President Donald Trump | INFJ Forum

President Donald Trump

Eventhorizon

Permanently relocated
Banned
May 19, 2013
MBTI
INTJ
This thread is to talk about the things President Donald Trump will need to accomplish to make America great again after he is sworn in. What are the perceived challenges he will face, what should he focus on first and what should be changed to correct the massive damage an 8 year Obama presidency has caused to this nation of ours. Can he do it, what do you feel his motivation is?

Reactions: Sandie33
I like your enthusiastic USA patriodge. @Stu.

Reactions: the
Well, thus far the majority ideas he's been promising are beyond the capacity of the president alone, or are outright unconstitutional. I honestly think, if he wins, that he is hoping to just fly by the seat of his pants and allow his advisors to make the decisions for him. He seems to be lacking in critical thinking skills, which is frightening and not someone I would want having access to the nuclear launch codes.

This thread is to talk about the things President Donald Trump will need to accomplish to make America great again after he is sworn in. What are the perceived challenges he will face, what should he focus on first and what should be changed to correct the massive damage an 8 year Obama presidency has caused to this nation of ours. Can he do it, what do you feel his motivation is?
Whoop...I had to put the brain brakes on at your title. Thought I'd lost a few weeks in time for a minute...IMHO If Donald does get elected he firstly needs to listen to the people. I mean really listen. Spend the first 100 days in Town Hall groups. Not just big city groups, but small towns speckled all over the US. Get into everyones bag of what they are upset over. Take all these voices back to Washington and put his head together with congress and address the issues on a base level. I know, I know, sounds like a fanatical dream. However, the elected thinkers need to come together over the cavernous divide that has become us, (Not just in the past 8 years, but the past 20 years.), and focus on the doers...the people who are in the streets, fields and waterways living their American dream and working to see our great country not only survive but thrive. Locally, in my small town, I hear way too many folks sound like they're giving up because they feel they are barely existing so, why even bother to try anymore.

What are the perceived challenges he will face

Extreme racial tension. An economy fully submerged in an ocean of debt. Dangerous misunderstandings with numerous world leaders. Health problems due to aging. Hilarious ridicule for his tiny hands.

Can he do it

Nah. But everyone will cover for him until they figure out he's sold America to China. Or he freaks and hides out in Thailand until "this whole presidency thing blows over."

I feel like whoever is going to be president must cope with, not solve (I mean see us through a la FDR), a dire economic situation that seems unavoidable. The job creation issue under Obama has been misleading and fraught with confusion. The fact remains that we are still dealing with unemployment and underemployment in ways that aren't even properly ascertainable. Vast numbers of Americans are just a few paychecks away from being homeless. Approximately a 6th of Americans are on food stamps presumably because they can't afford to feed themselves and their families. I read somewhere that about 63 million Americans would be unable to handle a $500.00 unexpected bill (that would have been me about 1.5 years ago actually). Homelessness is masked by things like families living in subsidized motels. The Euro and Japanese banks are hitting negative interest rates. That's been a sure harbinger of depression. Not recession. Depression. I don't see us as isolated from the eventual shock-waves that will emanate from Europe (the Brexit turned out to be remarkably trauma free so far, but I don't think that negates the game of musical chairs ALL the banks, US included, are still playing). And then there is this question: What are we as a country? What do we make? What's our role in the world? Well, we're consumers. And we have some good ideas. But basically, as a people, we buy shit from China and other sweatshop countries and no longer participate in the global production infrastructure at a meaningful level. The generation that has paid for what is our health and social security system is dying off. We have turned into a welfare state and a debtor state. I believe the president coming in, whoever that will be, must cope with that and see us through. I abhor Hillary Clinton to such a high degree that I will vote for Trump. Not even while holding my nose. I look at his hair and unusual hue with a kind of weird admiration now. I mean, it takes chutzpah to walk around like that. Not to mention to totally annihilate 16 seasoned politicians and pretty much wipe the Bushes off the political map. I have no illusions that he can do much about the coming onslaught of economic woes. I just find him less repugnant than HRC. So the next president, whoever it is, will be a one termer IMO. His/Her primary responsibility will be to offer some guidance and whatever little can be done in the face of decades upon decades of unprecedented financial corruption, increasing class division and death of the middle class. That's the next president's job: offer a little hope and opportunity to the growing masses of disenfranchised people. Fixing what the banks and politicians have already done and what will soon be upon us, is beyond any one person, even the POTUS.

