[POLL] Your Most Disliked Function? | Page 6 | INFJ Forum

[POLL] Your Most Disliked Function?

Which cognitive function do you dislike most?

• Si

Votes: 7 15.6%
  • Se

Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Ni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ne

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Fi

Votes: 9 20.0%
  • Fe

• Ti

Votes: 3 6.7%
  • Te

• Can't Decide/Don't Know/Other

Votes: 10 22.2%

• Total voters
IMO you can bitch and moan as much as you want if you also try to understand why it is you are irritated by something and how you can do something about it.

but I guess that it is my moral truth ...
Well, I can understand if that's the case, I think .__.;

I said bad Fi is incredibly selfish because I saw..people, running away towards self destruction for that. A friend (ISFP) ran away towards instant gratification over family and relationship problems; then whining, blaming herself ("I SHOULD NOT DONE THAT! I SHOULD JUST DIE!") when doing..nothing...to....solve...it... I myself, under stress, became whiny and very willing to trample over others for my own....cause, or sometimes even worse, comfort.

While badly used Te is very...cruel, cold (even WITH emotions inside), sometimes even ruthless; trampling over intangible values. A conversation with two NTs went over; that when needed, they might have trampled over NF's emotions because sometimes it's just what needs to be done. (in context, no, they aren't ruthless at all; they are one of the nicest person I've met but it was a sign of what they have in store)

examples of both usages are my ESTJ father. His Fi is very, very hidden under his domineering, controlling Te; he trampled over other people's moral value and feelings (either by proving his standard was right, or proving that feelings or things that have no tangible values are USELESS; his favorite words are "get real. Life is real.") in exchange of gratifying his own. thus it gave an unfortunate implication of trying to control the world just because of insecurity (I..don't think so, but.....)

Ugh, I feel like whining unnecessarily; but yeah.

thank you, this explains a lot!

Well, I can understand if that's the case, I think .__.;

I said bad Fi is incredibly selfish because I saw..people, running away towards self destruction for that. A friend (ISFP) ran away towards instant gratification over family and relationship problems; then whining, blaming herself ("I SHOULD NOT DONE THAT! I SHOULD JUST DIE!") when doing..nothing...to....solve...it... I myself, under stress, became whiny and very willing to trample over others for my own....cause, or sometimes even worse, comfort.

not judging about your observations but isn't it possible that the "ran towards instant gratification" is caused by Se or the combinationi of SeFi? Because I always thought that the living in the present was more of an Se thing?

While badly used Te is very...cruel, cold (even WITH emotions inside), sometimes even ruthless; trampling over intangible values. A conversation with two NTs went over; that when needed, they might have trampled over NF's emotions because sometimes it's just what needs to be done. (in context, no, they aren't ruthless at all; they are one of the nicest person I've met but it was a sign of what they have in store)
yes I have seen this too. It is actually the way I'm raised. But I think in some occations, like in live treathening occations you have to do what needs to be done even though you step on someones feelings.

examples of both usages are my ESTJ father. His Fi is very, very hidden under his domineering, controlling Te; he trampled over other people's moral value and feelings (either by proving his standard was right, or proving that feelings or things that have no tangible values are USELESS; his favorite words are "get real. Life is real.") in exchange of gratifying his own. thus it gave an unfortunate implication of trying to control the world just because of insecurity (I..don't think so, but.....)

Ugh, I feel like whining unnecessarily; but yeah.

yeah I can see why that is so annoying! My father is like that too. It is not easy to live as an NF with a father like that :hug: