the

Si master race.
Banned
Feb 17, 2009
MBTI
ISTJ
Enneagram
9w1
What are some things in society that are just obsolete and we should have resolved said issue and moved on?

inb4religionshowsup

Thinking of everything in black and white, one extreme or the other.

inb4religionshowsup
Aw //hugs

I think buying big huge trucks in North America as a compensation for something, or as a competition. We all know that its not only a big waste on gas, but it's irresponsible to both the overall fuel supply and the environment (regardless of the earth warming or cooling).

Next, making everything out of plastic. We know its not an inexhaustible resource anymore, and we can't even deal with the stuff we throw away of it.

Next, not allowing skilled workers with not-quiet-good-enough credentials not just take update programs to bring them up to our level, so they can work as they trained to be elsewhere.

I'll leave the social stuff to other people.

CDs may be on there way out.

Greed--You still have a very small % of the people who control a huge % of the world's wealth. This does all kinds of bad allowing these few to prosper while the masses struggle. That's fine in the jungle. I would have hoped we had evolved enough by now to understand that our strength as a species is when we work together. All it will take is one big asteroid (and it's coming eventually) and we'll be gone. A more enlightened society would be further along and could prevent this. We are too busy fighting over who has the most beans.

Violence--Our technology is actually fueling this. We sell sex and violence to our children at an early age. We sustain it by allowing a poor class of people who must live by the sword and gun. We were making progress on this at one time, we are now moving backwards I believe.

......oh yeah, and mohawks! who the hell said these were cool?!

bigotry

Hunting/Animal fighting ex: Bull fighting in Spain

Really is ridiculous how humans can kill for pleasure and entertainment. As if the life of another creature was a ''game''. Its an absurd idea.

City/town planning

Hunting/Animal fighting ex: Bull fighting in Spain

Really is ridiculous how humans can kill for pleasure and entertainment. As if the life of another creature was a ''game''. Its an absurd idea.

animal fighting may not be appropriate, but hunting is still a valid way to gather resources.

speaking of sex, western society should be comfortable with this idea by now, and yet its still taboo and touchy subject. "the big talk" is still a big deal when it shouldn't be, other societies aren't as uncomfortable with it as we are. if anything, not talking about it can only encourage future generations to be uncomfortable about it too.

i feel the same way with drinking age at 21, straight crap.

animal fighting may not be appropriate, but hunting is still a valid way to gather resources.

Let me clarify that, ''gaming''. When others do not have any need of killing the animal other than for their enjoyment and attempt to declare their superiority.

There's a story by Mark Twain about how human beings can at below the intelligence of many animals. In there he states that the cobra, eats its prey quickly, without inflicting pain. They eat enough to get by. Humans on the other hand seem to at times enjoy this 'suffering.

Peer pressure. It arises in every single generation.
Sheep mentality. People now have the resources to educate themselves and seek knowledge and form their own opinion.
Xenophobia.
Ignorance.
Intolerance.

The "N" word.

???? What do you mean? We should have moved beyond planning out our cities?

Mostly that we should know how to make better ones by now. We have cars and computers, but we are still building wood huts in endless sprawls.

Reactions: Questingpoet
Racism. That's pretty self-explanatory.

Drunk-driving. Everyone knows this is stupid, yet it continues to occur and take lives.

Discrimination in the court system, especially based on gender (to which any man who has tried to gain custody of his children via the American judicial system can attest).

Discrimination in the workplace. It's illegal, yet it still happens all the time.

Celebrity worship.

Reactions: Questingpoet

I liked mohawks but now that I see 5 year olds running around with them they have lost their charm.