Synesthesia | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Synesthesia

No, I enjoy letting YOU think I only think I'm toying with you.

When will we shed this silly mask of antagonism and just make love right on the forum floor!
Oh Goddess!! PM's please!!!
c37.gif

When will we shed this silly mask of antagonism and just make love right on the forum floor!

Soon I hope. Though I think "MankyCustard" may object to us using his/her thread in that way.

Oh Goddess!! PM's please!!!
c37.gif

I'm afraid we would already have to be embroiled in an ever accelerating dynamic of barely controlled lust propitiated by an outward show of disdain and superiority.

But rain check?

edit: Oh, wait - you meant TAKE it to PM's. Wow. I'm conceited. Darn my good looks and charm! This is what it's done to me!

Soon I hope. Though I think "MankyCustard" may object to us using his/her thread in that way.

It's cool. We can use couch cushions and blankets to make a fort. We'll be discreet.

Last edited:
Actually, now that you mention it... all the INFJ's in my life have been the comedic version of Old Faithful. Much like the consistency of the world's most famous geyser, they generally have one absolutely gut-wrenching, over the top funny thing allocated to them per day. How they choose to use it is up to their discretion. Sometimes the surprise element alone adds +20 to teh funneh. But they general aren't machine-gun funny.
I can be, especially when I'm liquored up.:bounce:

.....which I might do tonight....

It means Private Message.

Free translation: It has been suggested that You and AntoniaDodge should get a room.

I don't know if this is synesthesia or not, but when I listen music, and close my eyes I see it in colours. Usually colours are violet, green and everything between those two. When I've done this for a couple of minutes, and open my eyes I can see these colours all around the room, they are like colorful clouds which slowly spin around. Somethimes when I get absorbed in the colours room entirely disappears and I see only the colours spinning around, and filling my sight. I can wake myself up whenever I want to. It's pretty enjoyable. Anyone else had these kind of experiences?

oh, and when I smoke cannabis I see geometric patterns, spirales, figures yms. Instead of just colours. It can get very intense somethimes.

that's why I don't smoke it anymore (at least not alone):madgrin:

I don't know if this is synesthesia or not, but when I listen music, and close my eyes I see it in colours. Usually colours are violet, green and everything between those two. When I've done this for a couple of minutes, and open my eyes I can see these colours all around the room, they are like colorful clouds which slowly spin around. Somethimes when I get absorbed in the colours room entirely disappears and I see only the colours spinning around, and filling my sight. I can wake myself up whenever I want to. It's pretty enjoyable. Anyone else had these kind of experiences?

oh, and when I smoke cannabis I see geometric patterns, spirales, figures yms. Instead of just colours. It can get very intense somethimes.

that's why I don't smoke it anymore (at least not alone):madgrin:

Yes, I've experienced what you describe when meditating, including meditation using music.

The geometric/spiral/figure patterns you describe I have also experienced, most notably when I was prescribed codeine for migraine headaches. I found those visions terrifying, and stopped taking codeine because of them; however the pretty, swirling, evolving color landscapes I see when meditating have not been frightening.

A couple of years ago I started to draw what I see during meditation. My parents told me that most of what I was seeing were representations of various chakras.

Pretty interesting.

A couple of years ago I started to draw what I see during meditation. My parents told me that most of what I was seeing were representations of various chakras.

Pretty interesting.

I was told the same thing by my acupuncturist.

Yes, I've experienced what you describe when meditating, including meditation using music.

Here is a little theory I conceived yesterday:m027:
During meditation we shut ourselves from reality, and dive into subconscious.
Our sensing turns off and intuition begins to take it's place.
Consequently this abstract and colorful haze is produced by our intuition?
So we can experience our intuition in visual form while meditating :m083:
I'm not convinced about these chakra things.

Last edited:
In college, a number of friends and myself could describe various emotions and physical feelings based on colors, and we each understood exactly what the other meant. ie - I was cutting a toe nail, slipped, hit a nerze, and along with the pain I experienced a sharp, jagged (staticy?) "flash" of yellow. But I'm no Synesthete.

For some reason I associate certain MBTIs with certain colors. ISFP *has* to be yellow, although nothing ever happened that would make me associate ISFP with yellow. Also, I saw a random kid in the hallways at school, and for some reason I thought, "My name fits his appearance more than it does mine."

Also, I am attracted to people whose names have the letters A, B, L, M, N, P, R, and S. The more I try to convince myself this is coincidental, the more names I find that fit this pattern.

I am very visually oriented and have at times heard a song and had that song spur a mental image... for example, one song had me imagine hopping from tree to tree so fast that I was a blur on a moon-light night within a vast forest. When I heard the song again a year later the same mental image came to mind as if I'd really been there doing it.

I'm far from being a synesthete though.

And the others are on permanent drug trips? :wink:

I guess you could say that, could be a good thing or bad thing depending on how you look at it. I would like to assume the former is true :)

And the others are on permanent drug trips? :wink:
Actually, that could be quite possible.
LSD and mushrooms both act as 5-HT receptor agonists. Meaning, they attach themselves to the 5-HT(Serotonin) receptors and alter the signals they're receiving. They very well could have a chemical in their brain that is causing the synesthesia.

There's other chemistry going on with dopamine and such but that's the gist. :3

Here is a little theory I conceived yesterday:m027:
During meditation we shut ourselves from reality, and dive into subconscious.
Our sensing turns off and intuition begins to take it's place.
Consequently this abstract and colorful haze is produced by our intuition?
So we can experience our intuition in visual form while meditating :m083:
I'm not convinced about these chakra things.

You are exactly right. although this is different from synesthesia. Most of your subconscious processes work in images. We have 4 main states of mind and these are directly related to the frequncies of our brain waves. when we are experiencing "Theta" waves we have access to subconscious imagery.

Try this: Start meditating. Ask yourself a question and then start describing aloud the images you see. just describe the adjectives that you could say about the images, don't try and make a story of it. describe any changes that happen and do it as quickly as possible. Your subconscious will eventually give you a visual metaphor for the answer to your question. This is called image streaming and makes use of your subconscious's processing power and database and is much more reliable than working it out consciously.

Oh, and 25 hours of doing this increases you IQ by an average of 20 points

I don't know. I always associate numbers and letters with being either a masculine or feminine. Link 7 is defiantly feminine. D is defiantly masculine.