Sports you play/played and sports you're into? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Sports you play/played and sports you're into?

I enjoy watching college football, bout the only sport I watch consistently. I enjoy playing basketball and tennis. Back in high school the coaches begged me to play football but I did not enjoy how it made me feel and did not play long. The mixture of adrenaline and violence was not something I could control properly, they seemed to like the monster when it was unleashed but I did not like the side of myself that seemed to want to enjoy hurting people. Later in life I discovered it wasn't a joy of bringing pain, but the enjoyment of adrenal release. Now I appreciate the tactical and strategic element behind football, so observing that particular sport is something I look forward to every year.

ran cross country in high school. Now into weights.

I LOVE playing basketball. Maybe it's because I'm practically a basketball baby (mom & dad met each other at the local basketball club *aaaw*.

I grew up playing sports. Mainly baseball and basketball. Then during my teen years I did not play anything; hence i was very depressed. When I got to 20yrs old i started taking dance classes of all kinds and started working out heavily and I still continue to do so now. Being active helped deal with a lot of the stresses and depression I was feeling. Moving your energy around is such an important part of being physically healthy; i also affects the mind in positive ways. Nowadays I play street one wall handball heavily and lift weight heavily coupled with intense HIIT cardio training. My goal is to train like an athlete.

As a kid I liked to play baseball and basketball.
Don't care to watch any sports on TV though. I couldn't care less about football.

Last edited:
Then: Cross country/distance running
Now: Weightlifting, bodyweight, some cardio
Things i want to do again: Snow Skiing, Hiking/Backpacking
Things I'd like to try (but may or may not): rock climbing/repelling, martial arts

I love watching tennis, I used to play hockey and volleyball and I was also quite heavily into swimming. I only go to the gym now & swim occasionally.

I used to play basketball on Saturday mornings when I was in school. I was alright there and the other kids weren't crap either. Some were from school and some from other schools nearby.

But when we played the other teams a few times a year, it was bad. They were from some of the badder parts of the city and those kids were good at basketball. They destroyed us every game but one...and the team we beat you could tell wasn't their best. We beat one of the teams sometimes but the other two were too good.

Not really done much else. I go swimming. I should probably go running. I hate the gym but I'd do another sport maybe...

I don't really watch anything either. The Olympics was pretty good. I saw too much swimming but the athletics was good.

I've never liked football. My dad is a big Manchester United fan so I like it when they win but not to the point of actually caring. I don't really watch it unless I happen to be in the pub when it's on. Quite a bit it turns out, depending on who I'm with.

Oh, and I did Karate when I was a kid. From, like, 7-11. I was pretty good as it goes and it keeps you fit, too. I did swimming then as well, I remember. I sort of would like to do something like that again but I'm not sure what. I tried a Krav Maga lesson but wasn't keen on it. It was awkward to get to and too expensive as well. Also, it sucks getting hit. I remember that from the Karate days...

Last edited:
I played basketball, softball, baseball (yes, on a boys team...I was good :) ),volleyball, AND captain of the cheerleading team. It's funny...even though I was captain of the cheerleading team, I HATED cheerleading! My older sister was really into it so my mom thought that it would be good for me since I seemed to be into too many "boy" sports, so she signed me up. I became captain because my fellow cheerleaders voted for me to take that position. Still not sure why. I played the part but hated it so much. My sister has her two girls into it and every time she asks me to go to one of their competitions it's pure torture!

Now, I'm into exercising a lot. I want to join a baseball or softball team for adults around here but it's been hard to find an organization.

When I used to be a kid I played street soccer and basketball. . I used to ski, skate and roller-blade. When I got older I started playing Curling and did that for two winters. Still love to throw some rocks when I get a chance!!
Besides that, I used to do yoga almost daily when I dated one of me ex's... I've been on a bicycle forever, build two from scratch (and painted!).
Needless to say, bowling and beer go very well together.
Otherwise I am not a big fan of contact sports, would rather go ride a trail on a bike or go hiking...

I like to watch boxing, though I think it's stupid to actually practice it since it lowers your IQ almost by definition. I play soccer and badminton. I hate American football, and wish it was made illegal. I like to watch all the Olympic games but especially water ballet, although again I'd never practice it because I would hate to hold my breath underwater for so long. I wish badminton was on every day on TV. I like how quiet it is. Can't stand the noisiness of football, or the physical contact or that I can't see the players' faces. I need to connect emotionally with players over time to really enjoy watching a sport. I love pro basketball because you can see the players' faces and connect with them over time. I especially like to watch the psychotics like World Peace and Dennis Rodman but also the clever players like Steve Nash and Dirk Nowitzki and Rajon Rondo and Paul Pierce who have to use their brains to outwit the giant animal types like LeBron James, who's almost unstoppable on the physical level but who never pleases me when it comes to cleverness and who flops and whines way too much. I wish there was actual prison time for floppers.

