Quiet

i know nothing
Dec 16, 2011
aus
MBTI
infj
Enneagram
1w9
There are 16 mbti types and there are 16 tarot court card personalities. Both of these systems are based on archetypes.

Some people have tried to connect these two systems. There are different ideas and theories on which tarot card corresponds to each personality.

I always resonated with the Queen of Cups. It has been suggested by Linda Walters that the infj mbti type corresponds to the Queen of Cups.

http://www.lindagailwalters.com/Tarot-Court-Cards.html

She also says that the King of Pentacles corresponds to ESFJ, but i see the ESTJ as the King of Pentacles.

Personally, i think there is perhaps some kind of connection between the two. I think perhaps we all have a court card which represents our dominant archetype, and other court cards which represent other aspects of our personality. Perhaps each person could have 3 cards which describe the basic overarching energies or archetypes of their personality. Like one basic, and two supporting energies. But then again, 3 is just an arbitary number that i made up! Ive been using this 3 card system when doing tarot because it works for me.

I think there are cards that become more relevant at certain times in our lives. There are certain cards that i get over and over again, cards that resonate a major life experience, lesson or theme for me. For example, i get the high priestess, the sun, the moon, strength, eight of swords, eight of wands, ace of cups, queen of cups, king of wands, and the world a lot. There are certain cards that i never draw, or rarely draw. And i've noticed that this is the case when i do readings for other people as well. There are certain cards that keep coming up, certain cards that resonate, and certain cards that resonate with their overall archetype

There are also systems in which people can find their tarot birth card and tarot personality card, which is based on numerology and the Major Aracana.

Is there are Tarot court card that you resonate with? Do you think this relates to your mbti type?

Last edited:
what an interesting topic! thanks for that :D

i've always been fascinated by the hanged man...
http://www.learntarot.com/maj12.htm

the imagery has always resonated with me and upon reviewing the description i would say my mbti scarily relates... which would be infj/p... the part about letting go couldn't be any more true these days...

what an interesting topic! thanks for that :D

i've always been fascinated by the hanged man...
http://www.learntarot.com/maj12.htm

the imagery has always resonated with me and upon reviewing the description i would say my mbti scarily relates... which would be infj/p... the part about letting go couldn't be any more true these days...

How trippy! My best friend always gets the Hanged Man. Always loved that card, especially the way its interpreted in my DruidCraft deck. Its basic meaning in that deck is peace, understanding and patience. And the deeper message is- go deeper now, and let go of your striving. true freedom and independance is found through surrender.

I see it as a true 'artist' and 'teacher' card, makes me think of that phase which artists, musicians, poets, writers etc go through when they surrender to their intuition and the universe, let it carry them to beautiful worlds and understandings. And then they come back and relay that information in the form of art.

With the court cards, do you relate to the Queen of Cups or the Page/Princess of Cups as well?

Also, i see the hanged man as surrender to the 'wheel' or the 'wheel of fortune'

I used to get Death a lot last year, especially until I went to my Oneness Awakening weekend. After that, I don't get it often.

I get the High Priestess ALOT. I don't even think about it and bam! It pops up lol. I connect to it greatly. I get The Moon, The Star, The Sun, and the World often as well when I read for myself. I don't get minor arcana cards often, but when I do, its 6 of swords ( :p) or 4 of cups :p or 10 of pentacles. The card for this week, though is Strength...motivation anyone? Lol

As for reading for others, usually the cards that correspond with their astrology sign pop up. Oh cards, you so funny XD

I used to get Death a lot last year, especially until I went to my Oneness Awakening weekend. After that, I don't get it often.

I get the High Priestess ALOT. I don't even think about it and bam! It pops up lol. I connect to it greatly. I get The Moon, The Star, The Sun, and the World often as well when I read for myself. I don't get minor arcana cards often, but when I do, its 6 of swords ( :p) or 4 of cups :p or 10 of pentacles. The card for this week, though is Strength...motivation anyone? Lol

As for reading for others, usually the cards that correspond with their astrology sign pop up. Oh cards, you so funny XD

Death is such a beautiful card. Rebirth!!!

Thats interesting how you also get the High Priestess, Moon, Sun and the World often. The cards are so funny! I love them. Synchronicty in action

Death is such a beautiful card. Rebirth!!!

Thats interesting how you also get the High Priestess, Moon, Sun and the World often. The cards are so funny! I love them. Synchronicty in action
Here's some synchronicity for you:
I got a new deck of Angel Cards this past weekend, shuffled them up, and pulled a card for myself. I pulled the Strength card, which in this deck, features my principal guide (Archangel Ariel) riding on my main Spirit Animal (The Tiger). I almost started crying. :,)

Reactions: Quiet
How trippy! My best friend always gets the Hanged Man. Always loved that card, especially the way its interpreted in my DruidCraft deck. Its basic meaning in that deck is peace, understanding and patience. And the deeper message is- go deeper now, and let go of your striving. true freedom and independance is found through surrender.

I see it as a true 'artist' and 'teacher' card, makes me think of that phase which artists, musicians, poets, writers etc go through when they surrender to their intuition and the universe, let it carry them to beautiful worlds and understandings. And then they come back and relay that information in the form of art.

