Paris Shootings, Explosion & Hostage Crisis 11/13 | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Paris Shootings, Explosion & Hostage Crisis 11/13

I just made the mistake of checking out Twitter. Underneath the hashtag #Paris, there is #Muslims. It seems every single one of these tweets involves shamelessly and arrogantly disregarding over 100+ French people that have just been murdered, and instead prefer to use this time to lecture everyone on why 'not all Muslims are bad people'. Everybody knows this, but this kind of talk implies that they do not wish for Islam or religion itself to come under any scrutiny, even after so many people have been murdered in its name and branding. For shame. Stand with dignity and stop pandering to self-flagellation and capitulation; that's what Europe needs to do right now.

Helsinki/Stockholm syndrome?

.....I don't even know anymore.

We still don't know the identities so far, I think-- no official response at the very least, but STILL. I think most everyone already has Muslim terrorists in their mind.
And that's sad. And that's...

...ugh.

For once I'd want it to be like, say, Pro America terrorists. Just to shake things up.

I abhor looking at my social media and news blog PRECISELY because of what you're saying here;

posts blaming Islam as a whole and/or Muslim as a whole,
posts blaming France as a whole,
posts blaming Syrian refugees,
calls for extremism,
or God forbid people praising the acts,
Pro guns saying things about good guy and bad guy and guns,
etc,
etc,
etc.

NOT ALL, I know. Even in my Facebook newsfeed there are lots of loving, caring, rational, moderate people.

But.

.....Maybe I too should took a hiatus from social media. BUT FOR HOW LONG

FOR HOW LONG

Either way, it's over 150 victims dying here, yes?

....My deepest sympathies. May they rest in peace; may their loved ones be given strength, love, and togetherness.
May the country and the world as a whole does not fall into hatred and fear.

I feel physically sick. I have friends in Paris who said that the explosion shook their houses and sounded like loud thunder.

Don't blame Islam for this. Violent people do violent acts. People misinterpret religious texts. I can't even.

I can't belive I haven't heard about this till I saw this thread. We should stop blaming Muslims and USA, hate and violence is not the answer, it only causes more hate and violence.

I can't belive I haven't heard about this till I saw this thread. We should stop blaming Muslims and USA, hate and violence is not the answer, it only causes more hate and violence.

It is precisely because people are pretending to care by having candle-lit vigils and ceremonies that this attack has happened. It is precisely because of attitudes displayed in this sentence which completely diverts all attention from the very thing that needs the spotlight from EVERYBODY right now. When are we going to keep hiding the salient fact that we are at war with Islamic fascism? How many more times am I going to see on TWITTER...

View attachment 25779

.......that people are choosing to ignore the dead bodies and prefer to worry about some fantasy French backlash of violence. What are you talking about? Are you suggesting that we do nothing? WE ARE AT WAR! How many dead French people does there need to be in order for this simple fact to be brought out into the open. IS have publically claimed it was an act of war, even the President of France claimed it was an act of war. I am not saddened by the deaths, I am outraged, and please do not think that means I am not sad. I am more than sad, but I am also using whatever knowledge I have of previous attacks to suggest to you that perhaps it is time to do something about this heinous crime by Islamofascists and start working out a plan to defeat them. Now.

I am fuming with rage because I KNEW THIS WOULD HAPPEN. I knew this awfully smug reaction would play out on social media and other forms of communication. It's a cancer and it needs to be shown a dose of reality, not some jumped-up hipster on his phone typing #NotAllMuslimsAreTerrorists. What a bunch of weak, self-flagellating pieces of shit Europe has become, and now we are paying the price of our apathy and discontentment with our own principles. Europe should prove ITSELF wrong and leaders should act accordingly and LEAD us to victory against these Islamic thugs.

I have not heard a single Islamic religious leader stand up and condemn any terrorist act done in the name of the Muslim religion. Not one. Its very hard not to look unfavorably on any religion when its leaders do not stand to condemn acts like this.

Then you're not listening. Here's what The Muslim Brotherhood said earlier today:

"We strongly condemn attacks on innocent civilians anywhere; by individuals,groups or states. Condolences to victims' families. #ParisAttacks"

Then you're not listening. Here's what The Muslim Brotherhood said earlier today:

"We strongly condemn attacks on innocent civilians anywhere; by individuals,groups or states. Condolences to victims' families. #ParisAttacks"

Oh that's perfect. One kind tweet completely rids any crime or wrong-doing by the Muslim Brotherhood. I know you will say that isn't what you are implying, but come on. This is pathetic. This is why I hate Twitter; it can even make this awful group look somewhat nice.

Oh that's perfect. One kind tweet completely rids any crime or wrong-doing by the Muslim Brotherhood. I know you will say that isn't what you are implying, but come on. This is pathetic. This is why I hate Twitter; it can even make this awful group look somewhat nice.

I'm no fan of the Muslim Brotherhood, believe me, but to say that there are no Muslims condemning the attacks just isn't true. How sorry they really are, I can't tell.

Kinda sickening how many people are fishing for likes on social media using this Paris night of terror from yesterday...

Can't say I did not see stuff like this coming though, lots of ISIS members have been spotted all across Europe over the past few months,
guess they aren't here because they changed their ways and gave up on this stuff...

I am also using whatever knowledge I have of previous attacks to suggest to you that perhaps it is time to do something about this heinous crime by Islamofascists and start working out a plan to defeat them. Now.

While I don't think ANYONE would argue that ISIS or all the religious extremist groups should remain, but what sort of action?

