Mbti and Tarot | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Mbti and Tarot

i bet we do have similar energies and auras :)

i also love the imagery... i've had this deck for a good 10 years now and i've never wanted another... and the cernunnos interpretation is good... i always link that card to my family... my surname literally translates to Satan and i had a long conversation with a pagan intuitive who said that certain families would be in charge of honoring a certain deity and that it wouldn't surprise him if my name harkened back to cernunnos... whether or not it's true, the connection has always stuck in my head :)

this is mostly how i read... i've long since lost the little booklet that came with it... more interpreting the imagery and going on intuition... not that i'm really any good :p

Well that is cool! blessings to you Oh Mistress of the Wild Hunt and Keeper of Nwyfre

Reactions: Sensiko
lol Man... I cannot stand Aleister, he was such a sociopath. But Idk, I think his Thoth deck is decent for a intermediate level... but that Hermetic is da bombs! I like the Deck of Eden, it has a medieval vibe to it :p

@Sensiko It's funny that you guys get the Lovers card cause I totally think of a soulmate meeting when I think of you guys. Your energies just seem to vibe so easily together... it just makes sense yanno? Do you guys ever get the Lovers with the Two of Cups? This totally indicates a soulmate bond... pair it with an Ace of Cups and you got a triple threat of love!
I agree...Crowley was a bit of an egomaniac...though when he was with the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn he wasn't quite as much of a douche.
You can download all the publications of 'The Equinox' (the newsletter the Hermetic Order put out) here: http://www.occult-underground.com (go to the ebooks section....lots of free stuff)
Plus they have quite a nice selection of other hard to find occult publication (some good, some evil...be careful)

Well i just had a lovely day playing with tarot with my best friend. She brought over her new Shadowcapes Deck and the imagery is divine. Very delicate, intricate, water coloured yet earthy, dreamlike, poetic. Stephanie Pui-Mun Law has a beautiful mind to dream and manifest such beautifully poetic cards. I would like to buy some of the prints.
6 of cups came up in all my readings in a prominent position to represent me and my future outcomes. She says that the 6 of cups and queen of cups is how she sees me. The 6 of cups in the shadowscape is somewhat different to the intepretation in my trusty Druidcraft and all other decks i am familiar with. Its a trippy card. I like how different people interpret things in their own individual way to create a richer depth to the tapestry of tarot, and the human experience

View attachment 18458

That is such a beautiful card! If you really like using your imagination, a good deck you could look at is the Voyager Tarot Deck by James Waneless. It's definitely not everyone's cup of tea, but the beauty in the imagery is that you will spot something in the image you never saw before from reading to reading.

http://www.voyagertarot.com/?page_id=811

Reactions: Sensiko
I've been thinking about this lately while at work.

The Major Arcana has far more significance than the Minor Arcana. I've been thinking that Enneagram loosely lines up with the Major Arcana much more than any other personality system out there. Of course, I'm loosely basing this off of Enneagram though...:

Enneagram 1: The Heirophant (for it's main lesson of morale)
Enneagram 2: Empress (lesson in giving/nurturing)
Enneagram 3: The Magician or Emperor? This one is tough because The Magician has the means to achieve their goals but the Emperor already knows he has this capability and he attains them...... Maybe The Chariot??
Enneagram 4: The Star (deep connection to inner self/lesson of sharing their uniqueness with the world)
Enneagram 5: The Hermit (lesson of observation/wisdom)
Enneagram 6: Death (lesson of feeling comfortably with uncertainty)
Enneagram 7: The Fool (lesson of pleasure seeking and jumping into new experiences without foresight)
Enneagram 8: Strength (lesson in finding strength through vulnerability)
Enneagram 9: Temperance (lesson of balance, merging with others, and adequately dispersing energy)

Feel free to give me your input

Reactions: muir
i bet we do have similar energies and auras :)

i also love the imagery... i've had this deck for a good 10 years now and i've never wanted another... and the cernunnos interpretation is good... i always link that card to my family... my surname literally translates to Satan and i had a long conversation with a pagan intuitive who said that certain families would be in charge of honoring a certain deity and that it wouldn't surprise him if my name harkened back to cernunnos... whether or not it's true, the connection has always stuck in my head :)

this is mostly how i read... i've long since lost the little booklet that came with it... more interpreting the imagery and going on intuition... not that i'm really any good :p

You mentioned Cernunnos who is obviously the European horned god; just as a random observation the Hadron colider in switzerland that has been trying to unlock the secrets of our universe is called 'CERN' and it is circular in shape like an animals horns!

