Scottish Independence | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Scottish Independence

40 reasons to support Scottish independence - reasons 1-3

[MENTION=1871]muir[/MENTION]
The first three of forty reasons to support Scottish independence - geography, numbers, and sociology...
http://www.opendemocracy.net/ourkin...s-to-support-scottish-independence-reasons-13

4 - 6
http://www.opendemocracy.net/ourkin...ndependence-46-westminster-britain-and-better

7 - 8
http://www.opendemocracy.net/ourkin...ndependence-reasons-7-8-interdependence-and-f

9 - 10 - 11
http://www.opendemocracy.net/ourkin...ndependence-9-10-11-west-lothian-question-pro

I will post more when they are written...this is all the author has put out yet....which is kind of funny...(maybe you should check to make sure you can write all 40 before titling your paper as such...lol)

Reactions: muir
I don't know how familiar people are with the crypto-currency 'bitcoin' but basically the concept is expanding into national currencies for example in iceland people are using 'auroracoin' to get around government imposed capital controls

A scot has created 'scotcoin' as a crypto currency for scotland which could provide an alternative if there is any instability following independence for example if scotland drops the pound

The creators of scotcoin are giving away free scotcoin to residents of scotland but only until the 14th March 2014: http://scotcoin.org/

News story: http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2014/mar/25/bitcoin-goes-national-with-scotcoin-auroracoin

I don't know how familiar people are with the crypto-currency 'bitcoin' but basically the concept is expanding into national currencies for example in iceland people are using 'auroracoin' to get around government imposed capital controls

A scot has created 'scotcoin' as a crypto currency for scotland which could provide an alternative if there is any instability following independence for example if scotland drops the pound

The creators of scotcoin are giving away free scotcoin to residents of scotland but only until the 14th March 2014: http://scotcoin.org/

News story: http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2014/mar/25/bitcoin-goes-national-with-scotcoin-auroracoin

It is amazing to watch the New World Order fall apart.

:bounce:

I wish I could get a few scotcoins just for the hell of it. Hah!

It is amazing to watch the New World Order fall apart.

:bounce:

I wish I could get a few scotcoins just for the hell of it. Hah!

Yeah they're failing in syria, they are about to lose control of the east of the ukraine once the referendums there vote to join Russia and more and more people are becoming aware of the wider picture

Independence would just be the start though; they will have contingency plans to try and grab power again. My hope though is that it will start a domino effect amongst countries looking to break free from bankster control

[video=youtube;5SvdecwnYJ4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SvdecwnYJ4[/video]

Reactions: muir
[video=youtube;5SvdecwnYJ4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SvdecwnYJ4[/video]

Ha ha genius!

Gonnae nae do that! Just...gonnae no!

But George Bush Sr. said they would be successful! ...

He lied to me.

He lied huh...well that's not like that son of a bitch at all!

I doubt as director of the CIA that he had to tell many pork pies at all

lol

Hello [MENTION=1871]muir[/MENTION] - apologies for short & snappy questions. Thanks for your response - my response will be brief (for which I apologise) - will get back to you properly when I get more time.

I'm curious - What do you mean by a "shift in consciousness?" I'm interested in your experience more than Icke (unless you know him personally)?

Re: Icke hitting rock bottom - I agree & admire anyone who can stand tall after such public shaming. I have always found it fascinating how people (having similar life experiences) react to adverse life events & come away with different perspectives ie one person ends up feeling hopeless while the other is audaciously living life to the max. Hmmmmm....Why? Your thoughts?

You asked, "What fears can the world hold for such a person?" I can think of three:
1) Having a healthy fear of God
2) Having a healthy fear of self/personal accountability/duty to others. I think anyone (particularly those in positions of authority/influence) have a huge responsibility not to lead people astray with false philosophies.
3) Mark 8:36 - What do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul?

Can you elaborate what you mean when you wrote, "we are all part of a wider infinate consciousness?"

On a completely random note:

Re: Clotted cream AND jam - pure indulgence! Not sure what the weather is like in Scotland but it's sunny here (at last!) and I've been bingeing on Solero's every night. Yum!

Re: Cornish pasties - yes I've heard the crust v filling reasons but I'm normally not going down any coal mine while eating one! :lol:

In the middle of buying & selling house at the mo and I have to say that Scotland's legal position with gazumping is one that I think should be adopted throughout the country – perhaps even worldwide! Yay for Scotland & hope I don't get gazumped!

Hello @muir - apologies for short & snappy questions. Thanks for your response - my response will be brief (for which I apologise) - will get back to you properly when I get more time.

I'm curious - What do you mean by a "shift in consciousness?" I'm interested in your experience more than Icke (unless you know him personally)?

Here is a video in which Zbigniew Brzezinski talks about how the plans of the cabal (ie the Bilberberg, trilateral Commission, Council on Foreign Relations bunch of people) are being affected by a massed awakening of political consciousness.

In this brief segment he mentions how peoples who are historically resentful of external control are resisting the efforts of the cabal to centralise their control in order to increase their domination over them

...and this is coming from a member of the cabal so even they are aware of a shift occuring

[video=youtube;0kmUS--QCYY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kmUS--QCYY[/video]

As can clearly be seen on TV, in the papers and online there are demonstrations being carried out by people against their various authorities around the world. The public around the world are becoming more politically aware, more astute and are asserting their rights in the face of rising inequality and attacks on their civil liberties

Re: Icke hitting rock bottom - I agree & admire anyone who can stand tall after such public shaming. I have always found it fascinating how people (having similar life experiences) react to adverse life events & come away with different perspectives ie one person ends up feeling hopeless while the other is audaciously living life to the max. Hmmmmm....Why? Your thoughts?

I once heard it said that success is the ability to go from one failure to another without becoming down hearted lol

That might be a bit extreme but i think there is some truth that the race doesn't go to the fastest or the strongest or the most intelligent or talented...it usually goes to the most persistent...the most enduring

Ike has endured and persisted and has broken through the barriers put in his way; that's not to say he isn't intelligent or talented, he clearly is and he's also very intuitive but i think what he has made of those abilites comes through his determination (''energy flows where attention goes'')

You asked, "What fears can the world hold for such a person?" I can think of three:
1) Having a healthy fear of God
2) Having a healthy fear of self/personal accountability/duty to others. I think anyone (particularly those in positions of authority/influence) have a huge responsibility not to lead people astray with false philosophies.
3) Mark 8:36 - What do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul?

I don't think Ike is leading people astray; i think he is telling them what the mainstream corporate media won't tell them

Can you elaborate what you mean when you wrote, "we are all part of a wider infinate consciousness?"

I see you are using the socratic method and that you quote socrates in your signature!

I think that we are individual expressions of a single source of consciousness working through a body vehicle for a temporary period in order to have a life experience in this reality

I like how Alan watts expressed it: ''the universe is experiencing itself through us''

On a completely random note:

Re: Clotted cream AND jam - pure indulgence! Not sure what the weather is like in Scotland but it's sunny here (at last!) and I've been bingeing on Solero's every night. Yum!

Re: Cornish pasties - yes I've heard the crust v filling reasons but I'm normally not going down any coal mine while eating one! :lol:

In the middle of buying & selling house at the mo and I have to say that Scotland's legal position with gazumping is one that I think should be adopted throughout the country – perhaps even worldwide! Yay for Scotland & hope I don't get gazumped!

Yeah gazumping is pretty cruel

There are many good things about scotland that can be built on further if we can break free from the repressive yoke of westminster!

Good luck with your purchase!

Last edited:
''Get rid of these losers in westminster and we're rich'' is Max keisers assessment of scottish independence and i'm inclined to agree!

[video=youtube;-gYqZhdxxAA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gYqZhdxxAA[/video]

[MENTION=1871]muir[/MENTION] - only logging in for a few minutes to say I haven't forgotten and will get back to you with a response soon - crazy busy at my end at the mo.