With the court cards, do you relate to the Queen of Cups or the Page/Princess of Cups as well?

Also, i see the hanged man as surrender to the 'wheel' or the 'wheel of fortune'

oh stop now [MENTION=4956]charlene[/MENTION] ... the druid craft is MY deck tooOOoOOOOo :m194: weeeeeeeird!!!

your second paragraph totally resonates with me too... incidentally, the hanged man rarely comes up in readings for me... it's more of an attraction to the image... but i do relate to the queen of cups... i would think that thats how people perceive me as that's how people have described me... but i don't tend to see myself that way... i see myself a bit... edgier... lol...

i haven't gotten a 'professional reading' in well over a year but either myself or [MENTION=5045]Skarekrow[/MENTION] will pull cards even now and again... he's really good at pulling cards *taking all the credit here* so consequently the lovers card kept popping up on like every reading :p

Reactions: jyrffw54
I don't understand much of Tarot. I scrolled down and saw a table that said King and Wands equated Fire with Fire, and said that would probably be ENTJ. Scrolled down a little more and it did turn out to be ENTJ.

What does King of Wands mean in Tarot.ism?

I don't understand much of Tarot. I scrolled down and saw a table that said King and Wands equated Fire with Fire, and said that would probably be ENTJ. Scrolled down a little more and it did turn out to be ENTJ.

What does King of Wands mean in Tarot.ism?
Natural born leader, goal-oriented, visionary,overcoming obstacles, opportunities. This card typically means that you're in charge of your situation.

If it's reversed, then you're putting far too much pressure on yourself, and could also be showing lack of humility.

1_The_Magician.jpg

Here is my selection from my Hermetic tarot deck.
(First one that came to mind)

Reactions: jyrffw54 and bionic
Natural born leader, goal-oriented, visionary,overcoming obstacles, opportunities. This card typically means that you're in charge of your situation.

If it's reversed, then you're putting far too much pressure on yourself, and could also be showing lack of humility.

...and let's not forget a male orientated card. It can mean a male in the individual's life that has all the key features as @Eirene said.

King of Wands is also a Sagittarius card as well.

----

I usually get Temperance (Sagittarius card) and Strength (8th card in some systems AND is more indicative of Enneagram 8, imo/ It's also a Leo card due to the lion).

I would never connect MBTI and Tarot. Both systems have inconsistent logic between them. I would say that they can definitely depict an individual's personality traits though during that time of the reading.

Like, I get High Priestess a lot for @Eirene which is a Pisces card. Yet, she is a Taurus and INFJ. I also got that card for my ex bff who was a Pisces and ESFP. So no, I don't think the MBTI matters at all. If anything, the tarot shows the context of what is occurring in the person's life. Depending on the context, it can directly link to their astrological sign and the astrological signs of people around them... but linking it to MBTI just seems frivolous. In my 5+ years of tarot practice, people's personality characteristics change depending on the circumstances they're facing. So to link certain MBTI types to that would just make more of a mess and not allow the individual to change their behaviors. Just seems futile to mix the two systems together.

Tarot & astrology is more direct since the symbolism of astrology is prominent in tarot.

Lately I'm a Queen of Swords. That seems to be my most consistent court card despite being an ENTJ.

Last edited:
1_The_Magician.jpg

Here is my selection from my Hermetic tarot deck.
(First one that came to mind)

OMG. I use the same deck! The cards are a bit filmsy so they have ripped a bit over time on me... I just tape them though LOL. How long have you taroted? and how long have you been using this deck?

OMG. I use the same deck! The cards are a bit filmsy so they have ripped a bit over time on me... I just tape them though LOL. How long have you taroted? and how long have you been using this deck?
It's a very cool and powerful deck!
It's been a couple of years now that I have had mine...although, it has been neglected as of lately (Alister Crowley would be disappointed...lol)
It's the main deck that I use. I also have the Deck of Eden which I use for more hmmm...lighthearted questions I guess.
Screen Shot 2013-07-08 at 2.19.34 PM.png

It's a very cool and powerful deck!
It's been a couple of years now that I have had mine...although, it has been neglected as of lately (Alister Crowley would be disappointed...lol)
It's the main deck that I use. I also have the Deck of Eden which I use for more hmmm...lighthearted questions I guess.
View attachment 18455

lol Man... I cannot stand Aleister, he was such a sociopath. But Idk, I think his Thoth deck is decent for a intermediate level... but that Hermetic is da bombs! I like the Deck of Eden, it has a medieval vibe to it :p

[MENTION=4459]Sensiko[/MENTION] It's funny that you guys get the Lovers card cause I totally think of a soulmate meeting when I think of you guys. Your energies just seem to vibe so easily together... it just makes sense yanno? Do you guys ever get the Lovers with the Two of Cups? This totally indicates a soulmate bond... pair it with an Ace of Cups and you got a triple threat of love!

I've always wanted to try tarot cards, but I have no clue about how you do it. Is it just shuffling a board and picking the cards from the top?

Its wonderful to see so many taroters here on the forum!

