Questions About Christianity | INFJ Forum

Questions About Christianity

Paladin-X

Permanent Fixture
May 2, 2012
MBTI
XXXX
WARNING! The following questions and musings may be offensive to some. It is not intended as such.

Drinking wine as if the blood and eating bread as if the flesh of Christ seems awfully cannibalistic. Why does Catholicism promote these symbolically cannibalistic rituals?

Why do people worship Jesus and thank him for everything? Won't God get pissed off that his son gets all the credit?

"I created the world and all life; all this guy did was street magic, but he gets all the love? WTF?" - This comes to mind in the form of a cartoon. I wish I could draw it. NOTE: Just sharing an amusing thought, not trying to be offensive.

For that matter, why were these feats viewed as miracles of God and not witchcraft of the Devil?

Why isn't there more Jewish traditions in Christianity if Christ was Jewish? Won't God get pissed off that Christ changed all the rules?

Was it part of God's plan to kill his son? Dick-move, don't you think? Honour thy father, but fuck your kids?

Why was it acceptable that we trust someone that claims to be the son of God 2000 years ago, but nowadays we call them Schizophrenic?

Why is God wrathful and Jesus forgiving? Don't do wrong or God will smite you, but it's ok, because Jesus forgives you. That sounds like being part of a dysfunctional family where God, as the father, beats you for doing something he doesn't like; but then Jesus, as the caring 'mother', tells you that everything is ok, it's not your fault, father is just having a bad day, and you're forgiven. No wonder the crusades happened. Like a bunch of angry teenagers looking to start some shit because of the shitty childhood they had.

NOTE: To be clear of my intentions -- my ultimate goal is not to question the existence of God or Jesus or your faith. That is irrelevant to me. I am questioning the 'logic' or rationale behind the beliefs. Even if I can somehow disprove this rationale, it does not therefore negate anyone's belief or prove/disprove whether or not God or Jesus exists; it just negates the reasons. Even if I can't prove anything, it'll make for a fun or ridiculous argument that amuses at least me.

Last edited:
Reactions: muir
:popcorn: Ohhh fun!

(not in any particular order)

I say because Christianity has somehow been given this veener of "rightousness"--as in it is correct and just and blah blah blah. Christianity is mythology.

Most beliefs systems evolved from what they call sympathetic magic which was man imitating what he wanted to have happen. Like old fertility rites that included fornication to show the crops how to grow and be fruitful. As man evolved in language and expression...those rituals have become more elaborate, stylized and symbolic. Communion is about sacrifice...in the old days they would have actually slit someone's throat or burned them alive or torn their heart out.....

I dunno about God getting pissed off about the whole Christianity/Jewish thing but I think Jesus would be pissed. As far as I know, Jesus was a devout Jew.

Religion is the opiate of the masses.....

Reactions: Norton
People who worship Jesus as God believe that he is God. If that makes any sense. I've never worshiped Jesus.

I believe Catholics get the idea that the wine becomes the blood from their interpretation of the words Jesus spoke himself about what the wine and bread were, in that moment. I've never taken communion.

It is likely that in the future that spiritual or religious experiences could be considered a mental illness. Right now it is not considered a deviance because it is in the realm of normal.

wait, I thought water was wine from the wedding, now its blood so water is blood? so they baptize in blood?

My favorite difficult question about this subject is "Did Adam and Eve have belly buttons?"
but I'm not sure if that's Jewish or Christian.

..or how did the human race continue if they only had two male sons ;)

there were plenty of Neanderthal babes fleeing the flooding of Atlantis.

People worship Jesus as god because Jesus is god's avatar, who sacrificed himself to save the souls of man from sin. Sooooo Jesus is the Last Airbender. :p

But really if you study what was going on during that time period, Joshua bar Joseph ("son of Joseph"; also Jesus is Greek for Joshua) was a jewish carpenter from a poor family who may have learned teachings from traveling Buddhist monks, or reached enlightenment in his own manner, whether it be drugs, meditation, etc. He wish to teach the jewish population, who were at the time occupied by the Roman empire, that we are actually all divine sons and daughters of god (Christ-beings), don't be material-obsessed, mean-spirited, etc. which countered the Roman culture of orgies, vomitariums, vicious gladiator duels, population control through propoganda, war.... all the workings of a dystopian empire on the verge of collapse.