PS - Moi using the Socratic method? Nope, it's just my way of trying to make sense of things. I ask questions in order to understand the context - I'll be firing a few more in my next post, so be ready! :rolleyes: :smile:

I hope they get it, if they want it. However, as things currently stand, at least like 8 years ago, their MPs were getting votes on things in parliament which were handled by their parliament... basically, voting on how things would be run in England, Wales and Northern Ireland, that didn't effect them at all... not exactly fair.

Last edited:
I hope they get it, if they want it. However, as things currently stand, at least like 8 years ago, their MPs were getting votes on things in parliament which were handled by their parliament... basically, voting on how things would be run in England, Wales and Northern Ireland, that didn't effect them at all... not exactly fair.

Well that's the west lothian question, so called because of the MP from the west lothians Tam Dalziel who raised the point that because scotland has politicia ns in westminster as well as in their own parliament (which has some devolved powers) they get to decide on things that affect the english, welsh and N.Irish

This is a good reason for the english, welsh and N.irish people to support scottish independance

Incidentally Tam Dalziel said an interesting thing around the time of the Iraq war...he accused Tony Bliar...i mean Blair (or do i?) of being surrounded by a cabal of jews who were telling him to take us into war in Iraq

As we all now know tony DID take us into war in Iraq under the false pretext that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction that could reach Europe and this was all stated in a document which turned out to be a student paper which the politicians 'sexed up' (this was spoofed in the film 'In the Loop'); a weapons inspector called Dr David Kelly courageously stuck his neck out and told the public that this was all lies and that the iraqis did not posses the WMD. Kelly was then found dead near his family home having, we are told to believe by the authorities, committed suicide when many doctors have since come forward and challenged that verdict

The 'cabal' Dalziel was referring to was Lord Levy (later caught up in the cash for honours scandal), Peter mandellson (caught up in multiple frauds but always allowed back into positions of power and influence and in what is no doubt NOT a coincidence is a personal friend of the rothschild family and photos of him with them can be seen online) and Jack Straw

So what did the zionist banking and oil cabal have to gain by taking us into an illegal war in the oil rich nation of Iraq i wonder?

@muir - only logging in for a few minutes to say I haven't forgotten and will get back to you with a response soon - crazy busy at my end at the mo.

PS - Moi using the Socratic method? Nope, it's just my way of trying to make sense of things. I ask questions in order to understand the context - I'll be firing a few more in my next post, so be ready! :rolleyes: :smile:

I'll be poised...like a cat :)

Hello [MENTION=1871]muir[/MENTION] - Long time no chat. Hope you're keeping well? Sorry it's taken me an exceptionally crazy amount of time to get back to you. Working long hours and facing a number of challenges at the moment so not much disposable time to get on the forum. 34 days to go!! What's the general "feel" in Scotland for the referendum as most people (including Scottish friends of mine) I've spoken to say "Why?" and the general consensus being that the British economy would not be affected post referendum. I was also advised (by an investment manager) that limited oil reserves in Scotland is not attracting long term investments and it was better to stick with Shell and BP (obviously it's her own opinion).

At some point I did manage to watch the Icke video you posted - all the way to the end! I didn't come across anything that was particularly shocking or new information as the content presented has been around for quite a number of years. Even when our countries national identity is slowly being eradicated, I often wonder how many British/Europeans are aware of the undercurrents of what the EU really stands for. I was having a chat with a friend (who used to work within the financial sector and I mention this because generally this is the group that takes most interest in raising concerns with our involvement within the EU) and we were discussing (as you do) the withdrawal of the UK from the EU using article 50 of the Lisbon Treaty (hopefully the link below works):

https://you.38degrees.org.uk/petitions/withrawal-of-the-uk-from-the-eu-using
-article-50-of-the-lisbon-treaty-by-1st-nov-2014?bucket=

Anyway, he's going to pick it up with his MP (who apparently confessed that he knew nothing about article 50). Personally I think it's a waste of time (with the exception of raising awareness) as the UK has already compromised its position and we have NO GET OUT CLAUSE (regardless of UKIP gaining momentum and popularity). I'm an optimistic but also a realist and there are things that will occur (I believe) as a result of bible prophecy and the EU is one of them!