Just thought i'd throw that in there as an example of how the occult is everywhere, hidden in plain sight!

Last edited:
You mentioned Cernunnos who is obviously the European horned god; just as a random observation the Hadron colider in switzerland that has been trying to unlock the secrets of our universe is called 'CERN' and it is circular in shape like an animals horns!

Just thought i'd throw that in there as an example of how the occult is everywhere, hidden in plain sight!

Indeed.

I love it when I'm solving a puzzle cube and my fingers are flying around it with every flick having a purpose and no movement is wasted - to the casual observer I'm just solving it, but actually I am using it to unlock things in my mind.

It's more than memory, and more than just knowing how to solve it. It's meditative expansion. There are forty three quintillion permutations to the 3x3 cube. 43,252,003,274,489,856,000 permutations. If you had a cube for every permutation, that amount of cubes would cover the earth 275 times.

Indeed.

I love it when I'm solving a puzzle cube and my fingers are flying around it with every flick having a purpose and no movement is wasted - to the casual observer I'm just solving it, but actually I am using it to unlock things in my mind.

It's more than memory, and more than just knowing how to solve it. It's meditative expansion. There are forty three quintillion permutations to the 3x3 cube. 43,252,003,274,489,856,000 permutations. If you had a cube for every permutation, that amount of cubes would cover the earth 275 times.

I do love a good puzzle :)

Most of the books, programmes etc that are easily available in the mainstream often tell us that no one knows the answers to many of the 'mysteries' out there but what i am finding is that there usually IS someone out there who does have the answer!

As you dig deeper into the puzzle it begins to yeild to you

It isn't even work for the intuition...it is it's raison d'etre

I do love a good puzzle :)

Most of the books, programmes etc that are easily available in the mainstream often tell us that no one knows the answers to many of the 'mysteries' out there but what i am finding is that there usually IS someone out there who does have the answer!

As you dig deeper into the puzzle it begins to yeild to you

It isn't even work for the intuition...it is it's raison d'etre

Yes. "Answers" in our society are usually arrived at and conveyed through speech or writing. A perceived lack of answer is many times simply a lack of sufficient language.

Wittgenstein apparently believed that such mysterious things cannot be discussed, because language is a logical structure and anything that can be talked about can be talked about meaningfully, and if it is not meaningful in language then it cannot be talked about. I don't believe Wittgenstein about that. The logic of language is merely a tool adapted to help understand phenomena.

The phenomena is there before the language is, and is thought about before being given words (one must perceive it to give it a word!)

What was the Higgs boson called before it was called the Higgs boson? What was a particle called before it was called a particle? What was rain called before we could even speak?

To insist that answers must be speakable or that answers must have corresponding questions to them is dubious at best.

Reactions: muir
Yes. "Answers" in our society are usually arrived at and conveyed through speech or writing. A perceived lack of answer is many times simply a lack of sufficient language.

Wittgenstein apparently believed that such mysterious things cannot be discussed, because language is a logical structure and anything that can be talked about can be talked about meaningfully, and if it is not meaningful in language then it cannot be talked about. I don't believe Wittgenstein about that. The logic of language is merely a tool adapted to help understand phenomena.

The phenomena is there before the language is, and is thought about before being given words (one must perceive it to give it a word!)

What was the Higgs boson called before it was called the Higgs boson? What was a particle called before it was called a particle? What was rain called before we could even speak?

To insist that answers must be speakable or that answers must have corresponding questions to them is dubious at best.

Words have their limitations for sure

Its funny you said that as it reminded me of an article i read today about the limitations of language:

http://www.wakingtimes.com/2013/07/18/divine-infinite-consciousness-beyond-the-limits-of-language/

When we are communicating through language, we are participating within the limits of a specific sensory frequency range, which is then decoded by the thinking mind to determine meaning at a certain level of the conscious mind. This applies to both verbal and written frequencies. Language is limiting because it can never relay the full essence of experience. Its frequencies reduce pure meaning to an approximation of experience.

