Tax on Junk Food!!! It's NEAR! | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Tax on Junk Food!!! It's NEAR!

AAAH why don't they just buy the substitutes in DIET form instead :S

The diet forms are actually just as bad - or worse - for your body because they're made from artificial ingredients. And some of those ingredients are used to make you crave *more* of them.

In the end, it's best to choose the health food version of the products if you really crave them (the ones without the additional additives and additional sugars/salts).

Or if you can handle it, don't choose them at all.

The diet forms are actually just as bad - or worse - for your body because they're made from artificial ingredients. And some of those ingredients are used to make you crave *more* of them.

In the end, it's best to choose the health food version of the products if you really crave them (the ones without the additional additives and additional sugars/salts).

Or if you can handle it, don't choose them at all.

Oh well... at least they are basically calorie free :m105:

EVERYONE JUST BECOME VEGANS AND AVOID PARTIALLY HYDRONATED OILS AND HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP AND PROCESSED FOODS.

You'll be fine.

EVERYONE JUST BECOME VEGANS AND AVOID PARTIALLY HYDRONATED OILS AND HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP AND PROCESSED FOODS.

You'll be fine.

In my opinion, vegan is taken it to the other extreme. Not everyone is cut out for it; it's not conducive to those with certain deficiencies or other biological conditions. At least not without an ass-load of supplements that carry their own baggage.

Granted, it's a better alternative to the average 'North American diet,' but it's not the only solution. Overall, I think vegans get brownie points (special, vegan brownie points) for being more conscious and educated about what they put in their bodies. And that's something we'd all benefit from.

But look at me, preaching to choir. I think by now most people are aware of what a shitty diet looks like... but they do it anyway.

Myself included.

Why are we so flawed?

Last edited:
In my opinion, vegan is taken it to the other extreme. Not everyone is cut out for it; it's not conducive to those with certain deficiencies or other biological conditions. At least not without an ass-load of supplements that carry their own baggage.

Granted, it's a better alternative to the average 'North American diet,' but it's not the only solution. Overall, I think vegans get brownie points (special, vegan brownie points) for being more conscious and educated about what they put in their bodies. And that's something we'd all benefit from.

But look at me, preaching to choir. I think by now most people are aware of what a shitty diet looks like... but they do it anyway.

Myself included.

Why are we so flawed?

I like eeet.

arbygil, will you be my new best health buddy and alert me of all the good sales at whole foods and what foods to boycott and the new HFCS that they are using under a different name?

pleeeassseee?!

arbygil, will you be my new best health buddy and alert me of all the good sales at whole foods and what foods to boycott and the new HFCS that they are using under a different name?

pleeeassseee?!

LOL! You can look it all up on your very own...you know that. Sadly not everyone does, but ya know how it goes. Plenty of good literature and websites are out there, and if you're not sure where to look Google is the best tool ever.

As well as adding your name to your local HFS website circular.

Way to make the poor poorer!

Tax on tasty food!

Nah, it's probably good in a way. But I can't help but think of the "Among the Hidden" series by Margaret Peterson-Haddix...

However, what would that do to the economy? Don't these junk food businesses need this money to help keep the economy going, regardless if their products are clogging the blood vessels of saturated-fat loving u.s. americans?

That really was a question by the way. I know nothing about economics.

I don't want to be vegan. I don't feel like complexifying things. I know what's going into my body, and I'm not really all too concerned. Too bad!

But I really wish health food prices would be lowered. There's a lot of health food I really do like. Heck, I like almost all food...:m175:

Reactions: bamf
I kind of think one of the reasons that people call America "fat" is because of how much junk food a lot of people eat. But when you think about it, it's good and it's cheap while healthy food is sometimes not good and expensive. And you need food to survive. I think a lot of poorer citizens buy junk food because of the price. Plus, junk food can get addicting. I don't know. I'm just saying. Feel free to disagree.

Reactions: Blind Bandit
I refuse to do research on my own. My lifestyle is simply too lazy. That's why I have prisoners.

It's actually way cheaper to eat healthy. All of the packaged and processed foods are super expensive. It is super cheap to throw together a healthy meal. I speak from the Asian diet point of view; I'm not sure what the healthy American diet is.