Purity of Spirit? Old Soul? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Purity of Spirit? Old Soul?

I don't think it really has anything to do with age, So.

Of my two children, only the younger has what I believe to be an old soul. He has from a very early age the ability to comprehend and understand things intuitively, and ponder things that his sister never has. He has infinitely more patience and acceptance, and learns many things more easily and with far less frustration. He has a sort of mature serenity about him which I find unusual.

Not sure how else to describe it.

They are both wonderful, beautiful, sensitive, intelligent human beings and I love them equally, but their souls (as I sense them) have very different qualities.

Completely unrelated probably, but my mum reckons I was a monk in a past life. I think it is just her recognising Fi's stubborn, yet calm abilty to do the right thing, rather than caving to outside pressure.

Completely unrelated probably, but my mum reckons I was a monk in a past life. I think it is just her recognising Fi's stubborn, yet calm abilty to do the right thing, rather than caving to outside pressure.

rasputin_large.jpg

Who's the hobo?

Some monk by the name of Gregory. Gregory Rasputin.

He don't look like those typical monks. He look like he been in some bars before.

Well, no one tells me that I have an old soul anyways. I was hyper when I was a kid and never viewed to be insightful. Just a kid. Now, that i just keep my thoughts to myself.... so no one can say much about me.

Once or Twice been called Old Soul.

Once a person claimed to know an angel was watching me.

I am the youngest of them all, I'm innocent and purehearted and endearing and pristine and I still love teddybears and hearts and flowers and colours, especially pink. My face is in accordance to my spirit, my cheeks are rosy, my eyes are exceptionally green, and my hair has volume. Although my body is rather tired and fatigue due to sleep deprivation and anxiety/stress in school.

- Amazing how that one thing has the power to bring most of my positive mentality down xD

But not all of it obviously. Sleep and semi sleep modes are beautiful and pleasurable and rejuvinating to body, mind and soul. They allow you to interact with your own dreaming mind and with the universal unconscious where beautiful flowers called mythologies grow from. Like Sleeping Beauty, you know? She will meet her Prince Charming in her Dreaming mind and he will open some Heavenly doors.

Nice Mayflow!

Yup. Been called an old soul. Unfortunately, I'm stuck in a teenager's body. It's ageism I have to deal with. Geez...

I really feel out of place.

Same. Folks have been telling me that for as long as I can remember. "You are very wise...you must be an old soul." Most of my friends are at least 10yrs older than me. I find it nearly impossible to relate to kiddies my age.

I don't necessarily think I'm "wise," I've just had a lot of life experiences. Not only that, but once you see something so many times, it becomes easier to predict its outcome. And INFJs can connect the dots faster than most people (Ni perhaps?) Most young kiddies can't do that because they lack the experience or foresight needed to come up with those answers. *Sigh* It doesn't help I that I had to become an adult at like 8...so I'm sure that jumped me ahead of my peers a good couple of decades, lol.

I feel like an old woman trapped in a 20yr old body.

Same here. Interesting enough if you are an INFJ; but added unusual life experience makes us even wiser and older in soul. The fact that I can relate to people of all ages, especially older people and understanding the dimensions of their life situations says a lot. The only thing bothering me is the lack of my kind where I live, or at least I haven't been fortunate enough to cross paths. We are a rare breed.:m177:

Same here. Interesting enough if you are an INFJ; but added unusual life experience makes us even wiser and older in soul. The fact that I can relate to people of all ages, especially older people and understanding the dimensions of their life situations says a lot. The only thing bothering me is the lack of my kind where I live, or at least I haven't been fortunate enough to cross paths. We are a rare breed.:m177:
You likely have a few around you that you just don't know about. We seem to have a hard time finding each other irl. :)

I frequently get comments about my 'purity of spirit.' That I give selflessly, and have this type of soul that seems to defy time. People of all types seem almost sucked into my little world. I learn and empathsize with all their secrets, and never reveal any of my own.

I mean, it's definitely awkward, the 'purity of spirit' or 'old soul' comments... and I never know how to respond to it... but I was wondering if it was an INFJ thing. What do you think?

What do you think? Are you actions really selfless, or do you like good feelings you get after doing those things?

I've only just come across this site and personality type info but it's been quite accurate from what I've seen so far but I don't think being an INFJ is a direct link to 'old/pure souls'.

I've been called an old soul a couple of times but I don't understand how one soul can be older than another. I surpose if you've lived several lives on Earth then your soul / subconscience would be familiar with the rules of this universe/body/society etc and so could have learned lessons still fresh to Earth newbies?!!

I may be an old soul but I'm not sure about the pure bit. Think I've flown stray of the rails a few too many times to be associated with that word. :p :m096: