[POLL] Your Most Disliked Function? | Page 5 | INFJ Forum

[POLL] Your Most Disliked Function?

Which cognitive function do you dislike most?

• Si

Votes: 7 15.6%
  • Se

Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Ni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ne

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Fi

Votes: 9 20.0%
  • Fe

• Ti

Votes: 3 6.7%
  • Te

• Can't Decide/Don't Know/Other

Votes: 10 22.2%

• Total voters
I'm more disgusted by the lack of insight in the responses.
I guess that's being offended, or irritated that people are being so wonderfully open about something they obviously don't understand.

After all though, don't mind me.. this is a bitch and rant thread.
If this is what Fe doms do when they get together... cackle and nit pick at differences... then so be it.
Have your fun.

Exactly.

I was not so bothered by the accusations, I was bothered that this were not insightful, rather they seem accusing and based off personal grudges and experiences. I felt people's emotions dripping all over the place. Point is that this threads usually cause major drama, and there's no way of conducting them without somebody getting hurt.

It's ok to discuss, I just see daily that people emphasize the bad aspects of a personality, like if this was what MBTI is all about, judging others..

Last edited:
Reactions: Morgain
For me, it would have to be a tie between Te and Fi. I mean, I don't dislike any function, but both of those functions are a bit foreign to me and can frustrate me. My sister, an ENTJ, can unleash a whole barrage of Te backed by Fi when she's being stubborn and irritable, and it's just not fun. But, having a ton of xNTJ and xNFP friends, I can't say I have any problems with the functions on a day-to-day basis.

I hate the Te, but only for my personal view. I hate it when I oppress my feelings for logic since may time my feelings were right but I didn't listen to myself. No matter how many time feelings try to "REASON" with logic, logic is always the decision maker.

Also when ever i have an intuition, I need to back it up with a logical reason, otherwise I think I'm just over thinking things.

It makes sense that the judging functions are most disliked, because we all have our own way of judgement and other peoples methods of judgement is often quite irratating. Really the entire poll makes lovely sense to me. Everyones reasons for disliking the function they dislike the most also makes sense to me.

Exactly.

I was not so bothered by the accusations, I was bothered that this were not insightful, rather they seem accusing and based off personal grudges and experiences. I felt people's emotions dripping all over the place. Point is that this threads usually cause major drama, and there's no way of conducting them without somebody getting hurt.

It's ok to discuss, I just see daily that people emphasize the bad aspects of a personality, like if this was what MBTI is all about, judging others..

Se and Ti would be my choices.

Se can be impulsive, over indulgent, too concerned with this physical reality without ever getting a deeper grasp of what really is important.

Ti is just so detailed, critical. I can't stand details and when others point all minor mistakes out. It annoys me.
*COUGH COUGH COUGH*
Oh look!
So now tell me how exactly this is so very insightfully and how we aren't allowed to talk about Fi in this manner but you can say this about Se and Ti?

How's about we let people post their opinions without killing them over it k?

Again, taking our last few encounters with poor presentation/interpretation of function criticism into account, let's just be mindful of the way we word our posts concerning functions pro's and con's from this point on. There is no need to turn this into a blame game.

This thread is making me very generally uneasy, considering the direction in which it seems to be going.

I couldn't vote (well, I went with the last option) because I don't particularly dislike any functions. They say the opposite of love is simply apathy. And, anyway, it's all kind of like Superman trying to decide which one of his superpowers he hates the most. I like all of my cognitive functions. I might not always appreciate the way in which I put them to use, but I am consistently working on strengthening all of my functions and putting them to the best use. So on and so forth...

I don't mean to flake out. I really just couldn't decide. It's much easier for me to decide when I do like something than to decide when I don't.

Last edited:
Superman trying to decide which one of his superpowers he hates the most.
The rest of the justice league? XD
Naw, hes as nice as the guy using his costume in his avatar (VH).

Superman trying to decide which one of his superpowers he hates the most.
I can decide what I like and dislike in anything really, and I could with this as well if I were in that posistion. It could just be me, but I am able to catagorize pretty much anything. It is a huge part of what makes me, me.

Reactions: Blind Bandit
I can decide what I like and dislike in anything really, and I could with this as well if I were in that posistion. It could just be me, but I am able to catagorize pretty much anything. It is a huge part of what makes me, me.

lol i'm the exact opposite to you in this regard, i find it impossible to categorize for sure how i feel about most things :p

lol i'm the exact opposite to you in this regard, i find it impossible to categorize for sure how i feel about most things :p

It's interesting that a lot of my friends can't or don't like doing it as well. It's just inate for me as it puts order and reason to things. That and I love any kind of satistical data, and this just creates it. It's also not so much how I feel about it, it's more of just choosing order. To me nearly anything can be catagorized. It's always fleeted me why this angers some people (nor do I underatand their explinations of it).

It's interesting that a lot of my friends can't or don't like doing it as well. It's just inate for me as it puts order and reason to things. That and I love any kind of satistical data, and this just creates it. It's also not so much how I feel about it, it's more of just choosing order. To me nearly anything can be catagorized. It's always fleeted me why this angers some people (nor do I underatand their explinations of it).

Oh I think it's definitely useful to put things in order, a structured environment is so much easier to deal with than a random, chaotic one, but for me it's really hard to discern between the various shades of grey. like in one situation it would be black, in another white; in certain contexts you'd prefer using Fe, in another Te, so how would you decide which is your dominant function? imo it would involve some level of bias. I think if you want to be completely objective about it and for your judgment to be maximally useful, you'd have to stand apart from the situation and look at it from a third person's point of view, and that's not always possible.

