Social Experiment. Perception of Quran vs. Bible | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

Social Experiment. Perception of Quran vs. Bible

This thread was going to go that direction from the beginning because Islam apologists can't seem to defend Islam without pointing the fingers at some other religion to justify Islam. Why can't Islam apologists use Islam to defend Islam? I am not a Christian apologist or a religious apologist so I'm not defending anything. I was merely pointing out that it was interesting how this video was done. It was either dishonest or ignorant about both religions IMO. I think it's more of a western mindset that is acting like it's a traumatized abuse victim. It's a form of denial and disbelief about a situation that I normally see with people who have been abused. We make Islam out to be the victim, and the talk is deflected onto something else, someone else, anything else. We walk on eggshells, we don't print mocking cartoons, make fun of or say anything that might offend because we are afraid of the consequences. Just like an abuse victim tiptoes around his/her abuser. Unreal.

I think it's disturbing that no one can talk about Islam. No one wants to know about Islam. People are desperate to talk about Christianity, policy, anything instead of Islam, desperate to believe that makes sense, but you can't use another religion to get the true nature of Islam or even determine what will happen in the future with Islam. 25% of the Koran speaks about jihad. 68% of the Sira speaks about jihad. Yes, that was 68%. 21% of the Hadith speaks about Jihad. It's not a surprise that there are extremists when you have that much you have to ignore. There are fundamentalists in every religion but there are going to me more violent fundamentalists when you have more violence mentioned in a specific religion. We can keep talking about Christianity I guess, I just think that Islam itself is bad for Muslims and non-Muslims and when I see an Islam apologist using another religion or belief to justify Islam I say something. I don't know, maybe if we keep pretending that Islam is a twin of Christianity it will come true, since that seems to be what everyone wants.

First of all what was written in the Bible or the Quran is not the complete history of that religion is it?
So, to judge the religion solely on their written word alone without considering the actual history of what that religion has done or not done is silly at best.

I believe I just made myself very clear on my stance regarding the whole thing in my last post to Flavus. ^^^
Not going to argue with you about stupid shit anymore.

Reactions: CindyLou
I'm not trying to argue. I was just talking, sorry if I made you feel frustrated.
It just seems that these threads devolve very fast into a bunch of people being hypercritical of the Muslim religion, which is fine if that is what you want to do...but don't point fingers unless you are prepared to have them pointed back at you.
The whole thing seems quite hypocritical to infer that I'm a "Muslim apologist", and then to outright deny or make excuses for your own religion...which if someone even brings up the actual history...people get all butt hurt about it.
History repeats itself so it would be ideal for us to look at these "unacceptable" practices that once took place and not get offended that they exist, but learn from the mistakes instead.

Speaking of apologists, I'm pretty sure that Christians literally invented the practice.

It just seems that these threads devolve very fast into a bunch of people being hypercritical of the Muslim religion, which is fine if that is what you want to do...but don't point fingers unless you are prepared to have them pointed back at you.
The whole thing seems quite hypocritical to infer that I'm a "Muslim apologist", and then to outright deny or make excuses for your own religion...which if someone even brings up the actual history...people get all butt hurt about it.
History repeats itself so it would be ideal for us to look at these "unacceptable" practices that once took place and not get offended that they exist, but learn from the mistakes instead.

My religion? I don't have a religion.

Speaking of apologists, I'm pretty sure that Christians literally invented the practice.

The Catholic Church is well known for making apologies or excuses for crimes that it had previously committed several centuries ago, perhaps even as many as a few decades. Pope John Paul is a good example. The current Pope prefers to appeal to the left-wing of society because they are naturally the most likely political swing to have a significant number of naive voters (adding to some of their own regressive University campus intolerance and being defenders of particular religious doctrines and making excuses for their crimes).

Consider the current Pope Francis of Argentina (a country that often deals with Nationalist issues): one of his key speech points in US Congress (A Pope being invited to lecture the biggest house of Representatives of a Republic is beyond ironic) was to ensure that everyone welcome all immigrants into the United States (even if said immigrant may be a sleeper cell agent working for an Jihadist cult). This contrasts rather bluntly with the role of the Catholic Church during the temporary power of the Third Reich. Hitler had said several times that he was doing 'God's work' with the attempted extermination of the Jews, which of course was required to be remained loyal to by oath which started with the statement "I swear by Almighty God...". And one has to remember the historical antipathy between Jews and Christians prior to and during the reign of Adolf Hitler.

Last edited:
Lol, did it include pointing fingers and saying "But they started it"

Pretty sure that's what happened, to put it bluntly. Christians were persecuted and defense of the faith became formalized but it kind of never stopped after that. To this day there are entire books and even classes and studies dedicated to Christian apologetics.

Personally I find it a bit strange to practice and teach defensive argumentation. It gets done to a point where they study typical questions and come up with canned defenses in advance. People actually do this!

I have found people that have not studied something pretty heavily have no idea what they are murmuring about.

bdce32a283365f49a51c6b26d376b705.jpg

dreamstime_xl_54999264.jpg

Last edited:
I have found people that have not studied something pretty heavily have no idea what they are murmuring about.

What are you murmuring about now?

Reactions: Free
My religion? I don't have a religion.

I’m speaking not just of you but mostly of those on this thread who have taken it upon themselves to expand upon things I never said and infer things about me that aren’t true based upon the stories I share.
Sorry if you don’t have a religion and I made the inference.

With pointless babble like this, I don't expect you to be in the 'arena' that Roosevelt speaks of. That's reserved for people trying to protect your rights to worship something that doesn't exist.

Last edited:
Reactions: Free

Ive studied religion on my own enough to the point where I should probably have a doctorate in it. The only thing is that it wasnt "guided" study. I didnt look at what I was told to look at and my research went where I decided.
As an example, did you know that a christ figure had been talked about 2000 years previous to the recording of the christ in the bible by the Ancient Sumamarians. The resemblance is uncanny. Its likely this figure is where the christ figure originated from. Someone took a very old story and rehashed it.

Reactions: Sriracha
Let's be honest - the Torah and the Quran are pretty similar.

It's funny to see someone claim they're qualified for a doctorate and misspell 'Sumerians' at the same time.

With pointless babble like this, I don't expect you to be in the 'arena' that Roosevelt speaks of. That's reserved for people trying to protect your rights to worship something that doesn't exist.

Pointless babble? I'm hearing a lot of that lately...

He who knows, and knows not that he knows, is asleep - wake him.He who knows, and knows that he knows, is a wise man - follow him.He who knows not and knows not that he knows not, is a fool ... shun him. He who knows not and knows that he knows not, is ignorant ... teach him.

tumblr_inline_n9ucxiVotf1siwu20.jpg

social-engineering.png