severe reaction to caffeine / stimulants? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

severe reaction to caffeine / stimulants?

I didn't have anything else in my system! I had been getting about 6-8 hours of sleep every night, with a pretty regular sleep cycle. I don't believe I am hyper-sensitive to light (not sure exactly what that would entail) and I did get some natural sunlight. I also take Vitamin D daily because of deficiency issues I have had my entire life but that had finally gotten to healthy levels in the past couple of months.

the hallucinations were minor (like they didn't effect my driving ability): the white lines were "swerving and swimming", one of the other cars around me was hovering above the ground, cars were moving sideways when they really were not, I was hearing sirens passing me that were not existent, I was hearing music that wasn't playing. I do not know if "cognitive impairment" was the correct term, I just did not feel fully functioning in a mental capacity.

you seem to be doing everything right from what i'm hearing (not a doctor) ...

have you similar hallucinations before? do you have a "logical" explanation for them - like you were so tired that you were seeing things that weren't there, that your brain might've been understimulated, etc.?

I was on SSRIs and antidepressants and mood stabilizers etc etc. for 8 years from age 11-19 (involuntarily and against my will; also improperly medicated for things I didn't even have) and after coming off them I have become super sensitive to stimulants and downers of the OTC and everyday life items variety.

that's terrible! giving mood stabilizers and antidepressants to children that young just isn't okay. i'm sorry to hear that.