The awakening and remembering of our infinite Divine consciousness is a frequency of meaning, existence, and being that is beyond the generalized limits of language. Therefore, we can never use language as the means, teaching, or manual to the awakening of our true infinite consciousness. We can use language to guide, offer insights and feelings on direction, and to develop context for the experiential journey. It is all information and energy that may or may not resonate with the experience of unique souls who are at various sequences in their journey.

Because humanity has been living within a disharmonic frequency of a false restricted fear-based consciousness of conflict, control, and separation for many thousands of years, humanity has been veiled from full Divine awareness within incarnate form. Without this awareness, we are not experiencing and expressing our infinite consciousness on Earth. The fear-based operating system of the mind conditions a consciousness that identifies with the mind contents of limiting beliefs, emotions, and traumatic experience. This identification with contents is then experienced as the restrictions of energy in the body. The primary identification with the limited frequencies of language is part of the current personal identity operating system of the mind, and has been designed to keep humanity operating in a narrow consciousness range of external identification through the experiences of the bodymind.

With the primary awareness of our being through a language dependent system, humanity is veiled from its true infinite Divine consciousness. This consciousness is nonlocal. It is an ultimate simplicity experiencing as an infinite complexity. The existing frequencies of language are not capable of expressing either the simplicity or an infinite simultaneous complexity of meaning. When we use language to assist our awakening and remembering who we truly are as infinite Divine being, we are using limited tools to open to a higher frequency.

Our incarnate journey on Earth is within an infinite complexity. The tools of verbal and visual symbolic language cannot begin to come near to either this complexity or the Divine awareness embodied in a range of frequency expression. While language has some higher capability to carry frequencies that go beyond just its auditory and visual electromagnetic range, in and of itself, it is nowhere near communicating the pure meaning and love of an infinite Divine consciousness. I also described some of these issues in my article, “Telepathic Consciousness in Higher Dimensions of Heart, Mind, and Body.”

When we write or speak about awakening to Divine awareness, we are endeavoring to provide insights and direction to an action that exceeds the capabilities of language. With regard to the infinite consciousness that we are, there is no direct “how to” at the level of language. Through language we can offer insights, feelings, and experience that may assist the journey. These can include meditations, worldviews, healing modalities, etc.

Through the medium of language, we can receive and transmit insights on how the infinite consciousness, mind, and body emanate as a unity. We can express ways of working at the physical body level, the subtle levels of mind, and the interaction of the heart as an interface between the bodymind and infinite consciousness in soul and spirit. With language, we can also point toward an experience of Divine awareness that is beyond words.

However, the language form of processing meaning to experience can never fully capture the infinite complexity of all the frequency systems. The experience of healing, transforming, awakening, and remembering is not reducible to written or verbal communication. As we awaken to our true Divine humanity, we will express a knowing intelligence of the higher mind within the heart through the physical body. This heart-centered infinite consciousness is beyond the operating system of the personal identity mind of thinking and its limiting content programs—it is a higher mind of knowing and doing.

Through language, we are using a lesser vehicle of expression to offer a general guidance on the experience of healing and transforming the bodymind, and awakening to our true Divine humanity incarnate on Earth. We are also communicating a resonant frequency of the higher mind in the heart that transcends the meaning that can be conveyed by the mind’s perception of only the narrow frequencies of the language itself. As we read and learn from others through their communications on awakening to infinite Divine consciousness, let us keep in perspective the role that language is playing in this process of Divine awareness and shifting frequencies.

[h=6]About the Author[/h] Peter Borys Jr. is an author, visionary, multidimensional transformation guide, dimensional evolutionist, and consciousness and energy researcher. Peter’s work communicates a new vision of transformation, evolution, and ascension to a multidimensional cosmic humanity of the true self in Divine unity.
The mission of Peter Borys Jr is to guide and support human awakening, transformation, evolution, and ascension to a fifth dimensional unity consciousness on Earth. He is the author of Transforming Heart and Mind: Learning From the Mystics (Paulist Press, 2006), Unity of the Heart: Transforming Consciousness to an Enlightened Humanity (Mill City Press, 2008), and Dimensional Evolution: Uniting Cosmic Earth Consciousness with a New Divine Humanity (forthcoming).
Please take the time to visit his websites, www.peterborysjr.com and www.unityoftheheart.com.

