President Donald Trump | Page 12 | INFJ Forum

President Donald Trump

I've been watching a lot of interviews, speeches, etc made by both candidates. The internet is a beautiful thing. I have been enjoying watching each of them through history and seeing where they've been consistent or perhaps where they've faltered. I do find it valuable to hear what has come straight from the horse's mouth instead of relying on the media to deliver its paraphrased and out of context interpretations of each candidate.

I don't think either choice was perfect and there is no perfect government system. It really is too bad but I do think this election has really opened many people's eyes to how things work. I do hope that people take some time to look back (hind sight is 20/20 afterall) and really examine over the course of many years how this conclusion was reached. It's not that everyone on Trump's side is a horrible close minded racist and it's not that everyone on Hillary's side is a hippy social justice warrior. Everyone voted the way they did for any variety of reasons and I don't think the majority of the votes on either side were a result of an extreme belief system. I wish more people could see that instead of blindly labelling people who voted a certain way.

Anyway. I understand that having republicans ruling most of the government right now can be a concern and I do find it alarming how much religious thinking gets into politics in the USA. I hope that at the end of his first term as President we can see a net benefit to the USA. Though many people don't want to give Trump a chance I do think there's value in stepping back and saying "Maybe I disagree with A, B, C....Z about Trump, but let's see if he can deliver on 1,2 and 3."

I can see why people feel afraid. The way information circulates and what people buy into really doesn't help anyone feel better about the world, no matter who is the figurehead of a government.

well honestly, america had fairly poor choices concerning candidates this year.
At the same time, I feel rather relieved that clinton didn't win...

I dunno whether Trump will be a better or worse president... but hell, as long as he focuses on the US rather than the world, the world will be a safer place for it. Cause honestly. America is a mess and its geopolitical games with Russia and China sure don't make me feel safe. After all. If push comes to shove. It's Europe and Japan that get caught in the crossfire.

Perhaps Trump will focus his attention more inwards allowing the tension to relax. I'm kinda tired of hearing about troop movements inside russia and the omg russia's gonna invade any time now... OH RUSSIA'S DONE IT THEY INVADED!!! ~ The russian aid convoy is an invasion..... Careful now they're sharing food, water and blankets!!!!!.... OHHHH GOD... They're driving back......There you had it folks... Russia just invaded another country... America cannot let this stand-news that has been spamming us on CNN for years now. I mean... really???

I know for a fact that fear mongering would have been worse if clinton got elected. I'll take a "maybe it will reduce" over that certainty anyday. If people are upset about who became president, than they should have just voted for sanders when he ran for the democrats. Choosing Hillary to run for the democrats was the worst decision people made. There are plenty of Democrats who dislike her enough that they voted for trump instead.

In the end, let's just wait and see what Trump does now that he has won instead of riot and bitch like spoiled little kids. I do hope to see all those people (especially the celebrities) emigrate after having vowed to do so if trump won though...

Reactions: Sandie33
I don't think anyone is actually that interested in his tax returns... but if it makes good campaign fodder, so be it.

Yeah...I may have actually considered voting for him myself if he released them and everything was how it should be...as in - he’s paid actual taxes for the past 20 years.

Yeah...I may have actually considered voting for him myself if he released them and everything was how it should be...as in - he’s paid actual taxes for the past 20 years.
Seriously?
What do you call someone, who doesn't take advantage of every legal tax deductible/write-off/etc...?
A: too f..king stupid to run a coffee shop, let alone run for president.

The best reason for hope at the moment is that he is not a politician, and that he hasn't courted any favours.
Not yet, no favors that we are aware of. But it will all rinse out in the wash.

I am still muddling through his pick of Rudi Giuliani as Secretary of State ?!? I'm concerned for the US relationships with our forgein allies...geeish our relationships with those that tollerate the US? And, oh my, what of the US haters?

One of my biggest concerns--i don't day fears bc I'm not affraid--is will these gentlemen in office and cabinet bring warfare here? Will all be happy to have our beautiful land resemble the rubble that has become war-torn Europe? Will we see another revolutionary war here? That worked well, but it was on the east coast...now we are a fully blossomed country.

I have been shaking my head constantly bc I just don't know. There is so much negative energy in the air right now ....it's stench is worse than the wildfires in the Tennessee mountains burning now...of which my family in Nashville & Franklin say was a set fire by angry mountain protesters! Geeish. :-[

Reactions: cvp12gh5
Anyway. I understand that having republicans ruling most of the government right now can be a concern and I do find it alarming how much religious thinking gets into politics in the USA

This is a feature of US politics I do find strange. Most places in the world voters do not care about religion as much as Americans seem to care about it. The politicization of religion has some strange consequences and issues like abortion tend to get talked about way more than than they are in other countries.

