Questions About Christianity | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Questions About Christianity

I know [MENTION=1451]Billy[/MENTION] That is always my answer of where I would love to go...If I could go anywhere...The Library at Alexandria.

some folks just don't like that book learnin'

But people everyday claim to be God or the son of God, how do we know they are or are not? Instead we just say they're nuts, lock em up and give em pills.

So it would seem.

I don't know. Maybe Jesus was crazy. Maybe he was just a liar. Maybe he was who he said he was.

pick one ;)

I don't know. Maybe Jesus was crazy. Maybe he was just a liar. Maybe he was who he said he was.

pick one ;)

What if he were all 3? :O

I find it odd that all these prophets and messiahs and such stopped a long time ago. Where are they now? Did God stop talking to us when Jesus died? Or have their been prophets and such since then? (Honest question. I really don't know.)

I think that if you claim to be God or speak for God or whatever, and manage to accomplish great things, then people believe you. Like Joan of Arc, too. Otherwise, you're deemed bonkers and locked away.

pick one ;)

A crazy Jewish guy that lies and manipulates people and is SO good at his craft that people really believe that he is genuinely the real deal?

Nowadays we would call that a lawyer.

(I can say this. I'm Jewish :) )

Reactions: Norton
My favorite difficult question about this subject is "Did Adam and Eve have belly buttons?"
but I'm not sure if that's Jewish or Christian.

God created man from the dust of the earth, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and man became a living soul. Eve was created from one of man's ribs, and women have been ribbing men ever since.

pick one ;)

A crazy lying Jew? So what would differentiate him? BA dum Ching!

A crazy lying Jew? So what would differentiate him? BA dum Ching!

HEY!
You aren't allowed to say that. You aren't Jewish [MENTION=731]UBERROGO[/MENTION] , remember!?

I am SO offended.

Lol

We have a wandering Jew and it is taking over the garden.

clearrectangle.gif

Last edited:
A crazy Jewish guy that lies and manipulates people and is SO good at his craft that people really believe that he is genuinely the real deal?

Nowadays we would call that a lawyer.

(I can say this. I'm Jewish :) )

lol @ your disclaimer

"I can say this" hahaha

Drinking wine as if the blood and eating bread as if the flesh of Christ seems awfully cannibalistic. Why does Catholicism promote these symbolically cannibalistic rituals?

Why do people worship Jesus and thank him for everything? Won't God get pissed off that his son gets all the credit?

"I created the world and all life; all this guy did was street magic, but he gets all the love? WTF?" - This comes to mind in the form of a cartoon. I wish I could draw it. NOTE: Just sharing an amusing thought, not trying to be offensive.

For that matter, why were these feats viewed as miracles of God and not witchcraft of the Devil?

Why isn't there more Jewish traditions in Christianity if Christ was Jewish? Won't God get pissed off that Christ changed all the rules?

Was it part of God's plan to kill his son? Dick-move, don't you think? Honour thy father, but fuck your kids?

Why was it acceptable that we trust someone that claims to be the son of God 2000 years ago, but nowadays we call them Schizophrenic?

Why is God wrathful and Jesus forgiving? Don't do wrong or God will smite you, but it's ok, because Jesus forgives you. That sounds like being part of a dysfunctional family where God, as the father, beats you for doing something he doesn't like; but then Jesus, as the caring 'mother', tells you that everything is ok, it's not your fault, father is just having a bad day, and you're forgiven. No wonder the crusades happened. Like a bunch of angry teenagers looking to start some shit because of the shitty childhood they had.

Christian believe in the Trinity. This has been a contentious issue throughout history as Muslims have accused Christians of idol worship that is contradictory with monotheistic faith. The most useful analogy I was ever told to understand the concept is to picture H2O in 3 distinct states: frozen, liquid, and steam.

So it is with the belief in the Trinity is that God is understood to be in 3 distinct forms. God the Father, God the Son embodied by Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit.

Regarding the seemingly cannibalistic ritual practice (one that has been noted historically) during the Eucharist. It is established that the bread and wine used is literally changed into the body and blood of Christ through the doctrine of transubstantiation.

I think it should be noted that Christianity is diverse with numerous denominations that may disagree or have varying degrees of importance placed on any ritual or belief. I believe that what differentiates this from being ritual cannibalism would be that Christ is regarded as deity. Christ is not considered to be half human and half deity, i.e. a demigod, he is regarded in Christian faith as fully human and fully God.

