The Great Christian Argument | Page 5 | INFJ Forum

The Great Christian Argument

To express strong disapproval of other human beings is definitely not what Jesus intended. That is something I can definitely agree with. It is far better to show love, respect, and tolerance for each other. Black Swan nailed it.

I believe Black Swan and Oh Mermaid quoted me when I said " This topic is one of the reasons INFJs are people after Gods own heart. We love integrity, truth and justice but that is offset by our tenderness, compassion and mercy."

I believe Black Swan and Oh Mermaid quoted me when I said " This topic is one of the reasons INFJs are people after Gods own heart. We love integrity, truth and justice but that is offset by our tenderness, compassion and mercy."
Then I wonder who ENTPs take after :D

Just gotta throw this one thing out there. For a group of people who believe in walking by faith, which to me, indicates a life of being content in the moment, I've never run across a group of people so obsessed with knowing the future, as in the Christian's quest for a perfect knowing of eschatology.

Just gotta throw this one thing out there. For a group of people who believe in walking by faith, which to me, indicates a life of being content in the moment, I've never run across a group of people so obsessed with knowing the future, as in the Christian's quest for a perfect knowing of eschatology.

A little off topic here cause I won't talk religion but that's the intuitive part. Sensors are the ones who are great at living in the moment and being content about it, intuitives forever look at the future.

It is true that INFJs are future-oriented. However, those Christians who try and map out biblical prophecy into an event-defined endgame are probably not of the "n" persuasion at all.

Mainly, eschatologists fall into 3 categories: Preterist, Historicist, an Futurist. It is all about the interpretation of the book of Revelation, a book that barely made it into the canon of scripture.

The preterists - those who believe that the Revelation was written for the Christians of that ancient time, are probably more likely correct - that is, if you believe in that kind of thing.

Our kind

Both, Revelations was foretelling the reign of Nero, and the same thing will happen again; another will come just as Nero against God's people. Blaming those who worship Christ for the current situation. (No any so called Christians that bring about destruction in the name of God.)
There will be a great backlash against all religion because religion has caused the most wars and deaths in our history. And then he will come.
Hey we might be talking a 100 years or a 1,000. But if we don't learn from histories mistakes ........

My scores said I'm like Nathan the Prophet, but does anyone else hate sheep herding. Don't know maybe it's the Egyptian in me :meyes:

. . . For a group of people who believe in walking by faith . . . I've never run across a group of people so obsessed with knowing the future, as in the Christian's quest for a perfect knowing of eschatology.

Lol. I don't usually wander into the religion section of this forum, but this comment caught my eye.

This is so true!! I see you've met my mother! . . . personally, I could care LESS about eschatology! And I'm definitely a fundamental Christian. Here's hoping, however, that I'm not insane . . . ;P

Oh please, get me started! I love this stuff. When I was in bible school, I was never more confused in my life as I was in eschatology class. First thing was the meaning of the 1,000 year reign in the Revelation - the Great Millenium. So now, there's an argument about when Christ returns in relation to the millenium. You got your pre-millenialists, a-millenialists, and post-millenialists. The pre-millenialists tend to dominate, but then, you've got your preterists, who believe the Revelation was written for, and completely understood by the people of that day, to whom the book was written. Then the preterist-futurists believe some of the Revelation was written for early Christians and some for the end times, then the futurists believe the ancient people had no idea what the Revelation was about, and the entire book was meant for the end times - the latter days, which according to them, we are in. Then there are pre-mils who believe in a secret rapture, after which we appear in the clouds with Jesus, and there are pre-mils who believe the second coming is a single event. Of the rapturists, it's all based on the 7-year Great Tribulation. Do we come back with Jesus pre-trib, mid-trib, or post-trib - you know, the argument about whether or not Christians will go through the tribulation. Then you've got your a-millenialists, who say that the Great Millenium is a figurative thousand years, and that we're already reigning with Christ, and the Tribulation is figurative too, that "In the world, ye shall have tribulation," so we always have tribulation, and the a-millenialists are mainly historicist, so they believe events in the Revelation are happening slowly as the church progresses. Then there are post-mils who believe the millenium is figurative and represents a golden age of the church and the Christianization of the world, so that Christ will return to a perfected church. Then there are some pre-mils who believe the fulfilling of all Revelation prophecy depends on the Nation of Israel, and others who believe that the church is the true Israel, and then you've got your neo-orthodox existentialists, who believe the second coming is happening all the time. After hearing all of this, I decided I was a pan-millenialist. It would all pan out in the end.

Last edited:
Great thread,

As i am too open minded to subscribe to any religion but am open to listening to all peoples opinions you tend to (or is it just me) analyze it all way too much.
Sin???
As humans we all view our world/life and everything we do from our own individual perception, good & bad, love & hate, ying & yang, action reaction.
It's all dualistic.
If god created man/woman the earth, the universe and everything in it he must have also created the ability to "sin".
That would make "him" as dualistic as everything else, therefore he would be capable of love and hate in equal measures.
Why would we then think that "sin" is bad? (because the scriptures tell us so). god is just as likely to cast you into hell because he doesn't like the look of you as to send you to heaven because of your sinless life.
Does anybody really believe leading a sinless life will get them to "heaven"?

Just throwing it out there, just my thoughts on sin not my personal beliefs.

Last edited:
Pst BadBluey ... RUN!

*Hides from the religious threads*

Keep that chainsaw monkey away from the treehouse!!!!