Show mbti, feelings, emotions, whatever you wish: with trees and parts | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Show mbti, feelings, emotions, whatever you wish: with trees and parts

Home
image-1_zps5a2aa5bf.jpg

I hiked out into the woods north of me along the Neches River to see a tree like this one. The Cypress tree is quite common down here. I was amazed at all of the "knees" surrounding the big old tree. The Cypress tree allows it's roots to form up above the surface of the usual water level so it can breathe. The old timers called them knees.

hunter-035jpg-8142388e25ea97b8.jpg
[MENTION=4423]Sriracha[/MENTION]

Those short wood looking things poking up from the ground are the roots of the Cypress tree. Cypress trees quite often grow in areas that flood with water for a while or they'll actually grow in shallow water in bayous or lakes. In order to get oxygen to the tree the roots will grow a portion of themselves up above the water line.

What do you guys think of this one? That's a helluva root system.

6324751174_d54f948882_z.jpg

[MENTION=2578]Kgal[/MENTION] Thanks for the more detailed description. I find it fascinating!

Wow.... How would you classify this pic [MENTION=680]just me[/MENTION]? The pic was taken in Zion National Park. Supposed to be a Ponderosa Pine. I'd say there are as much root as tree....maybe more.

USNP-00075.jpg

35b9urk.jpg

Bends the rules a little but it's a necessary part of the expression.

INFJ slowly taking in something new; pondering and making time and room for it when fully researched and thought out.

Reactions: Lemonworld
What? A stick figure?

:lol:
[MENTION=2578]Kgal[/MENTION] No! I call them cypress knees, making me an old "heart" (excuse my choice of letters).....expressed by a tree, of course............................... [MENTION=6917]sprinkles[/MENTION] No foul. Forgiving, lax rules (if any).

Wow.... How would you classify this pic @just me? The pic was taken in Zion National Park. Supposed to be a Ponderosa Pine. I'd say there are as much root as tree....maybe more.

USNP-00075.jpg
That makes it somewhat of a test. I'll ponder it overnight, and return the favor with a tree for you.

First I think of Luke 8:6, where some seeds fell on a rock and withered away; but, this actually grew.....possibly on rocks. Looks as if it is in a washout or ravine, telling me it may very well be losing its place.'ll be bsck...

First I think of Luke 8:6, where some seeds fell on a rock and withered away; but, this actually grew.....possibly on rocks. Looks as if it is in a washout or ravine, telling me it may very well be losing its place.'ll be bsck...

That reminds me of L'Arbre du Ténéré
14ik6ti.jpg

It was the most isolated tree on earth. It was in the Sahara desert and was the only tree for 250 miles around. Its roots went down more than 100 feet just to reach water.

It was a landmark for caravan routes, and was hit by a truck in 1973 and then died.

That reminds me of L'Arbre du Ténéré
14ik6ti.jpg

It was the most isolated tree on earth. It was in the Sahara desert and was the only tree for 250 miles around. Its roots went down more than 100 feet just to reach water.

It was a landmark for caravan routes, and was hit by a truck in 1973 and then died.

How do you hit the only thing sticking out of the ground for 250 miles?

[MENTION=6917]sprinkles[/MENTION]

So are you suggesting that the tree represents an INFJ, with long roots reaching into the deep well of a rich inner life. On the surface, it stands alone and solitary in a desolate sea of sand, oblivious to the common man as he drives drunkenly headlong into it as if it weren't there at all?

@sprinkles

So are you suggesting that the tree represents an INFJ, with long roots reaching into the deep well of a rich inner life. On the surface, it stands alone and solitary in a desolate sea of sand, oblivious to the common man as he drives drunkenly headlong into it as if it weren't there at all?
interesting

That makes it somewhat of a test. I'll ponder it overnight, and return the favor with a tree for you.
OK. I think it looks like an older, weathered tree sliding slowly up a mountainside on an adventure or looking for a new home. It has run into an obstacle. Now it will remain there forever trying to rationalize how to get its large roots through the tiny space ahead. :m179: Of course, I have already figured out how to help. Now I'm off looking through the swamp for one you can explain, [MENTION=2578]Kgal[/MENTION] . Bet nobody thought of it as going uphill!

Last edited: