PAX: Simplicity | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

PAX: Simplicity

Those moments are more or less what I live for.

Before: :confused: After: :hail: A bit later on: :ranger:

I would like to know how to stay in "after" mode. :)

wahahaha that is exactly like me!!!!!!!!! I want to stay in after mode to, if you have found the way, please tell me :becky:

I think I've always been easily bogged down when around too many things at once since I was a child. Too many on the external as well as internal. So it was natural for me to gravitate or yearn for something simpler. The less I had, the more ease I felt. There was always a search for that, I feel drawn to breaking everything down. I think this applies to a lot of HSPs..

We do live in a pretty noisy world, one with lots and lots of options and offerings screaming at us. I think one has to make some deliberate choices these days, but only perhaps as a way to "prepare the soil" a bit. The journey to true simplicity/clarity takes time and openness because it winds up being so much about inner transformation

This thread is really uplifting and inspiring me. Great posts everyone!

I don't know about you all but I find it frightfully difficult to have these kinds of conversations out among the general populace. I second sumone's observation!

I don't know about you all but I find it frightfully difficult to have these kinds of conversations out among the general populace. I second sumone's observation!

I can't have such conversations among the general populace. Whenever I say that we should accept the world as it is I get comments like "how can you accept the murdering of an innocent child". I don't know what the aswer to that. And when I answer it becomes a never ending debate. You have to open up your mind to be able to grasp this stuff. Not a lot of people are willing to look beyond what is in front of them. In my opinion...

I don't know what the aswer to that.
You are so right...that would be a conversation on a whole other level. There is the world of trouble and turbulence....but there is also the world centered and whole. I think simplicity requires one to operate out of the latter while interacting with the former. You're right, not everybody sees this, although they might if they considered the matter carefully.

Track down:
"Tao te Ching"
Stephen Mitchell translation.
Or simply go to
http://www.crowfeather.net/tao
The Way is simplicity itself.
It works. It is. You can be too.
Simple: not simplistic.

My uncle introduced me to the Tao Te Ching when I was around 15. It was very insightful and it changed my view on a lot of things. I have moved away from the teachings over time I think. I love the idea of eternal balance, it is both enlightening and frightening at the same time.

I should go and give it another read.

There is the world of trouble and turbulence....but there is also the world centered and whole. I think simplicity requires one to operate out of the latter while interacting with the former.

Wauw, this is great. It is like akting out of simplicity into the complex world, right? brilliant said. That is what I have been trying to do for several years now. It is not easy to remember or keep in sight the simplicity when the complex world is overwelming you and tries to convince you that there is no simplicity :becky:!

My uncle introduced me to the Tao Te Ching when I was around 15. It was very insightful and it changed my view on a lot of things. I have moved away from the teachings over time I think. I love the idea of eternal balance, it is both enlightening and frightening at the same time.

I should go and give it another read.

You are sure to find it says something completely different to you this time.
That is its unique and special power.

You are sure to find it says something completely different to you this time.
That is its unique and special power.

Yes that happened to me! First time I read the Tao Te Tjing I knew it was something special but I didn't understand a thing. Years later I read it again and it was like I was hit in the face, everything was clear :becky: