Sports you play/played and sports you're into? | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Sports you play/played and sports you're into?

Cross-country and track in high school and before. My team was very good.
Now I run, but not competitively, and I run very slowly.
I also do weight training, cardio and yoga and other stuff - I like to mix it up so I don't get bored. I wish I could swim more often.
I also hike almost every day, at least for an hour, with my dogs.

Is eating ice cream a sport? I like that, too!

I used to practice martial arts and I loved it, but quit due to social anxiety. (- I had to do demos in class regularly.) My sensei and the black belts I met there still have a huge positive impact on my life.

I'm not really interested in team sports or competitive sports. I don't even really care that much about the teams I'm supposed to care about.

Competitive eating is certainly a sport. But doing so with ice cream could result in epic brain freeze. Stick to hot dogs instead.

Now: I have two boys, so I am rediscovering my athletic self. I run 3 miles a day, practice taekwondo, occasionally tennis, baseball, soccer, skiing, swimming, actually anything except basketball which I have no talent or patience for. I also do yoga and will try just about anything with a racket that looks fun.

Then: I was a swimmer and a sprinter in school.

Spectator: I don't really understand the crazy sports fanaticism that grips people! I enjoy watching sports mainly because of physical talent, so I really love the olympics. I will watch hockey, tennis, gymnastics and ice skating. I will also watch the usual American sports in a group but am not really into them. I just like the snacks that go along with it!

Now: I have two boys, so I am rediscovering my athletic self. I run 3 miles a day, practice taekwondo, occasionally tennis, baseball, soccer, skiing, swimming, actually anything except basketball which I have no talent or patience for. I also do yoga and will try just about anything with a racket that looks fun.

Then: I was a swimmer and a sprinter in school.

Spectator: I don't really understand the crazy sports fanaticism that grips people! I enjoy watching sports mainly because of physical talent, so I really love the olympics. I will watch hockey, tennis, gymnastics and ice skating. I will also watch the usual American sports in a group but am not really into them. I just like the snacks that go along with it!

Are you like an infj jock? I thought that that was an oxymoron.

It seems like we could have one really good INFJ running team, or swimming team, or dojo.... or something.
(We'll find some way to include basketball. Instead of hurdles, you could shoot hoops while you run?)

Are you like an infj jock? I thought that that was an oxymoron.

I never thought of myself that way but perhaps I am. I have never been really comfortable on teams. It is all recreational, non competitive or individual. Why, you jealous? You could be an infj jock, too with your basketball mini hoop...

I never thought of myself that way but perhaps I am. I have never been really comfortable on teams. It is all recreational, non competitive or individual. Why, you jealous? You could be an infj jock, too with your basketball mini hoop...

I think your knees have aged better than mine have. I used to run cross country when I was 14 and did the 5K. Not anymore. Do you have any problems exercising? Some people can run marathons when they are 60. Yes, I am envious.

It seems like we could have one really good INFJ running team, or swimming team, or dojo.... or something.
(We'll find some way to include basketball. Instead of hurdles, you could shoot hoops while you run?)

When I win the lottery I will invite every infj I have met to an all expenses paid trip to Santa Monica for two weeks. We can hike in the mountains everyday together while discussing relationships and stuff. Then we can eat, drink, and be merry together every night. Walking on Palisades park which has a sea view is very chill and a perfect way to recharge and relax. One day this could happen. Let us all pray for good fortune. Amen. I think I am being completely serious. Is that so wrong?

My Father spent countless time teaching me to catch, hit, and throw a baseball the right way. I was above average and always hit in the 300s. People said I had a great arm, but my Father taught me where to catch the ball and where to hold the other hand; how to position the body, and how to predetermine where the ball was going to go before the pitch was thrown. I was his work of art. I miss him. He knew the game well.

My Father spent countless time teaching me to catch, hit, and throw a baseball the right way. I was above average and always hit in the 300s. People said I had a great arm, but my Father taught me where to catch the ball and where to hold the other hand; how to position the body, and how to predetermine where the ball was going to go before the pitch was thrown. I was his work of art. I miss him. He knew the game well.

Sometimes baseball seems like more than just a game. It possesses a zen element to it. I used to play catch with my Dad also. How American. Happy Father's Day.