[POLL] Your Most Disliked Function? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

[POLL] Your Most Disliked Function?

Which cognitive function do you dislike most?

• Si

Votes: 7 15.6%
  • Se

Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Ni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ne

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Fi

Votes: 9 20.0%
  • Fe

• Ti

Votes: 3 6.7%
  • Te

• Can't Decide/Don't Know/Other

Votes: 10 22.2%

• Total voters
Awwww, Fe is brilliant! //snuggles chaz

Fe does not need to be a sacrifice of self, ever.

I just find Fe annoying that's all. It usually makes me less effective. That's kinda what i meant. ;)

Last edited:
Fe, because it's my week spot and I've developed a very cautious (*cough*paranoid*cough*) stance toward it because of some experiences with emotionally manipulative people.

Last edited:
Why do people dislike Fi?
How does it manifest itself in you?
We're talking about bad Fi. Undeveloped or Teriary/Inferior.
When its dominant or secondary its quite nice. There's way more of the bad than good ones though, and when its the bad, its real bad.

It's probably why we clash so bad with the ESTJ's, their Fi is Inferior.

Fe, because it's my week spot and I've developed a phobia of it from some experiences with emotionally manipulative people.

This^^^ as well.

Why do people dislike Fi?
How does it manifest itself in you?

I've noticed a trend of Fi dislike in some strongly Fe folks; they perceive it as selfish and egocentric, perhaps because it's not likely to submit to social norms and their expectation for the correct standard of behavior. Fi's are also generally less emotionally expressive than Fe's, it may make the Fe user feeling like they give more than they get, thus the perceived selfishness.

Screw you, Te!

We're talking about bad Fi. Undeveloped or Tertiary/Inferior.
When its dominant or secondary its quite nice. There's way more of the bad than good ones though, and when its the bad, its real bad.

It's probably why we clash so bad with the ESTJ's, their Fi is Inferior.

Maybe I'm not following correctly, are you stating that tertiary and inferior Fi == Bad Fi?

Hmm. I don't think Fe is more expressive than Fi. INFPs and ENFPs seem just about as expressive as ENFJ and INFJs, for example. Fi is more likely to keep everything inside but it can also choose to express its true self as well

Last edited:
Se and Ti would be my choices.

Se can be impulsive, over indulgent, too concerned with this physical reality without ever getting a deeper grasp of what really is important.

Ti is just so detailed, critical. I can't stand details and when others point all minor mistakes out. It annoys me.

I said Fi because the bad form of Fi is horridly stubborn, stupid, and judgemental, backstabbing, and most importantly, passive agressive (good Fi is lovely though, it's just rare).
You just said what I'd wanted to say. /bows. Personally, I hate my Fi; mainly because it's not developed well enough.

But as for the most disliked function, if talking about traits we encountered with others, it's pretty much between Fi or Te. Both functions, when bad, became.... horribly, blatantly, self-centered; Fi with added bitchiness, and Te with added standards. =A=

I've noticed a trend of Fi dislike in some strongly Fe folks; they perceive it as selfish and egocentric, perhaps because it's not likely to submit to social norms and their expectation for the correct standard of behavior. Fi's are also generally less emotionally expressive than Fe's, it may make the Fe user feeling like they give more than they get, thus the perceived selfishness.

Good point. but I was thinking Fi is bad because Fi's keep their feelings themselves (anger, annoyance, PAIN). So in a way, their internalized emotions can get them to become more stressed out/depressed? Also, Fi enables one to vividly re-experience past feelings and if those feelings are negative, Fi's are doomed!

Good point. but I was thinking Fi is bad because Fi's keep their feelings themselves (anger, annoyance, PAIN). So in a way, their internalized emotions can get them to become more stressed out/depressed? Also, Fi enables one to vividly re-experience past feelings and if those feelings are negative, Fi's are doomed!
I think .....when Fi became more and more depressed, their function flipped and went into a bad form of Fe. So they whine and whine and destroy themselves and others; basically went self destruct just because.

Similar with Ti, and standards; when pressed, they flipped into bad form of Te and..... overcriticizing becomes rampant.

There seems to be a trend of strong dislike for Fi here..

Which brings me to wonder..do INFJ's and INFP's match? can they relate?..or are there many differences between them..

Which brings me to wonder..do INFJ's and INFP's match? can they relate?..or are there many differences between them..

It's a common stereotype, actually. INFJs and INFPs not getting along, that is. But, of course, it is just a stereotype and it can be overcome. I do wonder what some of our INFPs think about Fe. @Morgain: @aeon:

Really? I thought it's only me and my self-loathing.
They can, or parts of them can; when they have a common cause, I think they can nicely support each other, as long as there are boundaries. Woe be INFJs and INFPs with different causes to work on, and/or without boundaries to protect them from irritating each other. The resulting clash wouldn't be pretty, I think....

it'll go probably like:
INFJs will call INFP's Fi needy, whiny, and silent (until it exploded); and their Ne, random and aimless. Their Si old fashioned, their Te unprofessional.
INFPs will call INFJ's Ni rushing and clueless, and their Fe, subservient and manipulative. Their Ti too criticizing, their Se wild and random.

Moreso because they're pretty similar in thoughts or styles (unlike, say, INFx with ESTx), thus making the differences all too annoying for both parties to withstand.

Last edited:
To me Fe has a lot of negatives too, actually it came in close with Se and Ti in my vote. I feel as if Fe can be so concerned with social norms, that all sense of individuality is lost. They change who they are to make others happy and therefore making them seem ''fake'' at times. Fe users can at times be overly expressive in their emotions, and need to much validity from others, and depend to much on others. I have some of this negative aspects of Fe listed above, though I am going more towards the INFP route now.

Of course, this are just stereotypes. Fi is I believe more prone to it however, as it is seen as selfish. It is just like the extrovert vs introvert, where introversion is usually the more frowned upon of the two.

It's a common stereotype, actually. INFJs and INFPs not getting along, that is. But, of course, it is just a stereotype and it can be overcome. I do wonder what some of our INFPs think about Fe. @Morgain: @aeon:

The Love of my Life types as INFJ. We live together, and I think we get along quite well. :smile:

My sister is INFJ - and she is, quite simply, a lovely person.

I value Fe very much - it is, after all, my second-strongest function per the usual tests.

One reason, I think, that I do not associate dislike with the F functions is because I don't associate them with emotion or specific behavior. Fe (and Fi) are informed by emotional experience and expression, but they are not emotional in nature themselves - at least according to Jung and Dr. J. H. van der Hoop.

I don't think the like or dislike of a person has much at all to do with functions or type. I do think it has to do with individual needs, communication skills and styles, and values, among other things.

cheers,
Ian