Synesthesia | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Synesthesia

I smell Poetic Justice's posts.

Is that wrong.

(It's probably not synesthesia if I'm scratching the monitor before I do so, though, huh.)

Poetic Justice does not respond kindly to being sniffed

Poetic Justice does not respond kindly to being sniffed

Be he DOES talk in third person when referencing himself, which is clearly a sign of mental instability all on its own.

I'm beginning to imagine you look something like this: :m169: But with more drool.

So lets say I don't feel like reading long winded post, because I've been entertaining a guest, can someone give it to me straight what this is?
This applies to smell as well?

So lets say I don't feel like reading long winded post, because I've been entertaining a guest, can someone give it to me straight what this is?
This applies to smell as well?

You have five senses: sight, hearing, touch, taste and smell. When you use any of these senses your brain has to give you an internal representation which best fits the context. some peoples senses are cross wired so they may see colours, hear sounds, tastes or whatever when they access certain pieces of information. there is lots of different ways this could happen. Watch the film for a better description. I've tried to keep this short

Like the house episode when they're treating the NASA girl who suddenly had her Audio appear as her Sight and visa versa.

are you sure thats not your synaesthesia? When you see a mirror you are unable to get the clolour grey.

are you sure thats not your synaesthesia? When you see a mirror you are unable to get the clolour grey.

Was that the loud gong sound I heard? The color gray? Cause for a second I thought it was the signal for dinner, but then I realized I wasn't in an Agatha Christie novel. Man, it sort of all makes sense when seen in context.

Or maybe smelt in context... I think I need an adult. :(

Was that the loud gong sound I heard? The color gray? Cause for a second I thought it was the signal for dinner, but then I realized I wasn't in an Agatha Christie novel. Man, it sort of all makes sense when seen in context.

Or maybe smelt in context... I think I need an adult. :(

Tha went way over my head. No idea what you mean by that

Tha went way over my head. No idea what you mean by that

I hate it when I have to deconstruct teh funneh...

So, there was insinuation that crossed wires translated the color gray into the sound of a gong. Since the only real gong sound I can think of in context is either The Gong Show - which as a Brit you are probably unfamiliar with - or a 1920's poshy family's signal for dinner, I went with that. Since the first 1920's poshy dinner gong sound I could think of was in mystery movies, I settled on the very recognizable Agatha Christie.

Then I folded in yet ANOTHER reference to crossed wires by taking a very common throw away phrase "seen in context" and implying that even THERE synesthesia was play - by then stating "smelt in context," thereby adding to the clever. Asking for an adult was a plea for help from someone who would be responsible and patient to explain all my made up cross wiring.

And that's how funny works! It's just that simple!

Oh. I have never seen the Gong Show and I don't know anything about Agatha Christie. Take comfort in the hope that other people may laugh at it.

I hate it when I have to deconstruct teh funneh...

don't worry, I got it.
c45.gif

Oh. I have never seen the Gong Show and I don't know anything about Agatha Christie. Take comfort in the hope that other people may laugh at it.

I dunno... surrounded by INFJ's I'm beginning to think my funneh is about as out of place as a pedicure on a monkey. Fortunately I'm an ENTP - I might feel self doubt over the thing. :m027:

I dunno... surrounded by INFJ's I'm beginning to think my funneh is about as out of place as a pedicure on a monkey. Fortunately I'm an ENTP - I might feel self doubt over the thing. :m027:

Are you implying INFJ's aren't funny. I consider myself to be nothing short of hilarious. Have you read my posts?

Are you implying INFJ's aren't funny. I consider myself to be nothing short of hilarious. Have you read my posts?

Actually, now that you mention it... all the INFJ's in my life have been the comedic version of Old Faithful. Much like the consistency of the world's most famous geyser, they generally have one absolutely gut-wrenching, over the top funny thing allocated to them per day. How they choose to use it is up to their discretion. Sometimes the surprise element alone adds +20 to teh funneh. But they general aren't machine-gun funny.

I enjoy toying with you. Is that the same as finding someone hilarious? :smile:

I enjoy letting you think you are toying with me

I enjoy letting you think you are toying with me

No, I enjoy letting YOU think I only think I'm toying with you.

When will we shed this silly mask of antagonism and just make love right on the forum floor!