Tension from Iraq | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Tension from Iraq

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am afraid that as a result of an incoherent foreign policy. .a moron in the white house, surrounded by yes men and cult followers. . we are fucked. the middle east is not a place to try and intimidate. . it is a place that requires intelligence and strategy we have neither. and this serves as a distraction from the corruption in the white house

I am afraid that as a result of an incoherent foreign policy. .a moron in the white house, surrounded by yes men and cult followers. . we are fucked. the middle east is not a place to try and intimidate. . it is a place that requires intelligence and strategy we have neither. and this serves as a distraction from the corruption in the white house

After almost four years, finally got the fitting description for this US president: pointless
These proxy wars are happening anyhow, whether it would be under Trump or another presidential candidate. However, Trump's ability to add so much unnecessary tension to the whole situation is what's aggravating...it's pointless...his election was pointless, his presidency is pointless, his whole persona is pointless in the current geopolitical scheme.

I have so many questions... all revolving around Trump.
Doesn't matter if you support him or despise him, these are questions we should all have:

• Did the Iranian General deserve to be killed? What is the gauge by which one goes by to determine such a thing?
  • What gave Trump the authority to take another man's life if we were not at war with that country? Are we officially at war with Iran?
  • Does Trump understand enough of what is going on in the middle east to make calls like this?
  • Did the top military advisors to the US president advise this action, or was this a knee jerk reaction from this potus?
  • Is this an attempt by Trump to take attention off of the impeachment hearings and to make himself look better for the elections?

I have so many questions... all revolving around Trump.
Doesn't matter if you support him or despise him, these are questions we should all have:

• Did the Iranian General deserve to be killed? What is the gauge by which one goes by to determine such a thing?
  • What gave Trump the authority to take another man's life if we were not at war with that country? Are we officially at war with Iran?
  • Does Trump understand enough of what is going on in the middle east to make calls like this?
  • Did the top military advisors to the US president advise this action, or was this a knee jerk reaction from this potus?
  • Is this an attempt by Trump to take attention off of the impeachment hearings and to make himself look better for the elections?

1. They did it in response to an attack on US embassy in Iraq: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-50966958
2. Drumpfy made a threat towards Iran (see tweet in article) and gave the authority to take down a key person (Iranian General) from Iran.
3. Drumpf doesn't understand enough on the implication of what his action did, he listened to his advisors (US Military General Staff).
4. The top military advisors most likely knew the implications of this action.
5. Yes.

Is this an attempt by Trump to take attention off of the impeachment hearings and to make himself look better for the elections?
Yes!
It's his MO throughout his running and being elected. Distract the attention elsewhere so he can scurry in a different direction or create maheim in another space. It's ludicrous that few see it as it is.
What gave Trump the authority to take another man's life if we were not at war with that country? Are we officially at war with Iran
I've been asking these two questions also.

:rage:
I'm still on the fence regarding much of what I see and hear these days. Frustration sets in and until it rolls up in my yard I feel my hands are tied and my mouth taped...no one is listening to me, so I continue on with what's in front of me and wait.

It can be terrible waiting to see if the seeds of WW III are being planted right under our noses. Or, are we already in its infant stage?

The very thing Americans think their protected from is that bloodshed would be elsewhere, no, it will come here. 9-11 came here. A couple hundred miles down state from me looked like hell was unleashed. American's have become comfortable again. I believe that this go-around all the world will see casualties of what is to come. I just hope the silly-fuks behind the decision making are at peace with their greed. Because no human is immune to Death.

Geeish, sorry about that rant, but, logically, truth is more important.

ENWv49mXkAEnnD0.jpg

This answers one of my questions:

Note: as of this moment we are still NOT officially at war with Iran. This adds validation to the above point Chris Murphy has made considering:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_Powers_Resolution
The War Powers Resolution (also known as the War Powers Resolution of 1973 or the War Powers Act) (50 U.S.C. 1541–1548)[1] is a federal law intended to check the president's power to commit the United States to an armed conflict without the consent of the U.S. Congress. The Resolution was adopted in the form of a United States Congressional joint resolution. It provides that the U.S. President can send the Armed Forces into action abroad only by declaration of war by Congress, "statutory authorization," or in case of "a national emergency created by attack upon the United States, its territories or possessions, or its armed forces."

The War Powers Resolution requires the President to notify Congress within 48 hours of committing armed forces to military action and forbids armed forces from remaining for more than 60 days, with a further 30-day withdrawal period, without a Congressional authorization for use of military force (AUMF) or a declaration of war by the United States. The resolution was passed by two-thirds of each of the House and Senate, overriding the veto of the bill from President Nixon.

It has been alleged that the War Powers Resolution has been violated in the past – for example, by President Bill Clinton in 1999, during the bombing campaign in Kosovo. Congress has disapproved all such incidents, but none has resulted in any successful legal actions being taken against the president for alleged violations.[2]

What are the odds that Congress once again will sit on their thumbs and not do anything about it.

Last edited:
So, I need one day without anxiety and news is filling up my phone and alerts (I need to fix that.)

Time for a redirect and I wonder, no one's going to talk about the elephant in the room?

Fine, I'll start ...
Qasem Soleimani looked disturbingly like Sean Connery's lost twin.

I suspect this attack was actually coordinated by the Scottish. There can be only one.

So, I need one day without anxiety and news is filling up my phone and alerts (I need to fix that.)

Time for a redirect and I wonder, no one's going to talk about the elephant in the room?

Fine, I'll start ...
Qasem Soleimani looked disturbingly like Sean Connery's lost twin.

I suspect this attack was actually coordinated by the Scottish. There can be only one.
Eh, no worries @MoonFlier (no serious geopolitical escalations yet, I doubt and hopefully I'm correct that a serious war will come out of this between the US and the Middle East), The Scots have it in the bag.

Remember how the Republicans were all butthurt about Obama using too many drone strikes?
Fun times...

Well I see that the child in charge is now threatening Iran. No sense of history, and no sense of the world wide cost of a war in the middle east. Does anyone think it will stay in Iran?. . of course not, let's start a chain reaction that involves the whole middle east, oh, then Russia has to get involved to protect it's allies. . goddammit, will someone please get this asshole out before he ignites the whole world to divert from his corruption in office?. .
I remember the time when we had a congress. . when we had a president that didn't think that worldwide war was acceptable. . when our government cared about something besides making money for those in office. .

Wow. Just wow. From Beirut to here, and nobody knows what is going on. I'll check back later.

Reactions: Sandie33
Status
Not open for further replies.