Interesting. I dont think he lacks critical thinking skills.
Whoop...I had to put the brain brakes on at your title. Thought I'd lost a few weeks in time for a minute...IMHO If Donald does get elected he firstly needs to listen to the people. I mean really listen. Spend the first 100 days in Town Hall groups. Not just big city groups, but small towns speckled all over the US. Get into everyones bag of what they are upset over. Take all these voices back to Washington and put his head together with congress and address the issues on a base level. I know, I know, sounds like a fanatical dream. However, the elected thinkers need to come together over the cavernous divide that has become us, (Not just in the past 8 years, but the past 20 years.), and focus on the doers...the people who are in the streets, fields and waterways living their American dream and working to see our great country not only survive but thrive. Locally, in my small town, I hear way too many folks sound like they're giving up because they feel they are barely existing so, why even bother to try anymore.
Would be nice but no candidate I know of will ever do that. Too many people to listen to. Then, do you only listen to the majority? If so who is that...

Reactions: Sandie33
Interesting. I dont think he lacks critical thinking skills.

Would be nice but no candidate I know of will ever do that. Too many people to listen to. Then, do you only listen to the majority? If so who is that...
Valid point on each account. I'll think on your other points.
I'm just disappointed in the state of current affairs. Who knows, perhaps Donald Trump is the person to begin the forward motion, the catalyst so to say for a new kind of politics in America :D

I feel like whoever is going to be president must cope with, not solve (I mean see us through a la FDR), a dire economic situation that seems unavoidable. The job creation issue under Obama has been misleading and fraught with confusion. The fact remains that we are still dealing with unemployment and underemployment in ways that aren't even properly ascertainable. Vast numbers of Americans are just a few paychecks away from being homeless. Approximately a 6th of Americans are on food stamps presumably because they can't afford to feed themselves and their families. I read somewhere that about 63 million Americans would be unable to handle a $500.00 unexpected bill (that would have been me about 1.5 years ago actually). Homelessness is masked by things like families living in subsidized motels. The Euro and Japanese banks are hitting negative interest rates. That's been a sure harbinger of depression. Not recession. Depression.............. Fixing what the banks and politicians have already done and what will soon be upon us, is beyond any one person, even the POTUS.
I could not agree with you more!
In my opinion, the GOP sacrificed the economy, with the lie of the necessity of austerity, in order to retain political power.

Austerity_2_WM_630.gif

Reactions: PintoBean
In my opinion, the GOP sacrificed the economy, with the lie of the necessity of austerity, in order to retain political power.

Austerity_2_WM_630.gif
Well @Stu canni get some thumbs then?!

Well @Stu canni get some thumbs then?!
I can't decide with post to like...#8 or #7....
also you have to realize that I would not vote for the GOP even if the dems put Dracula on the ticket.

I can't decide with post to like...#8 or #7....
also you have to realize that I would not vote for the GOP even if the dems put Dracula on the ticket.
Can you go over some of the items that make a gop candidate no go for you?

Reactions: Stu
this kinda sums it up
Austerity_2_WM_630.gif

Austerity_2_WM_630.gif
this kinda sums it up
Austerity_2_WM_630.gif
Right. You know thats bs though with getting into a lot of back and forth. So what is it specifically about the gop you dont like. My answer in that regard is easy. Among other things their religious pandering.

Dude ra! that is not bs. If you don't take this stuff seriously then why do you post?

Dude ra! that is not bs. If you don't take this stuff seriously then why do you post?
I dont take items that either are not factual or dont take the entire picture into context seriously.
If you are honestly saying the driving force behind you never voting for gop has to do with the economy a little research will show it is always the gop that recovers the economy after Democrats run it into bankruptcy or near enough to it.

Look at that chart, or any other that shows how the house republicans reacted to stimulus spending once they gained control in 2010 and implemented the crime of starving the economy of much needed federal spending, in direct contrast to every congress' reaction to every recession in modern history.
The recovery we have now is almost solely on the back of private industry which is why it is so spotty and fragile.
by the way, It's the economy, ______, it always is.

Reactions: cvp12gh5
and another thing, if Trump is President then you will see the GOP going on a spending spree greater then GW Bush's.

Reactions: cvp12gh5 and Asa
Look at that chart, or any other that shows how the house republicans reacted to stimulus spending once they gained control in 2010 and implemented the crime of starving the economy of much needed federal spending, in direct contrast to every congress' reaction to every recession in modern history.
The recovery we have now is almost solely on the back of private industry which is why it is so spotty and fragile.
by the way, It's the economy, ______, it always is.
So a single chart explains it all is what you are saying.