I'll drop you another note soon (I hope!) with regard to the Icke video but lunch over now and I need to get back to work.

Hello @muir - Long time no chat. Hope you're keeping well?

Hello! I'm not too shabby thanks...keeping a close eye on developments both here in scotland but also in the wider world.....things are really moving into a new gear now

Sorry it's taken me an exceptionally crazy amount of time to get back to you. Working long hours and facing a number of challenges at the moment so not much disposable time to get on the forum. 34 days to go!! What's the general "feel" in Scotland for the referendum as most people (including Scottish friends of mine) I've spoken to say "Why?"

The outlook will vary on who you speak to. there are increasing numbers of 'yes' and 'no' signs and stickers appearing everywhere

When you ask 'why' are you asking 'why become independent?'

if so the reasons are many. My personal motivation for independance is through a desire for power to be decentralised away from westminster. This would bring power closer to the scottish people but also to the english people who would then need to re-evaluate their own political set up.

The politicians in westminster are completely enthrall to the corporations and as a result the small to medium sized enterprises are suffering due to for example the tax environment that the politicians create which is favourable to the big corporations.

I would like to see that change and i'd like to see an environment that is friendly to SME's develop. If Scotland became independent it would be able to create its own tax conditions. It could get rid of the pound and use an interest free currency instead. It could create a regulatory environment that would be suited to innovation and entreprenuraliship which is what scotland was famous for in its past before the union neutered it. Think about all the famous scottish inventions...google it and be amazed! THAT environment of innovation and imagination and self belief is what we need to re-create in scotland

and the general consensus being that the British economy would not be affected post referendum. I was also advised (by an investment manager) that limited oil reserves in Scotland is not attracting long term investments and it was better to stick with Shell and BP (obviously it's her own opinion).

Well if you want an insightful view from the energy sector then this guy sets it out very well....the outlook for the british economy is NOT GOOD (not just the british but the US economy as well). To use his language the banks went in 2008 into the emergency room and have not left despite talk of the economy growing again; the system is fragile and teetering on collapse:

[video=youtube;5aCm094D7Ok]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aCm094D7Ok[/video]

There is some talk of massive reserves of oil being off scotlands west coast which the MOD has been keeping hushed up. This would of course boost the case for independance: http://www.oilandgaspeople.com/news...rrounding-the-prime-ministers-shetland-visit/

At some point I did manage to watch the Icke video you posted - all the way to the end! I didn't come across anything that was particularly shocking or new information as the content presented has been around for quite a number of years. Even when our countries national identity is slowly being eradicated, I often wonder how many British/Europeans are aware of the undercurrents of what the EU really stands for. I was having a chat with a friend (who used to work within the financial sector and I mention this because generally this is the group that takes most interest in raising concerns with our involvement within the EU) and we were discussing (as you do) the withdrawal of the UK from the EU using article 50 of the Lisbon Treaty (hopefully the link below works):

https://you.38degrees.org.uk/petitions/withrawal-of-the-uk-from-the-eu-using
-article-50-of-the-lisbon-treaty-by-1st-nov-2014?bucket=

The EU is about centralising power pure and simple....the more the big money interests operating through the corporations and the governments they have bought can centralise their power the less say you and me and anyone else on mainstreet will have to say about how things in our world are managed

That's what it boils down to....do we want to be dictated to from above or do we want a say in matters?

So i agree that we should get out of the EU

We should get out of the pound, out of the EU and out of NATO. We should drop the nucelar weapons, drop the nuclear power, focus on oil and renewables and start trading with germany, russia and the scandinavian countries (ie robust economies)

The more self sufficient we can be the less we will be affected by the coming global economic turbulence. maybe in an emergency we could turn some of scotlands many golf courses into permaculture cooperatives growing clean organic food!

