[POLL] Your Favorite Function? | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

[POLL] Your Favorite Function?

Which is your favorite cognitive function?

• Si

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Se

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Ni

Votes: 10 27.0%
  • Ne

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • Fi

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Fe

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • Ti

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • Te

• Can't Decide/Don't Know/Other

• Total voters
oops voted wrong. supposed to put Ni not Ne

oops voted wrong. supposed to put Ni not Ne

3708146144_8939e295ed.jpg

Ha. If I was going to lie about this, it would be pointless to do it on a forum. What do I care what you people think? As it happens, Fi is probably the function I use most... and I'm not really all that jazzed about it. I just don't really get the whole having a pet function thing. But I've always been more into holism philosophically..

It's not ignorant. You could argue very easily for the like or dislike of any function. The reason is, not all functions are created equal. As an example, my Ni is way different, then say QP's Ni. Same function, but they behave way different in each of us. You can make sound favorites or disfavorites if you look at the exremes of it. When choosing a favorite function I looked at the best possible case, what it looks like when it is a lovely example of what the function should and can be, then the reverse for a bad function.

...and you know how much I like boxes

xc

It's something to talk about, it gives insight to peoples different persectives and how they see and think about the other functions. It's not about doing favors or disfavors, it's about learning and fun.

I don't see how it's doing anyone any favors though.
What is beneficial about picking apart some cognition and favoriting it over others, so that to some extent.. the others get neglected?

spoking like a through INFP I think!
I agree with you, acd. functions are not good or bad in nature, they just are. And they all have there benefits, you can use them all in good and bad ways so there is no way you can or can be allowed to judge over them. Especialy not if that judgement is based on your own, limited understanding of it, such a judgement is just biased and wrong! As a "function user" you can never make an objective judgement about functions. I could never say I like this function and I don't like that function, for 1) I don't know enough about functions to make an objective judgement and 2) all functions are indispensable, only working together they can turn someone in a whole and balanced person.

I'll take Ni. My functions are pretty well balanced and I don't neglect any of them. Ni makes life very interesting and leads to a lot of personal and social insight. It also helps me interpret unusual things.

I like both intuitive functions. Finding a balance between Ni and Ne would be kick ass.

Reactions: DoveAlexa
I like Ti cause its like my own little play land. I love my Ni, but my Ti is more like a toy.

I like me some N-functions. Both of them; I use them both on a regular basis, and I couldn't imagine doing otherwise. Ne makes life colorful and full of possibility, whereas Ni makes it fluid and thoughtful.

I like Ti cause its like my own little play land. I love my Ni, but my Ti is more like a toy.
Eh? How so? I am intrigued by this and what you mean by it. Do you just like figuring things out? Cause I know that can be superfun.

I chose Ne, but i'd choose my Ti as second. With the fairly decent Ti-average i have, i can build on strengths i never knew i had. When i operate in Ti mode, i think more clearly.

If I had to choose a function that doesn't fall under my natural preferences, I think it would be Te. =)

I see that only I voted Se whereas it has 4 votes in most disliked. Am I missing out by not losing keys, bumping into things, stepping in dog crap, or falling over?

I see that only I voted Se whereas it has 4 votes in most disliked. Am I missing out by not losing keys, bumping into things, stepping in dog crap, or falling over?

But falling over is hilarious!

[YOUTUBE]IAamPhvvp8Y[/YOUTUBE]

But falling over is hilarious!

[YOUTUBE]IAamPhvvp8Y[/YOUTUBE]

I've never considered myself to be lacking a sense of humour, but if my face was any more deadpan while watching that I'd be actually dead.

Reactions: DoveAlexa
me