In this respect, there are antecedents predating Christianity of God (or gods) as a self-sacrificing deity. Rather than creating from nothing in certain myths, God is potrayed as sacrificing himself in order to create the universe/mankind. That existence is predicated on the dismemberment/destruction of the deity. This is not the creation myth of Christianity, but has been a recurring theme in world mythology. The dying/resurrecting god is also a recurrent world mythology motif typically of vegetation deities reflecting the cycle of seasons and the cycle of life and death.

While Christ was Jewish and did not see himself as representing a new religious faith, he did attempt to reform Judaic law. The best explanation I believe to understand this is motivation is to consider the phrase, the letter and spirit of the law.

We have a wandering Jew and it is taking over the garden.

clearrectangle.gif

<< Romans 14 >>
King James Version

1Him that is weak in the faith receive ye, but not to doubtful disputations. 2For one believeth that he may eat all things: another, who is weak, eateth herbs. 3Let not him that eateth despise him that eateth not; and let not him which eateth not judge him that eateth: for God hath received him. 4Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.
5One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind. 6He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks. 7For none of us liveth to himself, and no man dieth to himself. 8For whether we live, we live unto the Lord; and whether we die, we die unto the Lord: whether we live therefore, or die, we are the Lord's. 9For to this end Christ both died, and rose, and revived, that he might be Lord both of the dead and living.
10But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.
11For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.
12So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God. 13Let us not therefore judge one another any more: but judge this rather, that no man put a stumblingblock or an occasion to fall in his brother's way. 14I know, and am persuaded by the Lord Jesus, that there is nothing unclean of itself: but to him that esteemeth any thing to be unclean, to him it is unclean. 15But if thy brother be grieved with thy meat, now walkest thou not charitably. Destroy not him with thy meat, for whom Christ died. 16Let not then your good be evil spoken of: 17For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost. 18For he that in these things serveth Christ is acceptable to God, and approved of men. 19Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another. 20For meat destroy not the work of God. All things indeed are pure; but it is evil for that man who eateth with offence. 21It is good neither to eat flesh, nor to drink wine, nor any thing whereby thy brother stumbleth, or is offended, or is made weak. 22Hast thou faith? have it to thyself before God. Happy is he that condemneth not himself in that thing which he alloweth. 23And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.

That "Wandering Jew" is taking over your garden because WE ROLL LIKE THAT.

(Ugh. I can't stand when people quote scripture.)

What if he were all 3? :O

I find it odd that all these prophets and messiahs and such stopped a long time ago. Where are they now? Did God stop talking to us when Jesus died? Or have their been prophets and such since then? (Honest question. I really don't know.)

The Holy Spirit of God is the key to your question regarding God's talking to us since the resurrection of Jesus.

I think that if you claim to be God or speak for God or whatever, and manage to accomplish great things, then people believe you. Like Joan of Arc, too. Otherwise, you're deemed bonkers and locked away.

I feel there are those familiar with the voice of God. Great things are likely uncommon. I feel mankind today would question and readily turn their backs to someone speaking God's Word(not talking about teaching or preaching here).
I think it possible Christianity would do the same the Jews did if a Christian were to come to them with something they saw was not in their book or blasphemy. God still seeks faith at this time....with arms wide open.

Someone said on this forum years ago, "Talk to a friend you call God and you're religious. Talk to a friend you call Harvey and you're crazy." Never liked that, but have always thought about how man percieves things they understand little of.

Many followers stopped following Jesus when he spake of His Blood and His Body. He used wine and bread and asked they "do this in remembrance of Me". It is no longer I, but Christ that dwelleth within me. The two are to become as one flesh, same as God the Father and God the Son. It is called Communion...with God.

Why would a Muslim build Dome of the Rock over grounds of the Temple? Arrogance? Why do Jews not destroy it? Christians? My question.

Wine was almost always used in the water, as they had no other means of making it drinkably safe.

Cheers.

Ugh I hate when people say they hate when people quote scripture.

Deleted. Thanks for not saying you can't stand people who quote scriptures.

Deleted. Thanks for not saying you can't stand people who quote scriptures.

I can't stand WHEN people quote scripture. Not PEOPLE that quote scripture. And thank you for the delete.

It doesn't bother me at all [MENTION=680]just me[/MENTION]

please keep posting scripture

[MENTION=6281]lisamarie[/MENTION] :p

Reactions: just me