Series of Chaotic Events. | INFJ Forum

Series of Chaotic Events.

Sep 20, 2009
MBTI
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
This might seem a bit odd, but ever since the start of the year I been getting very odd vibes on the current state of the world, I just did not feel comfortable, I saw the common of the year and right away my thought of process start picking up weird signals. After the Haiti Earthquake I was convinced that such odd vibes were telling me this. After this I been observing the news carefully and have noticed various amounts of unfortunate events, yes I am aware that such catastrophes have always happened throughout history, but I do not consider this to be normal and I have a feeling of what is to come will be a great test of human strength and unity. For example the Haiti Earthquake this year, followed by this new Chile 8.8 earthquake. That was a time span of 1 month, yes only one. Though Earthquake on Japan are quite common hours before the Chile it was struck by a 7.0 earthquake on one of it islands..coincidence? perhaps but I feel as if this events will get more common and common and I do not really know how to describe this, I feel the main reason is because humanity is completely turning away from its spiritual side, and I do not mean religious, there are plenty who attend religious services for the sake of just going there and saving their souls, I mean all sort of values, love and compassion, I feel as if everything were to be getting colder and everything just seems so distant and obscure, people do not take the time to introspect anymore, all sort of spiritual activities are being lost and well everyone just lives a busy lifestyle..I don't know..maybe I am exxagerating..but I been pondering about this the whole day.

It doesn't sound odd to me. It is scary that there are so many natural disasters lately. Some people are naturally more sensitive. I don't know that I would up and join a religion just to join one, but I also think that more thought on spirituality certainly wouldn't go amiss in this oft-times cruel world.

I thought Chile had an 8.8?

Even though it is chaotic, it is a natural order of things for the earth to change its formations via earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, tsunamis...makes us realize that we do not own or control the earth as we like to believe. We are just guests.

Reactions: acd
Even though it is chaotic, it is a natural order of things for the earth to change its formations via earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, tsunamis...makes us realize that we do not own or control the earth as we like to believe. We are just guests.

We are indeed just guests, I believe the Earth's natural cycle is trying to teach humanity a lesson. Humans have always had the instinct to think they can control anything between their power, they have always had such need to fulfill their selfish and ambitious purposes.

We are indeed just guests, I believe the Earth's natural cycle is trying to teach humanity a lesson. Humans have always had the instinct to think they can control anything between their power, they have always had such need to fulfill their selfish and ambitious purposes.

Agreed. Just pray and hope that we don't go extinct in the process...

it is a very strange thing because we think we are in control of the world but we are not. it is the same in our life because things happen when we least expecting them and we do not expect them to happen. but we can go ahead and live our lives as best we can when we are in a place where bad thing happen.

Reactions: Moxie
it is a very strange thing because we think we are in control of the world but we are not. it is the same in our life because things happen when we least expecting them and we do not expect them to happen. but we can go ahead and live our lives as best we can when we are in a place where bad thing happen.

I agree. This reminds me of the debate on free will vs. destiny. I happen to think we use both in our lives.

Of course we can control earthquakes, tsunamis, volcanoes. We haven't exercised our full potential yet, partly because of inefficient organization, partly because of energy development lag, which again follows from the former.

had the same feelings, was thinking about that last week, though mine I hadn't pinpointed to as many specific events as you did Raccoon.
good post, thanks.

reminds me of a while back when we were hit here in florida by four or five hurricanes back to back. I basicly lived in a my middle school for a solid three weeks.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnAIld9Chrg"]YouTube- Falconer - Stand in Veneration[/ame]

Wouldn't it be great if someone were able to figure out not only how to predict earthquakes and tsunamis, but how to harness their tremendous energy, as well? This has to be an incredible amount of energy when you think that tsunamis are waves of seismological origin that propagate thousands of miles across the ocean at the speed of jet planes.

Wouldn't it be great if someone were able to figure out not only how to predict earthquakes and tsunamis, but how to harness their tremendous energy, as well? This has to be an incredible amount of energy when you think that tsunamis are waves of seismological origin that propagate thousands of miles across the ocean at the speed of jet planes.
I'm certain SOMEONE out there is working on it. Actually, I remember seeing a Discovery Channel show where they talked about that idea.

That would be fantastic.
It would be so interesting to travel forward in time a couple hundred years and (hopefully) see how humanity's evolved to harnessing the energy that is yielded naturally rather than exploiting the planet.

Last edited:
Every time I read somebody post about quasi-psychic sensitivities here, I never believe it. I just doubt. Er... well actually almost always. There is a somewhat psychic person that I have some level of belief in. But it's always shaded with doubt! Actually, scratch that. I actually believe such person quite a bit. Well the last 6 sentences have been an absolute hot mess.

With regard to humanity in general's values going to shit, I have not much faith in the "average" person. The older I get, the less faith I actually have in others. It's like every year of my life will have eye-opening events where I was deeply disappointed. My little sister really surprised me. Forum people's reaction to the drama was surprisingly not evenhanded and not well reasoned. Corporate politics are just so sickening and telling of the nature of man's heart. I see it in the trolls. I see it in the griefers in WoW. The longer I live, the less and less respect I have for what people are capable of. It sucks, it really does. I'd like to think that as a civilization we'll evolve, and I'll do what I can, but every shred of intuition in me is telling me that we will implode. Yes, we have a few gems, and I love them and constantly think to myself how beautiful they are.... but it's just not enough. Or will it? We abolished slavery somehow. We're religiously tolerant and multicultural. Who knows. Maybe, just maybe.

Last edited:
Every time I read somebody post about quasi-psychic sensitivities here, I never believe it. I just doubt. Er... well actually almost always. There is a somewhat psychic person that I have some level of belief in. But it's always shaded with doubt!

With regard to humanity in general's values going to shit, I have not much faith in the "average" person. The older I get, the less faith I actually have in others. It's like every year of my life will have eye-opening events where I was deeply disappointed. My little sister really surprised me. Forum people's reaction to the drama was surprisingly not evenhanded and not well reasoned. Corporate politics are just so sickening and telling of the nature of man's heart. I see it in the trolls. I see it in the griefers in WoW. The longer I live, the less and less respect I have for what people are capable of. It sucks, it really does. I'd like to think that as a civilization we'll evolve, and I'll do what I can, but every shred of intuition in me is telling me that we will implode. Yes, we have a few gems, and I love them and constantly think to myself how beautiful they are.... but it's just not enough.

I am sorry your feeling this way Pierce, trust me I been loosing more and more faith in this world, to the point well that I am avoiding people in general, not that I have always not done this, it just really frustrates me seeing humanity in such state, oblivious to what is actually happening and well ultimately destroying themselves, I just wish others will notice this..

though remain strong, I do believe there is always hope no matter how scarce :hug:

lol. i had a strong original post. then i just kept challenging myself and edited it out to the hot self-doubting mess the post is now. welcome to pierce's thought process

I don't reckon nature is consciously trying to punish humanity. To think that would personify or rather 'dei-fy' nature and then you might well be saying 'God is punishing humans with all the tsunamis and earthquakes' etc.

Rather, the calamities of nature and the geographical strife that emerge and subsequently affect humans are simply continuing as they always have done. Man is getting stung more and more because man's encroachment is always increasing be it in terms of population or direct interference (like the soviets re-routing waters from the Aral sea which resulted in practical desertification.)