mytype.com | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

mytype.com

Reading ISFJ from mytpe (http://mytype.com/reports/d_l_/ISFJ.pdf) ... i just don't see myself this way at all, except in the 'Loving' section. I do tend to feel a need to be devoted to someone; had one ex accuse me once of being 'half a person' because of this (which I don't agree with, but hey.)

Reading ISFJ from mytpe (http://mytype.com/reports/d_l_/ISFJ.pdf) ... i just don't see myself this way at all, except in the 'Loving' section. I do tend to feel a need to be devoted to someone; had one ex accuse me once of being 'half a person' because of this (which I don't agree with, but hey.)

Meh, sounds like a typical T response.

Just research Ni vs Si

Are you traditional or focused on the future (vision)? This is a very general question and is by no means comprehensive, but might kick off some thought.

Meh, sounds like a typical T response.

Just research Ni vs Si

Are you traditional or focused on the future (vision)? This is a very general question and is by no means comprehensive, but might kick off some thought.

I am nontraditional, but not forcibly so... I would rather women dominated positions of generalized decision making (read, government and war); I'd be tickled being proposed to by a woman (read, another active thread); I'm dissatisfied with the human condition on earth (hell, I think it's suicidal), and so yearn to change the world. Identify as a progressive/liberal (though I understand the need and uses for conservative viewpoints at the appropriate place and time.)

Anyhow, I shall research what you suggest.

I got INFP, but what I find most interesting is the E/I score. I was only 3% away from the Extrovert, and it fluctuates constantly what side of the line I'm on.

I got INFP, but what I find most interesting is the E/I score. I was only 3% away from the Extrovert, and it fluctuates constantly what side of the line I'm on.

U is da %$#!.

I got another INTJ from mypersonality.info ... SULK;

95% I, 84% N, 58% T, 58% J ...

these results are all over the place; I must be reacting subconsciously to try to have what I want to be the 'right' answer.

Reactions: VH
Yup, there's no way I am a T type. I am a Feeler all the way down to the bone. But I definitely have the T when I need it. Especially, Te.

According to Beebe's theory, if you have ample Te (especially this early in life), you're not likely to be an ENFJ as Te seems like 'evil' to an Fe dominant. Also, while you do exhibit some of the better Te traits, you don't exhibit the most common Te traits, meaning that you don't seem to have developed 'through' them to get to where you are now.

Therefore, my guess is that your Fe and Ti are working in tandem to simulate Te - which would explain how you have the 'upper' Te traits without the 'middle' and 'lower' ones. This would be the case if you feel your way through the big picture (non-rational abstract reasoning that just knows and understands things and 'feels' them) and use your understanding of the details to back that up. Indigo does this very well, and is part of the reason why he's got such a brilliant analytical mind.

When Fe and Ti are forced to work together in tandem to create this right and left brained macro and micro reasoning ...and have the advantage of Ni processing, the effect is nothing short of brilliant. Fe maintains purpose and vision while Ti overcomes details and Ni gives fluidity of thought and amazing troubleshooting.

Just like Indigo, I would be willing to bet you've had a (or even a few) very accomplished Te dominant role model(s) in your life to help you find this balance.

Last edited:
According to Beebe's theory, if you have ample Te (especially this early in life), you're not likely to be an ENFJ as Te seems like 'evil' to an Fe dominant. Also, while you do exhibit some of the better Te traits, you don't exhibit the most common Te traits, meaning that you don't seem to have developed 'through' them to get to where you are now.

Therefore, my guess is that your Fe and Ti are working in tandem to simulate Te - which would explain how you have the 'upper' Te traits without the 'middle' and 'lower' ones. This would be the case if you feel your way through the big picture (non-rational abstract reasoning that just knows and understands things and 'feels' them) and use your understanding of the details to back that up. Indigo does this very well, and is part of the reason why he's got such a brilliant analytical mind.

When Fe and Ti are forced to work together in tandem to create this right and left brained macro and micro reasoning ...and have the advantage of Ni processing, the effect is nothing short of brilliant. Fe maintains purpose and vision while Ti overcomes details and Ni gives fluidity of thought and amazing troubleshooting.

Just like Indigo, I would be willing to bet you've had a (or even a few) very accomplished Te dominant role model(s) in your life to help you find this balance.

Hmm, so two functions can perform the job of another, or part of it. For example, Fe can be simulated by Te + Fi..? (lol, I am shooting in the dark here) This is all so interesting! Is there a link to where I can read more about BeeBe's theory?

