[POLL] Your Favorite Function? | INFJ Forum

[POLL] Your Favorite Function?

Which is your favorite cognitive function?

• Si

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Se

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Ni

Votes: 10 27.0%
  • Ne

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • Fi

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Fe

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • Ti

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • Te

• Can't Decide/Don't Know/Other

• Total voters

IndigoSensor

Product Obtained
Retired Staff
Nov 12, 2008
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
1w2 sx/so/sp
Simple question (and I suspect there will be a wee bit of bias here), which of the 8 cognitive functions is your favorite one? It could be for any reason at all (internal or external). Of course, why is it your favorite function?'

There is also a thread for your most disliked function to go along with this one

Intuition. It is my best friend for many years and is. Now i can't explain why i like this function. :(

a brief description of the functions would really help here :)

Ne, because . . .

Extraverted iNtuiting involves noticing hidden meanings and interpreting them, often entertaining a wealth of possible interpretations from just one idea or interpreting what someone’s behavior really means. It also involves seeing things “as if,” with various possible representations of reality. Using this process, we can juggle many different ideas, thoughts, beliefs, and meanings in our mind at once with the possibility that they are all true. This is like weaving themes and threads together. We don’t know the weave until a thought thread appears or is drawn out in the interaction of thoughts, often brought in from other contexts. Thus a strategy or concept often emerges from the here-and-now interactions, not appearing as a whole beforehand. Using this process we can really appreciate brainstorming and trust what emerges, enjoying imaginative play with scenarios and combining possibilities, using a kind of cross-contextual thinking. Extraverted iNtuiting also can involve catalyzing people and extemporaneously shaping situations, spreading an atmosphere of change through emergent leadership.
http://www.cognitiveprocesses.com/extravertedintuiting.html

Last edited:
Se. As I know what a lack of it can do to a person.

Reactions: IndigoSensor
Shut up
I didn't actually knock down the light fixture.

Only because I sprang into action and saved it from the malicious woman who attacked it.

I said Te because it is so wonderfully efficent (in the good form of it, bad Te is bad), non judgemental, clean, decisive, and linear.

Only because I sprang into action and saved it from the malicious woman who attacked it.
That was not a malicious attack, it was a cheer of triumph and the fixture was in the way.

a brief description of the functions would really help here :)

Honestly did google search. This is why i love my Ni.

ENFPs sometimes make serious errors in judgment. They have an amazing ability to intuitively perceive the truth about a person or situation, but when they apply judgment to their perception, they may jump to the wrong conclusions.

That was not a malicious attack, it was a cheer of triumph and the fixture was in the way.

IT'S BEEN THERE FOR 4+ YEARS, HOW COULD YOU NOT NOTICE IT!

Massive Se and Si failure.

IT'S BEEN THERE FOR 4+ YEARS, HOW COULD YOU NOT NOTICE IT!

Massive Se and Si failure.
Whoopsie!
jj.png

Fi+Se+Ni when working in unison, beautiful!

I like them all the same.. Each and every one is necessary and adds to the others.
As a habit, I'm not prone to relying on Te or Ti as often as I use Fi and Ne.
But I can see as I age, that naturally I am developing those functions more.

Last edited:
Like a biased INFJ, I was stuck between Ni and Fe. Had to choose Ni, though. To me it's just the coolest one.

I like them all the same.. Each and every one is necessary and adds to the others.

You are a lying liar that lies!

You naturally prefer some functions over others right?
I sense there is favoritism within you; you just don't want to admit it!
:m177:

Last edited: