between two adults to be for self gratification for the same reason.

Interesting view. I see any sexual relationship outside of a consensual, monogamous relationship between two adults to be for self gratification for the same reason.

Consensual still doesn't mean one or both parties ain't in it for self gratification. Even in marriage between man and woman it has intruded and is contributing to marriage breakdown.

Consensual still doesn't mean one or both parties ain't in it for self gratification.

True, but that is same for both homosexual and heterosexual relationships. An ideal relationship is where both parties are in it for each other.

Even in marriage between man and woman it has intruded and is contributing to marriage breakdown.
Such as marriages where gay men have forced themselves to marry women?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bm9hLVjpZno

Yes, those are tragedies which should be avoided by gay people being honest with themselves.

However, the leading cause to divorce is money, not sexual orientation.

Last edited:
Such as marriages where gay men have forced themselves to marry women?

My wife ex-husband was gay and left her for another man. You wouldn't begin to know how much that devastated her. Our marriage never stood a chance I was always fighting against what it did to her and she could never let me in.

Last edited:
My wife ex-husband was gay and left her for another man. You wouldn't begin to know how much that devastated her. Our marriage never stood a chance I was always fighting against what it did to her and she could never let me in.

That is a tragedy. I really wish we lived in a culture where some gay men didn't feel the need to hide who they are from themselves and to marry so they can hide it from others or in a misguided attempt to become heterosexual. What that does to people really isn't fair.

I've been there and its a very large part of the reason I'm as passionate about it as I am.

Last edited:
That is a tragedy. I really wish we lived in a culture where some gay men didn't feel the need to hide who they are from themselves and to marry so they can hide it from others or in a misguided attempt to become heterosexual. What that does to people really isn't fair.

I've been there and its a very large part of the reason I'm as passionate about it as I am.

So not getting into a religious debate but amen to that ^

It goes deeper like all good INFJs

The problem is with SELFs
Selfishness
Self gratification
Self centeredness
Self exaltation
Self righteousness
Self justification
Get the pattern?

It goes deeper like all good INFJs

The problem is with SELFs
Selfishness
Self gratification
Self centeredness
Self exaltation
Self righteousness
Self justification
Get the pattern?

Not really. If you are in love someone, then you want to make them happy. You want to be a part of their life. That isn't self, that is the beauty of love.

Not really. If you are in love someone, then you want to make them happy. You want to be a part of their life. That isn't self, that is the beauty of love.

Missed point not talking about relationships here talking about the human condition. Trying to get back on topic.

Last edited:
Missed point not talking about relationships here talking about the human condition

How does this relate to homosexuality?

I agree that humans are typically selfish creatures, but that is true for any sexual orientation.

The way I see it, the exception to being selfish is when you allow yourself to love someone, and that is because you make yourself vulnerable and open yourself up to feeling pain since you are putting your trust in someone besides yourself.

Last edited:
How does this relate to homosexuality?

I agree that humans are typically selfish creatures, but that is true for any sexual orientation.

The way I see it, the exception to being selfish is when you allow yourself to love someone, and that is because you make yourself vulnerable and open yourself up to feeling pain since you are putting your trust in someone besides yourself.

The thread topic the great christian argument
The one who condemns is self righteous?
The one who retorts is self justification?
Oh and I have just progressed to found a dictionary! I could use one.

Last edited:
The thread topic the great christian argument

I know, it is my thread.

The one who condemns is self righteous?
Agreed. And I don't think I have done anything to condemn you in my last few posts.

The one who retorts is self justification?
Um...not too sure what you are trying to say there. I'm only replying to the insinuations you are making with my own beliefs and experiences. That is typically how these threads work. It's discussion.

I am trying to go back to the topic of the thread. Forget homosexuality and I not trying to imply anything just making an observation about condemnation and sin.

I am trying to go back to the topic of the thread. Forget homosexuality and I not trying to imply anything just making an observation about condemnation and sin.

To express strong disapproval of other human beings is definitely not what Jesus intended. That is something I can definitely agree with. It is far better to show love, respect, and tolerance for each other. Black Swan nailed it.