Near Death Experiences (NDEs) | INFJ Forum

Near Death Experiences (NDEs)

nah never had one...my guardian angels wont let me hehe over protective things they are!

No, I've never personally had one (unless you count an experience where I almost died) but I have read an absolutely remarkable one. It's a novel called "Embraced by the light" by Betty Eady. It took me on such an imaginative journey. I must say that they really are a trip! Whether they're real or not, they must be quite an experience for those that go through them.

I've read that NDE's are really only the result of chemicals in ones brain or something as they're heart stops beating...or something like that. But that just makes it boring lol.

I also would love to hear any stories if anyone has had one. : )

Reactions: JGirl
Yes, it is very interesting but I haven't had one either. Well, there was that one time I had a bad experience with homemade salsa! But no.....I only WANTED to die then!!

Reactions: Moxie
I'm fascinated by NDE's. Has anyone on the forum had one? Did it change your life?

I read stories and articles from this site a lot:

http://www.near-death.com/index.html

I've never had one, but I'd love to hear stories of anyone who has.

No, havent had one. But i am interested in what they brought back with them....:m129:

Ugh... I nearly got dragged out into the English Channel by a random current in the Cornish sea (I was pretty sure I was going to drown until I managed to launch myself off the top of a wave and out of the current). I hate swimming in the sea. Bad things always happen :(
Also, I've nearly been hit by a car a couple of times ^^" I tend to daydream while I walk.

The sea experience just made me convinced not to go back in. You would have thought after the moonlit jellyfish, the sandbank and a couple of near-drownings I'd have had more sense really.

Last edited:
I read that one too! It is fascinating that there are so many stories.

Wasn't it amazing! And so deep on some parts. I agree. You'd think that with stories like this, they'd be much more popular.

I OD a while back and it landed me in the hospital. I had the most vivid dream while KO'd and wrote about it. There was a never ending tunnel with a clock bleeding colors, for a while I could fly, demonic and angelic voices, and at one point I was standing over myself in the hospital bed. When the doctors went to do something I felt a huge suction power that I tried to fight. It was too strong and I was sucked back into my body. Woke up hours later and fled the hospital. Definitely not an experience I want to ever repeat, but I learned emense amounts about myself and grew up a lot in an extremely short period of time.

I OD a while back and it landed me in the hospital. I had the most vivid dream while KO'd and wrote about it. There was a never ending tunnel with a clock bleeding colors, for a while I could fly, demonic and angelic voices, and at one point I was standing over myself in the hospital bed. When the doctors went to do something I felt a huge suction power that I tried to fight. It was too strong and I was sucked back into my body. Woke up hours later and fled the hospital. Definitely not an experience I want to ever repeat, but I learned emense amounts about myself and grew up a lot in an extremely short period of time.

Wow.
Do you remember feeling at all afraid while in that tunnel? I've read a few descriptions about the long, winding tunnel and I must say that they always creep me out.

Wow.
Do you remember feeling at all afraid while in that tunnel? I've read a few descriptions about the long, winding tunnel and I must say that they always creep me out.
Yeah, in all honesty it was terrifying. It was never ending in both directions and the only thing there was the clock. I felt like I was trapped in there for days, starving and thirsty. The tunnel definitely didn't lead to anywhere. The only way out was through the clock, and even that was terrifying. Imagine the colors of willy wonka but with a devilish twist.

Yeah, in all honesty it was terrifying. It was never ending in both directions and the only thing there was the clock. I felt like I was trapped in there for days, starving and thirsty. The tunnel definitely didn't lead to anywhere. The only way out was through the clock, and even that was terrifying. Imagine the colors of willy wonka but with a devilish twist.

That is extremely bone-chilling. I know I'd be kicking and screaming to return to my body. I'm glad that in the end, things turned out alright. :-l

I'm fascinated by NDE's. Has anyone on the forum had one? Did it change your life?

I read stories and articles from this site a lot:

http://www.near-death.com/index.html

I've never had one, but I'd love to hear stories of anyone who has.

I've never had anything like MF describes--and nothing like the ones on the site you gave the link for--just a night when I was told by the docs in ICU that it was unlikely I'd live through the night and if I had any good-bys to say, I'd better do it now. There was no long, dark tunnel, other than the length of that night which I spent staring at a card my sons had sent with their father that read: "Hang in there, Mom" and pictured a kitten hanging precariously by one claw to a small twig. I stayed awake al night, afraid if I went to sleep I'd never wake up. I thought about a lot of things as those long, silent hours dragged by, punctuated only bu nurses coming in to take my vital signs, which remained vital. The main thing to come out of it was the realization that I wasn't ready to say good-by to my children and I wanted to be a good mother. As a result of that, when the ICU folks sent in a psychiatric consult a few days later and he diagnosed me for the third time with bipolar, I agreed to take meds and have stayed on them ever since. Meds didn't make me a perfect mother, but they went a long way toward changing my life.

I was newly divorced, newly sober and newly disabled. The nextt year or so was pretty rough, but a lot of what got me out of bed every morning was the hope I'd have another chance at being a good parent to my boys.

Pretty soggy, I know, but that's the closest I've come to an NDE and it had a profound effect on my life.

Reactions: Moxie
I nearly bled to death in the hospital bed within an hour of returning to my room after a hernia surgery after I had my second child.

To be honest...it is the way to go. You fade out......nothing spectacular.

My heart stopped for a good five minutes. Had a pretty stereotypical NDE. Definitely affected me and my thought processes.

Thanks to everyone who shared a story. This has got to be one of the most sensitive subjects you can talk about. Like others here have said I read everything I can on the topic.

Wyote, I don't know if there's a typical NDE, they seem to be unique to the person, but I respect your privacy and thank you for sharing it. :)

It's interesting to hear about the tunnels. I wonder what the purpose of those are, in a spiritual sense. Preparing us for a transition?

No NDEs here...just feelings of, "hey I probably shoulda died just then!" I've taken quite a few tumbles in my life and had a couple near-drownings, but I never felt any fear as if the universe were telling me "No, we're not taking you like this."

I've never had anything like MF describes--and nothing like the ones on the site you gave the link for--just a night when I was told by the docs in ICU that it was unlikely I'd live through the night and if I had any good-bys to say, I'd better do it now. There was no long, dark tunnel, other than the length of that night which I spent staring at a card my sons had sent with their father that read: "Hang in there, Mom" and pictured a kitten hanging precariously by one claw to a small twig. I stayed awake al night, afraid if I went to sleep I'd never wake up. I thought about a lot of things as those long, silent hours dragged by, punctuated only bu nurses coming in to take my vital signs, which remained vital. The main thing to come out of it was the realization that I wasn't ready to say good-by to my children and I wanted to be a good mother. As a result of that, when the ICU folks sent in a psychiatric consult a few days later and he diagnosed me for the third time with bipolar, I agreed to take meds and have stayed on them ever since. Meds didn't make me a perfect mother, but they went a long way toward changing my life.

I was newly divorced, newly sober and newly disabled. The nextt year or so was pretty rough, but a lot of what got me out of bed every morning was the hope I'd have another chance at being a good parent to my boys.

Pretty soggy, I know, but that's the closest I've come to an NDE and it had a profound effect on my life.

Anica, You are the most sobering personality I have ever encountered online. Thank you