Anyway, he's going to pick it up with his MP (who apparently confessed that he knew nothing about article 50). Personally I think it's a waste of time (with the exception of raising awareness) as the UK has already compromised its position and we have NO GET OUT CLAUSE (regardless of UKIP gaining momentum and popularity). I'm an optimistic but also a realist and there are things that will occur (I believe) as a result of bible prophecy and the EU is one of them!

I'll drop you another note soon (I hope!) with regard to the Icke video but lunch over now and I need to get back to work.

No problem

I think if scotland can gain independance it also affects the english who will then need their own shake up and from that the public might be able to force a better situation for themselves

At the moment under this current UK government it is very difficult for the public to make any headway....we need a shake up....scottish independance could be that event

Last edited:
Hey [MENTION=1871]muir[/MENTION] - 5 days to go!! How exciting?!!!

I will respond to your messages at some point - I haven't forgotten. Virtually impossible at the moment to engage on a one to one conversation as it's all happening at this end. Hope you're keeping well.

Hello! I'm not too shabby thanks...keeping a close eye on developments both here in scotland but also in the wider world.....things are really moving into a new gear now

The outlook will vary on who you speak to. there are increasing numbers of 'yes' and 'no' signs and stickers appearing everywhere

When you ask 'why' are you asking 'why become independent?'

if so the reasons are many. My personal motivation for independance is through a desire for power to be decentralised away from westminster. This would bring power closer to the scottish people but also to the english people who would then need to re-evaluate their own political set up.

The politicians in westminster are completely enthrall to the corporations and as a result the small to medium sized enterprises are suffering due to for example the tax environment that the politicians create which is favourable to the big corporations.

I would like to see that change and i'd like to see an environment that is friendly to SME's develop. If Scotland became independent it would be able to create its own tax conditions. It could get rid of the pound and use an interest free currency instead. It could create a regulatory environment that would be suited to innovation and entreprenuraliship which is what scotland was famous for in its past before the union neutered it. Think about all the famous scottish inventions...google it and be amazed! THAT environment of innovation and imagination and self belief is what we need to re-create in scotland

Well if you want an insightful view from the energy sector then this guy sets it out very well....the outlook for the british economy is NOT GOOD (not just the british but the US economy as well). To use his language the banks went in 2008 into the emergency room and have not left despite talk of the economy growing again; the system is fragile and teetering on collapse:

[video=youtube;5aCm094D7Ok]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aCm094D7Ok[/video]

There is some talk of massive reserves of oil being off scotlands west coast which the MOD has been keeping hushed up. This would of course boost the case for independance: http://www.oilandgaspeople.com/news...rrounding-the-prime-ministers-shetland-visit/

The EU is about centralising power pure and simple....the more the big money interests operating through the corporations and the governments they have bought can centralise their power the less say you and me and anyone else on mainstreet will have to say about how things in our world are managed

That's what it boils down to....do we want to be dictated to from above or do we want a say in matters?

So i agree that we should get out of the EU

We should get out of the pound, out of the EU and out of NATO. We should drop the nucelar weapons, drop the nuclear power, focus on oil and renewables and start trading with germany, russia and the scandinavian countries (ie robust economies)

The more self sufficient we can be the less we will be affected by the coming global economic turbulence. maybe in an emergency we could turn some of scotlands many golf courses into permaculture cooperatives growing clean organic food!

No problem

I think if scotland can gain independance it also affects the english who will then need their own shake up and from that the public might be able to force a better situation for themselves

At the moment under this current UK government it is very difficult for the public to make any headway....we need a shake up....scottish independance could be that event

[MENTION=1871]muir[/MENTION]

are you in scotland??? If so, please keep us updated on how this is effecting you. I've been reading about it but I never know what to believe nowadays. Let us know how it's effects your living. I'm really interested. It seems like it might be a very positive thing for scotland.

This is so exciting! If they vote to extricate themselves from the clutches of the old world control.... man oh man.... maybe it'll ignite a fire in the brothers over across the pond.