And so the jewish rebellions that were going on at the time in Jerusalem and such used Joshua, and another man I forget his name, as idols, their "saviors", and the Romans were all like "HEEELLLLLLLL NAW" and so there was much fighting, conspiring, and ultimately Jesus was betrayed, killed and martyred by his people to give them hope in the continuing battle against Rome. Years later, some followers of Jesus got together, may have conspired with priests of Rome, formed Christianity and what once was a pure philosophical teaching of a wise man became an evil power structure used by Rome for millenniums well into today.

In fact, if you study symbols, history, follow the money and what not, you can see that Rome may not have actually fell, but changed it's face...

WARNING! The following questions and musings may be offensive to some. It is not intended as such.

Drinking wine as if the blood and eating bread as if the flesh of Christ seems awfully cannibalistic. Why does Catholicism promote these symbolically cannibalistic rituals?

Why do people worship Jesus and thank him for everything? Won't God get pissed off that his son gets all the credit?

"I created the world and all life; all this guy did was street magic, but he gets all the love? WTF?" - This comes to mind in the form of a cartoon. I wish I could draw it. NOTE: Just sharing an amusing thought, not trying to be offensive.

For that matter, why were these feats viewed as miracles of God and not witchcraft of the Devil?

Why isn't there more Jewish traditions in Christianity if Christ was Jewish? Won't God get pissed off that Christ changed all the rules?

Was it part of God's plan to kill his son? Dick-move, don't you think? Honour thy father, but fuck your kids?

Why was it acceptable that we trust someone that claims to be the son of God 2000 years ago, but nowadays we call them Schizophrenic?

Why is God wrathful and Jesus forgiving? Don't do wrong or God will smite you, but it's ok, because Jesus forgives you. That sounds like being part of a dysfunctional family where God, as the father, beats you for doing something he doesn't like; but then Jesus, as the caring 'mother', tells you that everything is ok, it's not your fault, father is just having a bad day, and you're forgiven. No wonder the crusades happened. Like a bunch of angry teenagers looking to start some shit because of the shitty childhood they had.

Because they aren't symbolically canabalistic. They symbolize something else, and really it isn't symbolic at all.( depending on if you are prot or catholic,)

No he won't get mad.

Good question. I guess they had more context about the situation.

no god won't get mad.

apparently it was gods plan. Seems like there is more to the story since Jesus seemed pretty okay with the situation going in. Seems he could have also skipped out on it if he really wanted to, but did it all anyways. Plus he was going to come back to life in the end so it's probably not that big a deal to him in that sense.

another good question. I don't think you are schizophrenic If you are who you claim to be. At the same time It seems like another situation where being there in the moment gave them a different context of things.

well Jesus isn't the mother, he is more like a son and a prince taking over dads kingdom. Jesus can pardon anyone he wants it seems.

Well that is my overly simplistic responses to your seemingly insincere and rediculously simplistic questions. Hope it helps.

Reactions: CindyLou
so there's Jewish law, but Jesus is like above the law. he is like the OG. God was all like,"these bitches can't follow the law. it's too hard for them." so Jesus comes and stuff and he's like, "yo dawgs, let me just break it down for you. love God and everybody, and we can forget about keepin' kosher."

yeah...

Yeah BUT the baptism is symbolic for being washed in the blood...which is what the wine becomes which is what the water, was..and IS.

Yeah!

Reactions: Flavus Aquila
Uhh...yea...my understanding was that baptism was about "washing away your sins" ....no blood or symbolic blood mentioned.....

Your interpretation reminds of of that horrible scene from Carrie...
carrie.jpg

Reactions: hush
Oh wait that would totally be British sounding.....Bloody Christians!!!