I can relate to you in wanting to put order to things. I categorize everything in my mind, and everything for me almost fits into this mental web I have. I could even formulate a hierarchy of functions, ordering them from my most- to least-liked. For some reason, however, it's just not within me to easily point things out and say that I dislike them. I don't necessarily dislike many people or things. It would require a significant effort to evoke a negative enough judgment/reaction from me. Otherwise, there are varying degrees to which I like things, and then there are things for which I have little or no opinions. I can't dislike them if I see that they have some use in the world or if other people enjoy them.

Oh I think it's definitely useful to put things in order, a structured environment is so much easier to deal with than a random, chaotic one, but for me it's really hard to discern between the various shades of grey. like in one situation it would be black, in another white; in certain contexts you'd prefer using Fe, in another Te, so how would you decide which is your dominant function? imo it would involve some level of bias. I think if you want to be completely objective about it and for your judgment to be maximally useful, you'd have to stand apart from the situation and look at it from a third person's point of view, and that's not always possible.

This post, I feel, explains what I meant to say far better than I could. I see gray areas, and not in black and white. I can put in a little bit of structure, as I mentioned above. I generally can't rule things out altogether, though.

Last edited:
Offended? No. Amused? You bet! :thumb:

cheers,
Ian

Reactions: DoveAlexa
...I honestly think that Fi and Fe would always get the most votes if there were a full array of types. These are the emotional functions, and people get the most annoyed by other people being emotional, by and large.

Fi and Fe are cognitive functions that judge. They are not emotional in nature in the slightest.

Fi and Fe can (and do) use emotional information as part of their source material by which a judgement is made, but they are not emotional in nature in and of themselves.

cheers,
Ian

Fi and Fe are cognitive functions that judge. They are not emotional in nature in the slightest.

Fi and Fe can (and do) use emotional information as part of their source material by which a judgement is made, but they are not emotional in nature in and of themselves.

cheers,
Ian
Also, Fe and Fi are the more people focused of the judging functions. Its like being more concerned of your workers in a factory as per making profit than the machinery of the factory.

In reality functions do not exist independently of each other. It's useful to analyze a function in itself, but not when it comes to like/dislike, because then you can only relate to whole persons, and their functional interactions. Thus, the poll gives a somewhat wrong impression.

well this is pritty much what I tried to explain with my post, I probably really suck at it ... I'm sorry

but I'll stop my moral quest right here

TDHT: Fi paired with Te? Well...Te and Fi limit each other. Te is based on the practical, often scientific manipulation of systems, while Fi is more about the values and ethics of the situation. Also Fi reminds the individual that every person is an individual and as such, should be treated as one. Fi is all about everyone being themselves instead of giving away a bit of themselves to fit a social contract. I also think a INTJs view of what's practical comes from Fi as well

I agree!
I also use Fi and Te all the time (as far as I'm right about my observations). They are to me like the Jackal and mister hide. I have to switch in a total different person when I use Te. And because I have to use it at my job all the time, I have to switch to mister hide every day. If I try to do my job with Fi, my head is to cloudy to do anything properly. Te helps me to organize my work, make correct judgement calls based on rationals instead of morals (I can't use morals while working in a lab).

But when Te is up, Fi seem to be vanished and I have a really hard time to find my own moral grounds, my own identity again. This really has been the biggest challenge of my life, I can't make them work together properly. And what realy bothers me is that when I really want to use Fi all the way, Te always have to come in nagging that what I'm trying to do is not practical enough and that I will end very badly if I continue that way. Because of that, I can never follow my passions all the way...

Is there anyone who can let there Te and Fi work together harmoniously?

gloomyoptimist said:
For me, it would have to be a tie between Te and Fi. I mean, I don't dislike any function, but both of those functions are a bit foreign to me and can frustrate me. My sister, an ENTJ, can unleash a whole barrage of Te backed by Fi when she's being stubborn and irritable, and it's just not fun. But, having a ton of xNTJ and xNFP friends, I can't say I have any problems with the functions on a day-to-day basis.

great post!
This is what I ment, this is a judgement about a function, or interaction between functions but she als provid us with a context and an attempt to understand why these functions can bother her!

I guess that is a way for Te and Fi to work together, lol. I think I do that too when I'm irritated and stubborn. I really don't like myself when I do that but it is hard to stop. Especially when it happens with my father. I think my father is a an IXTJ so he uses Te and Fi as well. And we are a fine pair when we are both irritated and stubborn.

Last edited:
Naw, hes as nice as the guy using his costume in his avatar (VH).

Awww.... that made my day. Thanks!

Personally, I think one thing is abundantly clear. If anyone has a problem with a particular function, it is their problem, not the function and certainly not the problem of the person who uses the function.

I know that my problem with any function or combination of functions is my problem. I should not be so demanding of people or place external expectations on them that they have not placed on themselves, and most importantly I should not hold people to my own standards.

great post!
This is what I ment, this is a judgement about a function, or interaction between functions but she als provid us with a context and an attempt to understand why these functions can bother her!
wouldn't this make this thread more of a bitch-and-moan thread? o__o; I can give you the context of what I'd said; but I stopped because I thought it'll be more of a personal bitching... o_O

wouldn't this make this thread more of a bitch-and-moan thread? o__o; I can give you the context of what I'd said; but I stopped because I thought it'll be more of a personal bitching... o_O

IMO you can bitch and moan as much as you want if you also try to understand why it is you are irritated by something and how you can do something about it.

but I guess that it is my moral truth ...