This article is offered under Creative Commons license. It’s okay to republish it anywhere as long as attribution bio is included and all links remain intact.

I've been thinking about this lately while at work.

The Major Arcana has far more significance than the Minor Arcana. I've been thinking that Enneagram loosely lines up with the Major Arcana much more than any other personality system out there. Of course, I'm loosely basing this off of Enneagram though...:

Enneagram 1: The Heirophant (for it's main lesson of morale)
Enneagram 2: Empress (lesson in giving/nurturing)
Enneagram 3: The Magician or Emperor? This one is tough because The Magician has the means to achieve their goals but the Emperor already knows he has this capability and he attains them...... Maybe The Chariot??
Enneagram 4: The Star (deep connection to inner self/lesson of sharing their uniqueness with the world)
Enneagram 5: The Hermit (lesson of observation/wisdom)
Enneagram 6: Death (lesson of feeling comfortably with uncertainty)
Enneagram 7: The Fool (lesson of pleasure seeking and jumping into new experiences without foresight)
Enneagram 8: Strength (lesson in finding strength through vulnerability)
Enneagram 9: Temperance (lesson of balance, merging with others, and adequately dispersing energy)

Feel free to give me your input

Very interesting Bionic, I can see why you matched the cards to each number- good logic. Thanks for sharing. Ironically i have always disliked to Heirophant card, lol.
Ive noticed that enneagram numbers are somewhat similar to the number meanings in numerology. But i dont know enough about either system to have an informed opinion about the possible correlation. And also noticed that some people like to use numerlogy to intepret their tarot cards as well. I do somewhat with the minor acarna. Each card in the major arcana is associated with a particular number, but i havent properly thought about these before. What do you think?

Its wonderful to see so many taroters here on the forum!

@vandyke,
I would suggest that you choose a deck based on the imagery, symbology, theme, values etc that you like and then just experiment with the cards. Draw a card and write down the first thing that comes to mind. Do this to all the cards until you get a feel for the meanings and the overall energy of you tarot deck.

[video=youtube;aUapZI7Af5g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUapZI7Af5g[/video]

Couldn't help it.

Very interesting Bionic, I can see why you matched the cards to each number- good logic. Thanks for sharing. Ironically i have always disliked to Heirophant card, lol.
Ive noticed that enneagram numbers are somewhat similar to the number meanings in numerology. But i dont know enough about either system to have an informed opinion about the possible correlation. And also noticed that some people like to use numerlogy to intepret their tarot cards as well. I do somewhat with the minor acarna. Each card in the major arcana is associated with a particular number, but i havent properly thought about these before. What do you think?

Idk I really don't believe in numerology after learning it. My life number is 9 and I don't relate to it at all. I actually thought I was an 8 in numerology --- I'm much more money and power driven then I give off. Humanitarian? No way, lol.

I do see the logical correlations between Enneagram and numerology. They aren't direct but there is certainly some overlaying similarities. I'm not sure how someone would interpret numerology with tarot but I wouldn't mind getting into someone's head and learning how they do it.

Woah, this is so interesting. :) Thank you for sharing this. I don't know much about tarots... But it would be really cool to learn it someday!

i think the High Pristess has a strong potential to be a mature INFJ mbti. The high functioning Ni with a strong dose of mysticism is a good combo.

I tend to draw two of swords a lot during stressful times and the Magician card when I do blind readings. I do think the archetypes can resonate with mbti typologies and like all things it only reveals aspects of our subconscious.

My card is usually The Moon. o.0
Then another card I usually get is Four of Swords.

I've got a few tarot card decks and these are the cards that always come up pertaining to me...

I did one online again and got 2 more scary cards: The devil and Death T_T

So then do you think you could take someone like myself, for example, who has never "typed" consistently and use Tarot to make assessments on personality?

So then do you think you could take someone like myself, for example, who has never "typed" consistently and use Tarot to make assessments on personality?

I could assess your current personality characteristics and behavior.... but not your MBTI type.