Pet Peeves | Page 8 | INFJ Forum

Pet Peeves

Dish! Dish! Dish!
He simply chomps his gum. I absolutely hate it. I look at him with hatred. I am sure he can tell. I will be on the other side of the gym and all I can hear is him chomping his damn gum. Whenever he comes in, we all know. And it's not just me it bothers. It's everyone. It has to be. It's so obnoxious and in such quick procession. I hate it. I hate it. I hate it. More than the girl that stares at me.

When someone hurts another person and instead of taking responsibility for their actions and apologizing, they spend an infinite amount of time and energy blaming other people for their weird behavior.

Their perseverance is almost impressive. When you weigh the differences, on the one hand you have a few days, weeks, or months of sincere remorse and admission of guilt, and on the other hand you have a lifetime of blaming other people for your mistakes. Hmmm, tough choice - a few months vs. 75 years. Pardon the sarcasm, but is this rocket science??

He simply chomps his gum. I absolutely hate it. I look at him with hatred. I am sure he can tell. I will be on the other side of the gym and all I can hear is him chomping his damn gum. Whenever he comes in, we all know. And it's not just me it bothers. It's everyone. It has to be. It's so obnoxious and in such quick procession. I hate it. I hate it. I hate it. More than the girl that stares at me.
O_O Perhaps you can nicely ask him to chomp more silently?

When someone hurts another person and instead of taking responsibility for their actions and apologizing, they spend an infinite amount of time and energy blaming other people for their weird behavior.

Their perseverance is almost impressive. When you weigh the differences, on the one hand you have a few days, weeks, or months of sincere remorse and admission of guilt, and on the other hand you have a lifetime of blaming other people for your mistakes. Hmmm, tough choice - a few months vs. 75 years. Pardon the sarcasm, but is this rocket science??
Now a certain logic must be considered; for those people, can they even take responsibility for their actions? Are they even seeing their reaction as anything but the most righteous one (or at least, better)?

I know. I have been one of them. Probably still are >_>;

Now a certain logic must be considered; for those people, can they even take responsibility for their actions? Are they even seeing their reaction as anything but the most righteous one (or at least, better)? I know. I have been one of them. Probably still are >_>;

I probably should have put that post in the vent thread. I had to get that out, it was grating on me :rant: It just seems so much easier to apologize and move on. Sometimes people just don't make any sense :eek:hwell:

I probably should have put that post in the vent thread. I had to get that out, it was grating on me :rant: It just seems so much easier to apologize and move on. Sometimes people just don't make any sense :eek:hwell:
Nooo that's alright. If that grated you, that's your pet peeve!

indeed, humans and our little fuckups.

People with horrible manners drive me insane. Close-talkers don't particularly make me happy either.

Reactions: Azazel
people who wear their pants all the way under the ass, also skinny jeans, which make them walk like a geisha... incredibly slow too. but I watch with fascination every single time I see it!

not exactly the ones I wanted but it comes close
saggy_pants--300x450.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Quiet and cvp12gh5
Haha, I have a few a that help me feel bad... :(

• People leaving me a message that only says "Call me." It makes me feel like their lap dog or something, and tell me what you're calling about! I can tell you every time I'm very tempted to not even call these people back.
  • Non-emergency phone calls in the late night.
  • Shouting to me instead of walking over and talking in a normal voice.
  • The norm that says it's rude or improper to turn down a gift; and people who try to emotionally force you to accept their gifts. Get over it, it's not about you. Did you really get this for me or just to boost your ego? (Perhaps a highly controversial pet peeve.)
  • People who presume to speak for a group without having asked the members of the group, esp. when they use "we" when in fact they mean "I" or "Me." Such as the woman on the farthest right in this video:
    [video=youtube;-dCtt_3TA84]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dCtt_3TA84[/video]
Luckily these peeves can be solved by simply talking with people.

Also, I think other things, such as being stood up, are things that most everyone finds troublesome, so wouldn't be a pet peeve (a pet peeve is something that not everyone or most people would find bothersome, but is to you).

people who can't stop talking , they talk about every damn thing happens in their life , these people are driving me crazy !
people who are so critical and negative (when nobody asks for their opinion) i go like , " bro , chill ! , keep your negativity to your self " :m185:
oh and that kind of people who can't stop talking about how great and awesome they are , " oh please , GIVE ME A BREAK ! " :m106:

Last edited:
small-talk is my biggest pet-peeve, the one that is forced and hardly makes sense and nobody's really interested but they think they have to find something...anything to say.:m106:
I'll take one meaningful talk over 10 small-talks any time.

Reactions: #@&5&49
I guess these are things that annoy me:

When people ask me retarded questions at work and I have to figure out a way to answer them without sounding condescending.

When someone borrows a book from my bookshelf and puts it back in the wrong place and/or upside down.

When music is being played at such a low volume that it's almost inaudible, but still loud enough to act as an annoying background noise.

When people ignore diacritical marks and accents because they do not understand their function, or when they think that if you romanize a language that uses a different writing system, it'll still make sense to speakers of that language.

When someone borrows a book from my bookshelf and puts it back in the wrong place and/or upside down.
or never gives it back...

people who wear their pants all the way under the ass, also skinny jeans, which make them walk like a geisha... incredibly slow too. but I watch with fascination every single time I see it!

not exactly the ones I wanted but it comes close
saggy_pants--300x450.jpg

How could that even be comfortable?! Damn. He might as well not even wear pants, for that matter, lol. 'Drafty' I would think too. People are so silly. Such an awful look!

How could that even be comfortable?! Damn. He might as well not even wear pants, for that matter, lol. 'Drafty' I would think too. People are so silly. Such an awful look!
I can't figure out why the arse is all outside hmmm and those aren't even skinny jeans, skinny jeans is something even more macabre, I think. Any day I'm in downtown I find myself walking behind such a set of pants. Slooooooowly and tbh, I'm annoyed when someone walks so slowly in the middle of the way and there is no way of getting by but shouting at them. I don't want to see their buttcracks! :scared: I have many baggy pants but none of them show my arse... I can't figure it out and where it came from.