I've been watching a lot of interviews, speeches, etc made by both candidates. The internet is a beautiful thing. I have been enjoying watching each of them through history and seeing where they've been consistent or perhaps where they've faltered. I do find it valuable to hear what has come straight from the horse's mouth instead of relying on the media to deliver its paraphrased and out of context interpretations of each candidate.

I don't think either choice was perfect and there is no perfect government system. It really is too bad but I do think this election has really opened many people's eyes to how things work. I do hope that people take some time to look back (hind sight is 20/20 afterall) and really examine over the course of many years how this conclusion was reached. It's not that everyone on Trump's side is a horrible close minded racist and it's not that everyone on Hillary's side is a hippy social justice warrior. Everyone voted the way they did for any variety of reasons and I don't think the majority of the votes on either side were a result of an extreme belief system. I wish more people could see that instead of blindly labelling people who voted a certain way.

Anyway. I understand that having republicans ruling most of the government right now can be a concern and I do find it alarming how much religious thinking gets into politics in the USA. I hope that at the end of his first term as President we can see a net benefit to the USA. Though many people don't want to give Trump a chance I do think there's value in stepping back and saying "Maybe I disagree with A, B, C....Z about Trump, but let's see if he can deliver on 1,2 and 3."

I can see why people feel afraid. The way information circulates and what people buy into really doesn't help anyone feel better about the world, no matter who is the figurehead of a government.
First let me say I am drunk and I am a loser in life. Though not so much so that I live with my parents or anything... they both passed away a long time ago. Im just really in line with how you word things. So much so I could forsee myself at some point falling in love with you. Like over and over. But its not meant to be. You with your boyfriend and me with my need to be free. It cant ever happen. Like ever... ":(
This is my way of saying I appreciate your perspective.
I know one day you will come to your senses and see an old bald fat man for what he is. I will protect you until then..over the Internet. . Stay away vixen. ..

First let me say I am drunk and I am a loser in life. Though not so much so that I live with my parents or anything... they both passed away a long time ago. Im just really in line with how you word things. So much so I could forsee myself at some point falling in love with you. Like over and over. But its not meant to be. You with your boyfriend and me with my need to be free. It cant ever happen. Like ever... ":(
I know one day you will come to your senses and see an old bald fat man for what he is. I will protect you until then..over the Internet. . Stay away vixen. ..
:m190:

I know I know. Its alot. I mean theres this than that.
The great thing is this is the Internet. Where nothing is ever what it seems. I envision @special edition as being an old fat bald dude (much like I am ) with a complex.
Tomorrow. ..tomorrow the sun WILL rise. Im sure of it.

Anyway I suspect its obvious I really like the simplistic eloquence of her posts at this point.

Reactions: Sandie33 and Jet

I suspected as much. One is entitled to how they feel - no matter the circumstances. Though I don't think I need a shield.

Seriously?
What do you call someone, who doesn't take advantage of every legal tax deductible/write-off/etc...?
A: too f..king stupid to run a coffee shop, let alone run for president.

I call them a tax dodger.
And it isn’t just him.
There is an estimated $21 Trillion in offshore bank accounts where the US govt. cannot tax it.
That’s isn’t being smart, it’s defrauding the system.
There is a huge difference in the average working Joe taking his tax advantages/breaks and someone like Trump paying zero or getting the tax moneys of the working class as returns/subsidies.
The average working Joe may break even and not get any money back from the govt. but all the while they have been deducting taxes from the employee paychecks if you like it or not, unless you are self-employed (which is a whole other headache).

So yeah...seriously.

And it isn’t just him.
There is an estimated $21 Trillion in offshore bank accounts where the US govt. cannot tax it.
There is a huge difference in the average working Joe taking his tax advantages/breaks and someone like Trump paying zero or getting the tax moneys of the working class as returns/subsidies.
The average working Joe may break even and not get any money back from the govt. but all the while they have been deducting taxes from the employee paychecks if you like it or not, unless you are self-employed (which is a whole other headache).

So yeah...seriously.
Nope.

My accountant has kept me pretty much tax free for years. It's all to do with the exemptions and deductions offered/available in the tax laws/rules.

Admittedly, I haven't been too keen on some of loopholes available... I have made net loss investments in order to minimise tax; but if the government seriously wanted me to pay tax, they would not offer me hundreds of entirely legal and legitimate ways to avoid it.

Nope.

My accountant has kept me pretty much tax free for years. It's all to do with the exemptions and deductions offered/available in the tax laws/rules.

Admittedly, I haven't been too keen on some of loopholes available... I have made net loss investments in order to minimise tax; but if the government seriously wanted me to pay tax, they would not offer me hundreds of entirely legal and legitimate ways to avoid it.

I think you are far from the common person in regards to your financial situation.
Especially as it pertains to people in the US.

Again...there are many loopholes that are available to the rich or well to do, that are not available to the working class.
Yes...they are legal...they are legal because those who would benefit from hoarding their money and not contributing to the societies in which they live have the funds to hire lobbyists or directly buy a Congressperson who will turn their lobbying wet-dreams into law.
Average Joe...has a few write-offs, but still pays a portion of their earnings to the government as taxes.
And now with the Trump tax cuts being even deeper than Reagan’s were, it’s only going force the working class on down to shoulder the majority of the burden that it takes to run the country and keep our infrastructure from crumbling.
But...if you’re too smart to contribute to the society you are supposed to represent and you supposedly care about it and the people so much...seems like a pile of horseshit (pardon my French).

Reactions: acd and Sandie33
And it isn’t just him.

So yeah...seriously.
unless you are self-employed (which is a whole other headache).
Yes it is! I own a small business. I pay into the system monthly to cover tax. At the end of the year I have to balance my goods sold income tax with the amount I pay in ahead of time. I do not currently have to pay extra at the end of year reconcilliation. I don't get any returned either!
...regardless of if I didn't sell product equivalent to the year before and sold less. The government keeps my difference...absorbs it, steals it.

The system sucks ass because how does a small business ever really make a profit?

Reactions: Skarekrow
Yes it is! I own a small business. I pay into the system monthly to cover tax. At the end of the year I have to balance my goods sold income tax with the amount I pay in ahead of time. I do not currently have to pay extra at the end of year reconcilliation. I don't get any returned either!
...regardless of if I didn't sell product equivalent to the year before and sold less. The government keeps my difference...absorbs it, steals it.

The system sucks ass because how does a small business ever really make a profit?

Well, how come you haven’t just gone out and hired a lobbying firm to represent you?
Clearly, by Trump’s standards and the standards of some in this thread - you and I are stupid for paying our taxes and caring about where they end up.

Why contribute to our police...fire...paramedics...electrical grid...military...postal service....medical and education for our children, etc, etc.?
I know...let’s play a game, whomever can trip the most crippled children wins!

If Trump, the accused racist, would focus and build up African 'American' communities with clean industry and give them an opportunity to better their conditions then maybe we can unite as Americans instead of fight as black and whites. As a Trump supporter I hope he does and ends the media race obsession and shaming that prevents substantive discussion from occurring.

Well, how come you haven’t just gone out and hired a lobbying firm to represent you?
Clearly, by Trump’s standards and the standards of some in this thread - you and I are stupid for paying our taxes and caring about where they end up.
Ha. If I had Trumps money I sure as fuck wouldn't be president. :p .
Seriously, @Skarekrow , I am a US citizen. I am required to pay my 'fair' share in tax. I have an accountant who has gone after every damn tax incentive I'm elgible for...you see the missing piece is I am a disabled small business owner...I broke my neck in a car accident 28 years ago...I still work & volunteer every day! I pay my taxes. And I pity the silly mutherfucker that calls or even suggests I'm stupid for doing what's right. And it's right to pay taxes based on income. If these rich asses paid 10%...hell, if all of us paid 10% of our annual income the US would have a surplus of money.

As I was told once...
"Folks ya can't take it to the grave...y'all know somebody will steal that shit before they even take yer dead ass out the car.":p

Reactions: Skarekrow
If Trump, the accused racist, would focus and build up African 'American' communities with clean industry and give them an opportunity to better their conditions then maybe we can unite as Americans instead of fight as black and whites. As a Trump supporter I hope he does and ends the media race obsession and shaming that prevents substantive discussion from occurring.

Then let’s see if he indeed does anything for that particular community other than impose “stop and frisk” laws that treats anyone not white like criminals.
Let’s see if "institutionalized racism" as a phrase is even spoken by anyone in his admin. just like they accused Obama of not saying “radicalized Muslim”.
I can say that his plan on rounding up and deporting millions of people may not be met with apathy.