Finding My Place in the Sun
Banned
Mar 14, 2009
Australia
MBTI
INTJ - A
Enneagram
Man sucked out as explosion forces plane to make emergency landing in Somalia

Mohamed Hassan, a police officer in nearby Balcad, said residents had found a dead body of an old man who they believed had fallen from the Airbus A321.
Local authorities in the Balcad area, about 30 kilometres north of Mogadishu, confirmed the body of the man, believed to have been sucked out of the plane, was found in the area.
A police officer at Mogadishu airport said: "The dead body of the passenger is being transported to Mogadishu." The officer, who asked not to be named, told Reuters that the man was about 55 years old.
"He dropped when the explosion occurred in the plane," he said.
The Daallo Airlines plane was en route to Djibouti in the Horn of Africa when it was forced to land minutes after taking off from Mogadishu airport, Mr Mohamoud said.
One of the plane's passengers Mohamed Ali said that they heard a bang before flames opened a gaping hole in the plane's side.

"I don't know if it was a bomb or an electric shock, but we heard a bang inside the plane," he said.
There was no immediate explanation of the explosion from the airline or Somali government officials.

"Daallo airline was en route to Djibouti but it landed shortly after it took off. A fire exploded and two passengers were slightly wounded," Mohamed Hussein, an agent for Daallo Airlines, the operator of the flight, said.

Daallo flies to several destinations in the Horn of Africa and the Middle East, its website showed.
A source familiar with the investigation said flammable objects are not usually put in that place in an aircraft, though some reports suggested an oxygen bottle may be involved.
However, safety experts say oxygen bottles usually catch fire rather than exploding. Photographs did not show significant damage to overhead panels where such bottles are usually kept.
US government sources claimed investigators believed a bomb was the potential cause of the explosion.
Experts have praised the actions of the crew in landing the plane with just two of the 74 passengers being injured.
Somalia faces an insurgency perpetrated by the Somali Islamic extremist group al-Shabab, which is responsible for many deadly attacks across the nation.
AP, Reuters

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/world/explosi...in-somalia-20160202-gmkav3.html#ixzz3zA2sCQiK

It may seem morbid, but I'm going to hedge a bet that the man who was sucked out of the plane was a terrorist. If so, he must be pretty dumb, to be the only person killed. If he was just a victim, what a horrible way to die - the plane was at low altitude, so if he survived the explosion/exit consciously, he would have been conscious when he hit the ground.

A lucky escape for everyone else thankfully - again because the plane was at low altitude, there was no explosive decompression.

I do not know anyone who has ever successfully argued for a high level of intelligence concerning terrorists.

Africa..

If he was a terrorist planning on killing everyone aboard, good riddance.
If not, wrong place wrong time amigo ~

also why does the "electric shock" link bring me to -----New SM Sex Adult toy electric shock Amazing penis ring expander
Does not sound legit or safe.

Last edited:
Reactions: Elegant Winter
If he was a terrorist planning on killing everyone aboard, good riddance.
If not, wrong place wrong time amigo ~

also why is the "electric shock" link bring me to -----New SM Sex Adult toy electric shock Amazing penis ring expander
Does not sound legit or safe.

I would seriously feel sorry of the dead man's friends if it turns out that the explosion was caused by the failure of a high-capacity lithium battery in a sex toy/device. Him getting sucked out of the plane would probably become an enduring african fable.

Update:

They have found TNT residue on the man's body. Apparently he got through customs using a wheelchair and may have packed the explosives into a portable computer.

After so much trouble, he's the only one sucked out of the plane/killed. Mega stupid fail.

I'll bet that islamists consider him a "glorious martyr" anyway. Mega stupid fail.

Update:

They have found TNT residue on the man's body. Apparently he got through customs using a wheelchair and may have packed the explosives into a portable computer.

After so much trouble, he's the only one sucked out of the plane/killed. Mega stupid fail.

I'll bet that islamists consider him a "glorious martyr" anyway. Mega stupid fail.

I'm really glad he was the victim of his own heinous plot. I originally was horrified and pictured something akin to the Leon Klinghoffer situation, which is so horrible I get sad and angry every time I think of it.

Update:

Hopefully he had some time to reflect on the way down.

Reactions: acd