You are: The Innovator (ENTP)

In general, ENTPs are known for their quest of the novel and complex. They have faith in their ability to improvise and to overcome any challenges that they face. They are highly independent, and value adaptability and innovation. They may be several steps ahead of others in encouraging and valuing change. ENTPs hate uninspired routine and resist hierarchical and bureaucratic structures that are not functional. They need freedom for action. With their entrepreneurial tendencies and broad understandings, they push against all odds to further their projects. They are at their best in changing circumstances in which they can develop conceptual models and devise strategies to effectively navigate through change.

You are clearly an Extrovert
You scored 89% in the direction of Extraversion, which means you are clearly an Extrovert. People who are clearly Extroverts are naturally active and social people. They spend lots of time outwardly expressing themselves through conversation, collaboration, or recreation. They draw energy from this sort of interaction and quickly grow restless if they have to spend too much time alone or not engaged in some sort of activity.

You are an iNtuitive
You scored 36% in the direction of iNtuition, which means you are an iNtuitive. iNtuitives like to discuss ideas and tend to approach new information intuitively, focusing on the "big picture" rather than specific details. They find the future more interesting than the past, because they can shape it. While they recognize the value of down-to-earth practicality and concrete experience, they tend to emphasize the importance of imagination and inspiration.

You are clearly a Thinker
You scored 79% in the direction of Thinking, which means you are clearly a Thinker. People who are clearly Thinkers are tough, objective, and calculating. They do not let emotions get in the way of reason or cloud their judgment. They seek and express the truth, however ugly it may be. Their words are precise, direct, and sometimes critical.

You are clearly a Perceiver
You scored 97% in the direction of Perceiving, which means you are clearly a Perceiver. People who are clearly Perceivers lead a flexible, spontaneous lifestyle and avoid making definite plans whenever possible. They get excited by starting something new but find it difficult to finish. They see all sides of every situation, so much so that it is often unclear to them what's "right". When faced with a decision, they will put it off for as long as possible in order to consider all their options. Even once the decision is made, they often second guess themselves.

INFJ

You are clearly an Introvert
You scored 91% in the direction of Introversion, which means you are clearly an Introvert. People who are clearly Introverts are reserved, quiet, and contemplative. They dislike the social pressures of large groups and being the center of attention, but are not necessarily shy. They frequently spend time alone in order to reflect and "recharge".

You are clearly an iNtuitive
You scored 92% in the direction of iNtuition, which means you are clearly an iNtuitive. People who are clearly iNtuitives are so focused on the "big picture" that they often overlook the details. Because of this, some people may see them as absent-minded. But don't be fooled: these iNtuitives quickly notice underlying patterns, hidden relationships and ironies that others miss. They enjoy considering the ways people or ideas are connected and are constantly thinking about the future, particularly how to change it.

You are clearly a Feeler
You scored 50% in the direction of Feeling, which means you are clearly a Feeler. People who are clearly Feelers are very supportive and appreciative of others, making those around them feel comfortable and welcome at all times. They prefer to avoid conflict and instead focus on the positive. They are very people-oriented and can quickly read a person's emotional state before a word is exchanged.

You are clearly a Judger
You scored 51% in the direction of Judging, which means you are clearly a Judger. People who are clearly Judgers love to make decisions. Organized and thorough in their work, they make and stick to plans. One of life's small pleasures for them is checking off items on their to-do lists. Every thing in their lives has its place, and they are diligent about putting it there.

You are: The Theorist (INTP)

In general, INTPs are known for their quest for logical purity, which motivates them to examine universal truths and principles. They are constantly asking themselves and others the questions "Why?" and "Why not?". Clear and quick thinkers, they are able to focus with great intensity on their interests. They appreciate elegance and efficiency in thought processes and require them, even more so, in their own communications. They may be seen as unwilling to accept what everyone else regards as truth. While often low key in outward appearance and approach, the INTP is "hard as nails" when challenging a truth. INTPs do not like to deal with the obvious. They are at their best in building conceptual models and developing unusual and complex ideas.

The facebook MyType application (before ti had a seperate website) was the place I first took an MBTI test. I did the MyPersonality application first though, which had already estimate my MBTI type as INTP based on by Big 5 scores. My real life INFJ friend had done the MyPersonality test before we got back in contact too, and had hers MBTI estimated as INFJ, but did not confirm it with an actual MBTI test until I invited her to use the MyType application. I am currently rather active on the MyType forum.