I play Rounders, Badminton and I swim :D I'm also thinking of taking up gymnastics again

I watch with a passion Eurocup (European Football) and Hockey.. The only sports I pay attention to once in a year. Blackhawks is my favourite U.S. hockey team.. And I don't even know who are the players.

Pankration - essentially MMA and weapons training.

I used to play a bit of volleyball. I suck, but it's lots of fun! I used to do some indoor rock-climbing. When I was younger I enjoyed swimming, though I never did it as a sport, just more because I really liked to swim.

I do weights, bodybuilding (different approach than strength), tennis and recently strongman. Used to do hill cycling and badminton.

Now: yoga, hiking, stretching, light weights, elliptical, and something called PNF. I'm into solitary sports and dislike competitive sports. My goal is to get back to doing an hour a day of those combined activities. I'm up to a half hour. I had some health issues and had to start over at 5 minutes, then 10, and so on. So a half hour is pretty good considering where I started. I LOVE to swim but don't have a pool. They just built a YMCA where I live. I really don't like public pools but I might not be able to resist cause I love to swim so much.

In the past I played competitive basketball in school. Loved the game, hated the killer instinct in some people who have the need to win at any and all cost - not for me. Ran a little track. That was fun but I just don't like to compete. Plus I have a weak ankle from a childhood injury so I could never run competitively even if I wanted to. Also played tennis, softball, handball.

I LOVE sports but I have to be a player. It's hard for me to be a spectator. Every once in awhile I like to go to a baseball or hockey game.

Now: yoga, hiking, stretching, light weights, elliptical. I can be on the elliptical for a half an hour or 45 minutes comfortably. I also going weights and try to do yoga 2 or 3 times a week. Yoga really helps to relieve stress and for general health and well being. Played baseball as a kid but I didn't like it and wasn't good at it, typically stuck as a left fielder, where the ball was seldom hit. I wouldn't
mind playing again but not in a league that was hard core competitive. I like soccer to watch and I would like to play but I have never played and wouldn't want to be a league with adult players who have played their entire lives. I like to watch ice hockey and I would also like to play but I can't skate well enough, I would need to practice that, and again I wouldn't want to play in league with players who have played their entire lives.

I do like cycling ( and watching Tour de France) and that's something that I could do, over distances.

I have no interest in North American Football, motor sports, MMA. I can watch boxing. I have interest in watching the Olympics and other demonstrations of athletic ability. I would like to try Aikido or some other martial art if we could jettison the macho BS.

Cross-country and track in high school and before. My team was very good.
Now I run, but not competitively, and I run very slowly.
I also do weight training, cardio and yoga and other stuff - I like to mix it up so I don't get bored. I wish I could swim more often.
I also hike almost every day, at least for an hour, with my dogs.

Is eating ice cream a sport? I like that, too!

I used to practice martial arts and I loved it, but quit due to social anxiety. (- I had to do demos in class regularly.) My sensei and the black belts I met there still have a huge positive impact on my life.

I'm not really interested in team sports or competitive sports. I don't even really care that much about the teams I'm supposed to care about.

Reactions: rawr
My all time favorite sport is basketball. Sadly I don't play any more for a variety of reasons, such as my knees. I do have a mini hoop in my apartment that I play with regularly. I can shoot and dunk with ease. I know it might sound lame for me to have a mini hoop as an adult, but I could care less. I love it and it makes me happy. Plus when I feel restless and trapped in my place I can be a little active by playing with my mini hoop and get into like a zen state shooting. Swishing an outside shot just feels so satisfying. It's like instant positive feedback. I strive to stay in touch with my inner child as I age. This is one of the ways in which I do so. Hope I die before I get old. But I don't plan on ever being old. I want to be a youthful 80 year old. Maybe I will still have a mini hoop then. I hope so. That would be dope. I grew up with basketball. It is a part of me for better or for worse. It has taught me much about myself and life. Basketball is like an old friend who is always there for me. Now I am getting emotional. My mother says you should only love things that can love you back, as in people and animals. But I don't think there is anything really wrong with how I feel about this game. I still wish I had been a player in the NBA. That dream died many years ago. I blame my parent's genes. Now I have new dreams. But there is still a part of me that just wanted to be a bad ass baller. Such is life.