I was raised a baptist so I guess that makes my perspective different. The baptism wasn't required, just symbolic for being buried, washed in blood, whatever you want it to be, but usually associated with death. Certainly the water didn't mean anything as the water couldn't technically wash your sins away. Only blood can do that.

Last edited:
[MENTION=5437]Paladin-X[/MENTION]
Unfortunately, I don't have time to answer all your questions at the moment. Just a few things for now....

There is no competition or jealousy between God the Father and God the Son.
Jesus said:"I and My Father are one.” (John 30:10)

Jesus WAS accused of working miracles by the power of Satan.

Matthew 12:22-24
Then one was brought to Him who was demon-possessed, blind and mute; and He healed him, so that the blind and mute man both spoke and saw. And all the multitudes were amazed and said, “Could this be the Son of David?”

Now when the Pharisees heard it they said, “This fellow does not cast out demons except by Beelzebub,the ruler of the demons.”

Was it part of God's plan to kill his son?
Yes, it was ABSOLUTELY God's plan to kill his Son, and it was every bit as much the Son's will to lay down his life--for the redemption of his people.

Acts 2:22-24
“Men of Israel, hear these words: Jesus of Nazareth, a Man attested by God to you by miracles, wonders, and signs which God did through Him in your midst, as you yourselves also know—Him, being delivered by the determined purpose and foreknowledge of God, you have taken by lawless hands, have crucified, and put to death; whom God raised up, having loosed the pains of death, because it was not possible that He should be held by it.

John 10:17-18
“Therefore My Father loves Me, because I lay down My life that I may take it again. No one takes it from Me, but I lay it down of Myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This command I have received from My Father.”

Colossians 1:20-22
And you, who once were alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now He has reconciled in the body of His flesh through death, to present you holy, and blameless, and above reproach in His sight—

Last edited:
Reactions: just me
Because they aren't symbolically canabalistic. They symbolize something else, and really it isn't symbolic at all.( depending on if you are prot or catholic,)

I am rather literal-minded. Though I understand the purpose of it, the ritual itself still sounds too closely akin to some sort of rite of devil worship or cannibalism, except without actual blood or flesh to engorge. (I am baptised Protestant, though I do not practice any religion.)

No he won't get mad.

How can you be sure?

1And God spake all these words, saying,
2I am the LORD thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.

3Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

4Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: 5Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me; 6And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.

That sounds like He'd be pissed for worshipping someone else.

Good question. I guess they had more context about the situation.

You are probably right. I'm not all up on my histories of the world, but perhaps witchcraft or devil worship wasn't as big of a deal until after Christianity was formed?

no god won't get mad.

Same argument as earlier about pissing off God.

apparently it was gods plan. Seems like there is more to the story since Jesus seemed pretty okay with the situation going in. Seems he could have also skipped out on it if he really wanted to, but did it all anyways. Plus he was going to come back to life in the end so it's probably not that big a deal to him in that sense.

Or perhaps God was pissed and smote him. Then when he came back, he smote him again for good. Or, he was a great philosopher and a smart guy. He was the David Blaine of the early AD years and everything was smoke and mirrors? Maybe he was a Roman sleeper designed to control the world for 1000s of years and called into action. I can get more ridiculous. But even still, they are plausible, I think.

another good question. I don't think you are schizophrenic If you are who you claim to be. At the same time It seems like another situation where being there in the moment gave them a different context of things.

But people everyday claim to be God or the son of God, how do we know they are or are not? Instead we just say they're nuts, lock em up and give em pills.

well Jesus isn't the mother, he is more like a son and a prince taking over dads kingdom. Jesus can pardon anyone he wants it seems.

So it would seem.

Well that is my overly simplistic responses to your seemingly insincere and rediculously simplistic questions. Hope it helps.

Though my questions may seem rather ridiculous, they are sincere.

Christians, why was it necessary to destroy the Library at Alexandria?

Reactions: hush