[PAX] - Tarot Studies and Questions | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

[PAX] Tarot Studies and Questions

I wouldn't have guessed that [MENTION=3799]bionic[/MENTION]. What drew you to them?

I have always been drawn to Celtic things outside my own Native tradtions. I haven't delved into tarot but I do use runes.

I like tarot. My mom had a deck of tarot cards, and I never understood them when I was younger... but then I started reading about witchcraft and paganism when I was 16, especially as its practiced in recent years. Many use tarot for divinations and meditations, which I do as well now.
The readings are useful as guidelines. I'm always skeptical, but some spreads are uncanny EVERY time I use them. Some offer a perspective that I needed to confirm or a new one that I needed see; I've honestly made life decisions based on tarot readings (but it was probably just confirming what I already knew deep down). But beware, you may lose sight of external reality, just like bionic said. I certainly have at times!
I won't remove software tarot as a resource, but I don't think it offers the same level of connection as a tangible deck of cards for me.
I have not figured out what deck my mom had, but I definitely have the Tarot of Pagan Cats, as of a few days ago. I think I'll just be a collector of tarot decks... my wish-list is long. ^_^; I also wonder if some of the spreads I haven't made a connection with just need the right deck to bridge the gap.

Yay for the possibilities of tarot!