SmartPhone Preference. | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

SmartPhone Preference.

6s. I survived for as long as I could with a Samsung stratosphere. When it was not able to decipher about 50% of received texts, I finally gave up. I do love the 6s camera, particularly the live photo feature. For those who've never seen it, it takes a small burst which provides you with a 1-2 second video clip that gives some context to each picture you take.

Motorola Razr was the coolest phone.

We've declined since then.

Phones used to be silver. That was the future, not whatever this is.

Reactions: April and Ren
On the contrary, I love smartphones, way better than the Razr... Even if you had a Razr back in the day... You were rich to me. :p what do I know I was only like 19... I think. Lol.
@Deleted member 16771 we finally disagree on something! Lol we probably have before but this is the first time I have noticed.

*makes thread*
*complains about how dumb it is the entire time*

:thinkinghard:

I have an iPhone 8 Plus, and it's my favorite smartphone I've ever owned. Long battery life, simple design (the apex of the traditional iPhone evolution), great specs. I'm glad I chose it over the X.

Reactions: Wyote
Got an iPhone SE - it does the Apple thing just fine for the features I actually use and it fits in my pocket OK which the later ones don't.

Why have I enjoyed this bit of Ni-baiting? But I have :bigsmile:

This any use to anyone as a random thread generator?
https://www.conversationstarters.com/generator.php

I've had an iPhone 7 (or 7+? does that exist?) for 5 months or something.

I'm really happy with it, it's much better than the 4S I had before. Don't know what else to say though, I have inferior Se.

There was a time where owning anything other than a Blackberry made no sense to me. Those times are long over largely due to the failures that the company realized. Some notable mentions in order of appearance would be Blackberry 9900, Motorola Moto X, Samsung Nexus i9250, Sony Xperia XA1, Huawei P10, Motorola Xplay, Moto Z, and I'll throw in iPhone 6s plus in there because I didn't mind using the iPhone as much as I thought I would.

I didn't list any Samsungs because I find them ugly, full of bloatware and overall not satisfying of an experience. But I have owned a few of them. The new line of them are ugly af, but that's my opinion.

For solid close-to-stock android phones look into Motorola's line up or Huawei p10, or p20 Pro.

Currently, I use an iPhone 6s, it was what was laying around my shop and cost me nothing and it works in its suffocatingly simple way.

Reactions: flower and April
My first cellphone was one of those little indestructible Nokia 3210s that everybody had at one time. As a mobile telephone, it was excellent. But it held no special appeal to me since I've never been much of a phone talker.

Following that, I went through a succession of forgettable, crappy flip phones, slide phones, and the only BlackBerry I ever owned, the atrocious Storm (which I traded in as soon as human possible). Been using iPhones exclusively since the 4. Generally speaking I have very few complaints about them. They're easy to use and can do pretty much anything required.

The foremost utility of a smartphone for me is all the time and space saved by integrating multiple tasks onto just one device. No need anymore to carry a watch, a digital music player, a camera, laptop/tablet, flashlight, etc etc etc. Best of all, no need to fumble around with maps when I'm trying to navigate in my car. Smartphones aren't perfect, and modern people are almost certainly too reliant on them, but to me they're worth it for how much they simplify things.

See? I'm delighting in this talk about phones. It's interesting to see what everyone uses. Good job @Chris Clarke

@Wyote it might be just me, but I think he refers to how dumb everyone else is for dogging him about it. ;)

My first cellphone was one of those little indestructible Nokia 3210s that everybody had at one time. As a mobile telephone, it was excellent. But it held no special appeal to me since I've never been much of a phone talker.

Following that, I went through a succession of forgettable, crappy flip phones, slide phones, and the only BlackBerry I ever owned, the atrocious Storm (which I traded in as soon as human possible). Been using iPhones exclusively since the 4. Generally speaking I have very few complaints about them. They're easy to use and can do pretty much anything required.

The foremost utility of a smartphone for me is all the time and space saved by integrating multiple tasks onto just one device. No need anymore to carry a watch, a digital music player, a camera, laptop/tablet, flashlight, etc etc etc. Best of all, no need to fumble around with maps when I'm trying to navigate in my car. Smartphones aren't perfect, and modern people are almost certainly too reliant on them, but to me they're worth it for how much they simplify things.

Lol, my first touch screen was a slide phone. A Venus. It was hot pink and I thought I was the shit.

@Wyote it might need just me, but I think he refers to how dumb everyone else is for dogging him about it. ;)

It's more that it's just a sort of keeping up with the jones's topic, which lacks any sense of humility.

Does anyone actually care who has what kind of phone other than to place themselves into some sort of hierarchy? No.

It's humorous to poke fun at.

It's more that it's just a sort of keeping up with the jones's topic, which lacks any sense of humility.

Does anyone actually care who has what kind of phone other than to place themselves into some sort of hierarchy? No.

My interest is purely because I love tech stuff. But.. I don't know that much about it so it is very interesting to see people say things and opinions.

There. Non hierarchical interest. :tearsofjoy:
giphy.gif

There are only hierarchies with this sort of thing where people artificially create them. This isn't a caste system where only the wealthiest can afford the best phones while everyday folks are relegated to LG NVs or something. Modern phone elitism is akin to car brand rivalries and cola wars, i.e. it's dumb and people who obsess over it are dumb. There's not enough difference in performance or features to warrant reasonable disagreement. It's mostly preference and habit.

Now, to that point I am always interested in hearing if there are specific reasons why people prefer one model over another when superficially they seem very similar.

Reactions: April and Wyote
Reactions: April