SmartPhone Preference. | Page 5 | INFJ Forum

SmartPhone Preference.

The only thing I'd say is, Google pixels are objectively crap. The google pixel 2 is too new to tell how bad it is, but the google pixel one was a pile of crap, and I'm surprised when I see someone still using one, and not waiting for weeks or months at a time for a replacement.

+1

I'm actually highly considering switching to an Apple phone after years of woes with Android phones.

I own a Google Pixel now, and it's a piece of shit. A large number of updates I've had have broken an essential function I've used. Right now, the audio from the "Phone" app will randomly stop working (super convenient mid-call). I have to reinstall the app to get it to work again. Factory reset does nothing to fix my issues... they are all related to fucking buggy-as-shit updates. The camera also occasionally fails to take photos, and there's a large delay for the software to kick in when I hit the volume up or down button, despite everything else performing at a decent speed. There are also issues with the unlock screen that I can't even explain, because what's happening is bizarre enough I'm not sure the English language even has words for it.

The fantastic part is many other people with this phone have the same issues I do, and no one really has any good solutions! Fuck me.

As a software developer, I understand that it's incredibly difficult to get software to work consistently on many different platforms/configs, but that's why I would never sign up do that shit.

I'm actually highly considering switching to an Apple phone after years of woes with Android phones.

Do iiitttttt. I switched from a Galaxy S5 to Apple a couple years ago and it was a good decision.

+1

I own a Google Pixel now, and it's a piece of shit. A large number of updates I've had have broken an essential function I've used. Right now, the audio from the "Phone" app will randomly stop working (super convenient mid-call). I have to reinstall the app to get it to work again. Factory reset does nothing to fix my issues... they are all related to fucking buggy-as-shit updates. The camera also occasionally fails to take photos, and there's a large delay for the software to kick in when I hit the volume up or down button, despite everything else performing at a decent speed. There are also issues with the unlock screen that I can't even explain, because what's happening is bizarre enough I'm not sure the English language even has words for it.

The fantastic part is many other people with this phone have the same issues I do, and no one really has any good solutions! Fuck me.

As a software developer, I understand that it's incredibly difficult to get software to work consistently on many different platforms/configs, but that's why I would never sign up do that shit.

Google Pixel also with the same sentiment as @noisebloom but it actually is very useful regardless. Those of you who have had the misfortune of seeing how I type on it will know the woes.
However I love it despite the crappy interface because of Project Fi's ability to support mobile data and tethering in Europe where I have family and need the services. The camera is good too for picture-taking as I found out by accident.

As a smart phone, however, it certainly sucks quite badly.

Reactions: Lady Jolanda
Please don't laugh if I say that I'm still using Samsung Galaxy S3. :m037: It still works and gets the job done. It can be painfully slow at times though (like not have been thinking about throwing it out of the window! lol joking).

I've used mostly Samsung and before that... Nokia of course. :happy: I want try Apple in the future.

Reactions: Wyote