Your tone of decrying the moderate sentiment of #NotAllMuslims seems to imply to me that you seek not the moderate, peaceful approach.
Am I correct? (Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.)

Which....I'm sorry, I really beg to disagree.
I live in the biggest Muslim country in the world, and I'm seeing it day by day--
Any sort of military retaliation actually helps the group to proliferate.
Each and every attack ANYONE sent are a very potent fertilizer for the people they are trying to defeat.

Mainly because no matter what religion or belief you pick, they all work the same way.
They find the weak and the poor, the hungry and the lonely, the disenfranchised and the suffering, the stressed and the threatened.
And they bring solace. They bring reasons-- they bring promises.

It is the cycle of revenge and misguided justice. Of people hurting-- and deciding to retaliate back. Of people hungry and trying to survive.

Reactions: Skarekrow

I think there is some question as to who they think is "inoccent". Did they specifically say they people attacked were innocent? You see you can say exactly what they said and still condone the attacks without saying it.

And... the brotherhood are not the spokes people or representives of the religion itself. I may be wrong. Im talking about the religious leaders.

This is horrible!! ;__; Poor people... Oh my. :( #PrayForParis

It is precisely because people are pretending to care by having candle-lit vigils and ceremonies that this attack has happened. It is precisely because of attitudes displayed in this sentence which completely diverts all attention from the very thing that needs the spotlight from EVERYBODY right now. When are we going to keep hiding the salient fact that we are at war with Islamic fascism? How many more times am I going to see on TWITTER...

View attachment 25779

.......that people are choosing to ignore the dead bodies and prefer to worry about some fantasy French backlash of violence. What are you talking about? Are you suggesting that we do nothing? WE ARE AT WAR! How many dead French people does there need to be in order for this simple fact to be brought out into the open. IS have publically claimed it was an act of war, even the President of France claimed it was an act of war. I am not saddened by the deaths, I am outraged, and please do not think that means I am not sad. I am more than sad, but I am also using whatever knowledge I have of previous attacks to suggest to you that perhaps it is time to do something about this heinous crime by Islamofascists and start working out a plan to defeat them. Now.

I am fuming with rage because I KNEW THIS WOULD HAPPEN. I knew this awfully smug reaction would play out on social media and other forms of communication. It's a cancer and it needs to be shown a dose of reality, not some jumped-up hipster on his phone typing #NotAllMuslimsAreTerrorists. What a bunch of weak, self-flagellating pieces of shit Europe has become, and now we are paying the price of our apathy and discontentment with our own principles. Europe should prove ITSELF wrong and leaders should act accordingly and LEAD us to victory against these Islamic thugs.

Listen JJJA I don't how know you can say that people pretend to care, it's ovbious that people do care and that's a way to support the victims' loved ones. I don't wants to hide nothing at all, on the contrary I want to be as clear as I can be. If we continue with this hate, it will be a vicious circle of violence and revenge, it will lead to another another World War. I wouldn't call it Islamic Fascism, IMO it's not about religion, it's about power.

I can't see the attached image. I don't know what evidences do you have to make such statements. People do worry, you're not the only one who cares and that doesn't mean that we don't have to worry about the french backlash, why should suffer even more innocent people? You want justice? Me too, but don't confuse vengeance with justice or religion with politics.
So what do you suggest to solve the problem? We are already in war with ISIS, do you think it's getting better? I don't think so. But I know that violence it's not the answer, violence only leads to more violence. I knew to this would happen, you're not the only one. I agree with you that social media is only a cancer in this cases. There's so much ignorants talking about things that shouldn't be talked so lightly, trivializing about death and war, I hate it. That's what I don't use them it makes me angry, sad and frustrated.
I don't know what is the solution to all this despair, but if I knew I would do what I could to help, belive me. The problem doesn't lay on people like me, but your attitude isn't the solution​

You are not only one that knew what would happen. Some French magazines predicted French 911 attack back in October.
http://www.globalresearch.ca/the-pa...-style-le-11-septembre-a-la-francaise/5488896

You can't blame everything on muslims just because terrorist claim Allah. But IMO this kind of threads are the reason why I think that religion and politics shouldn't be mixed. It only leads to misinterpretation of holy books and prejudice.

So sad. Hate begets hate. Fundamentally, that's what it's all about.

IMO I don't care if it's about Islam or not - terrorism is terrorism and should be handled as the "cancer" it is.
But... what action are we talking about? Is there such a thing as "righteous war"?

For those asking what "action" needs to be taken. The first step at a very basic level is that world leaders need to stand up and ask where the religious leadership for Muslim's is in all this? Ask them to come forward and not only condemn these acts but state that this is not what Islam is about. If they say they wont do that, it needs to be asked why.

I do not know if there is a pope like figure in islam or if there are prominent figures that are looked to from the general Muslim population for guidance etc. If so these people need to come forward and make statements on news stations, radio etc and tell their followers and the world that this is a grotesque misinterpretation of the religion. Make it clear that these people committing these acts are deranged. Because right now I consider myself to be a thinking, tolerant person in regard to other people's beliefs but this is insane. Radical Muslim's want this to be viewed as a holy war even though the rest of the world doesn't see it that way. They want Muslims to start to be targeted by law agencies and quite honestly, they are going to get that. UNLESS Muslim religious leaders condemn these attacks every chance they get as a first step.
Right now the world does not see islam as a peaceful religion and can anyone blame anyone for that?