[MENTION=5601]vandyke[/MENTION],
I would suggest that you choose a deck based on the imagery, symbology, theme, values etc that you like and then just experiment with the cards. Draw a card and write down the first thing that comes to mind. Do this to all the cards until you get a feel for the meanings and the overall energy of you tarot deck.

And then try doing some of the really popular spreads with your cards like celtic cross, thought-emotion-manifestation. Details of these spreads will probably be included in a booklet with your deck or you can find lots of info online about different spreads.
With the actual cards- i like to cleanse them first with sage insence. Than i hold them for a while, and shuffle them while i think of my question. I ask my higher self to communicate to me via the cards. I say that i am completely open to hear the loving guidance. I ask for courage to make the highest decision for my highest self and all others around me. And then i deal the cards out from either the top of the deck, or the bottom , depending on what i intuitively feel at the time. Just hold your intent, and follow through, so synchronicty can flow through. There are many different ways to shuffle and deal, just do it the way that you want and feel comfortable and natural.

After you've experimented with established spreads you can make your own spreads, or just pull out random cards as you feel guided. There are so many fun ways to play with tarot! Just hold the intent in your mind and follow through to allow synchronicty to flow and show you what you need to see.

Whats really important to understand is that tarot is about you, to help you and whoever asks you for help that you want to help. Its not about any established system or rules. It can be but that takes the joy out of it and makes it a religious practices rather than a fun and empowering life/spiritual tool. Tarot can only ever help you to understand what you already know. All the information provided in the cards is gleaned from your subconscious through a process of synchronicty. Tarot does not predict the future! No one can do that. If you like the future outcome described by a reading, by all means keep working towards that goal. If you dislike the outcome, then change it, change your thoughts, beliefs anf behaviours so that you can create a new and better outcome. You are always in control, and its all about you! Tarot is not supposed to take power, control, or the future out of your hands, its literally a tool that can empower you to greater awareness of yourself and your surroundings, understanding and practical guidance to achieve your goals.

You can also talk to your guardian angels and spirit guides through tarot. Hope you have lots of fun. Theres tons of information online and in books and you're welcome to ask me questions too if you want.

Love and blessings to you

oh stop now [MENTION=4956]charlene[/MENTION] ... the druid craft is MY deck tooOOoOOOOo :m194: weeeeeeeird!!!

your second paragraph totally resonates with me too... incidentally, the hanged man rarely comes up in readings for me... it's more of an attraction to the image... but i do relate to the queen of cups... i would think that thats how people perceive me as that's how people have described me... but i don't tend to see myself that way... i see myself a bit... edgier... lol...

i haven't gotten a 'professional reading' in well over a year but either myself or [MENTION=5045]Skarekrow[/MENTION] will pull cards even now and again... he's really good at pulling cards *taking all the credit here* so consequently the lovers card kept popping up on like every reading :p

Lol i like to see myself as an edgy queen of cups too! I get the feeling we probably have similar energy and auras for some reason.

I really really love the DruidCraft. ive been into tarot for ages but some of the popular decks or the interpretations of the cards shit me. It took me a while to find a deck that resonated with me. The DruidCraft actually encompasses and reflects many of my own values and beliefs. I love the how the devil card has been interpreted. I relate and it makes sense. And i like the story about Ceridwen and Taliesin- what a beautiful decription of tarot and of life.

I've always wanted to try tarot cards, but I have no clue about how you do it. Is it just shuffling a board and picking the cards from the top?

Do you mean shuffling the deck of cards?

I find that each tarot reader has their own different method.

Personally, I like to shuffle the deck in my hands and do the bridge method to shuffle. Basically, I treat them as playing cards when shuffling. While I'm shuffling, I think about the person or the question I'm searching to be answered. This helps me bring their energy or the energy of the situation into the cards and channel. Then I usually shuffle three times and pull the cards out into a spread or just pull a couple of cards, depending on what I'm seeking.

Some people use tarot spreads: http://tarotreadingpsychic.com/category/tarot-spreads/. Some people just pull a couple of cards. Some like to cut the deck a couple of times and pull from there. It just depends on the preference of the person.

Lol i like to see myself as an edgy queen of cups too! I get the feeling we probably have similar energy and auras for some reason.

I really really love the DruidCraft. ive been into tarot for ages but some of the popular decks or the interpretations of the cards shit me. It took me a while to find a deck that resonated with me. The DruidCraft actually encompasses and reflects many of my own values and beliefs. I love the how the devil card has been interpreted. I relate and it makes sense. And i like the story about Ceridwen and Taliesin- what a beautiful decription of tarot and of life.

i bet we do have similar energies and auras :)

i also love the imagery... i've had this deck for a good 10 years now and i've never wanted another... and the cernunnos interpretation is good... i always link that card to my family... my surname literally translates to Satan and i had a long conversation with a pagan intuitive who said that certain families would be in charge of honoring a certain deity and that it wouldn't surprise him if my name harkened back to cernunnos... whether or not it's true, the connection has always stuck in my head :)

Draw a card and write down the first thing that comes to mind.
this is mostly how i read... i've long since lost the little booklet that came with it... more interpreting the imagery and going on intuition... not that i'm really any good :p

Reactions: jyrffw54