My MyType results said:
You are: The Theorist (INTP)

In general, INTPs are known for their quest for logical purity, which motivates them to examine universal truths and principles. They are constantly asking themselves and others the questions "Why?" and "Why not?". Clear and quick thinkers, they are able to focus with great intensity on their interests. They appreciate elegance and efficiency in thought processes and require them, even more so, in their own communications. They may be seen as unwilling to accept what everyone else regards as truth. While often low key in outward appearance and approach, the INTP is "hard as nails" when challenging a truth. INTPs do not like to deal with the obvious. They are at their best in building conceptual models and developing unusual and complex ideas.

You are clearly an Introvert

You scored 99% in the direction of Introversion, which means you are clearly an Introvert. People who are clearly Introverts are reserved, quiet, and contemplative. They dislike the social pressures of large groups and being the center of attention, but are not necessarily shy. They frequently spend time alone in order to reflect and "recharge".

You are clearly an iNtuitive

You scored 98% in the direction of iNtuition, which means you are clearly an iNtuitive. People who are clearly iNtuitives are so focused on the "big picture" that they often overlook the details. Because of this, some people may see them as absent-minded. But don't be fooled: these iNtuitives quickly notice underlying patterns, hidden relationships and ironies that others miss. They enjoy considering the ways people or ideas are connected and are constantly thinking about the future, particularly how to change it.

You scored 90% in the direction of Thinking, which means you are clearly a Thinker. People who are clearly Thinkers are tough, objective, and calculating. They do not let emotions get in the way of reason or cloud their judgment. They seek and express the truth, however ugly it may be. Their words are precise, direct, and sometimes critical.

You are clearly a Perceiver

You scored 76% in the direction of Perceiving, which means you are clearly a Perceiver. People who are clearly Perceivers lead a flexible, spontaneous lifestyle and avoid making definite plans whenever possible. They get excited by starting something new but find it difficult to finish. They see all sides of every situation, so much so that it is often unclear to them what's "right". When faced with a decision, they will put it off for as long as possible in order to consider all their options. Even once the decision is made, they often second guess themselves.

------------------------

You are most compatible with: The Sage (INFJ)

In general, INFJs are future oriented, and direct their insight and inspiration toward the understanding of themselves and, thereby, human nature. Their work mirrors their integrity, and it needs to reflect their inner ideals. Solitude and an opportunity to concentrate thoroughly on what counts most is important to them. INFJs prefer to quietly exert their influence. They have deeply felt compassion, and they desire harmony with others. INFJs understand the complexities existing within people and among them. They do not call a great deal of attention to themselves, preferring that their contributions speak for them. They are at their best concentrating on their ideas, ideals, and inspirations.

You like obvious Introverts (97%)
People who are clearly Introverts are reserved, quiet, and contemplative. They dislike the social pressures of large groups and being the center of attention, but are not necessarily shy. They frequently spend time alone in order to reflect and "recharge".

You like iNtuitives (35%)
iNtuitives like to discuss ideas and tend to approach new information intuitively, focusing on the "big picture" rather than specific details. They find the future more interesting than the past, because they can shape it. While they recognize the value of down-to-earth practicality and concrete experience, they tend to emphasize the importance of imagination and inspiration.

You like Feelers (12%)
Feelers are caring, supportive, and appreciative. They naturally reach out to other people, preferring to cooperate and agree rather than argue over who is right. They are comfortable with emotions, both their own and those of others.

You like obvious Judgers (79%)
People who are clearly Judgers love to make decisions. Organized and thorough in their work, they make and stick to plans. One of life's small pleasures for them is checking off items on their to-do lists. Every thing in their lives has its place, and they are diligent about putting it there.

---------------

Your Highest Value is: Universalism

You are focused on issues larger than yourself like world peace and the plight of the poor or otherwise disadvantaged. You appreciate the perspectives and situations of others. You are the first to promote justice and equality for any group, especially those less fortunate. This extends even to future generations, which is why taking care of the environment is also of utmost importance to you.

Influence

You scored in the 21st percentile on Influence, which is low. You do not need to be in control of other people or resources and do not strive for social status or power. The competitive aspect of trying to be influential may even turn you off.

Achievement

You scored in the 8th percentile on Achievement, which is low. You would rather not stress yourself out on trying to "get ahead". Life is too short. You want a good life, but let the person working over-time get the over-achiever awards.

Pleasure

You scored in the 47th percentile on Pleasure, which is average. You balance work and play. While you recognize that you cannot have fun all the time, you do like to regularly treat yourself.

Stimulation

You scored in the 28th percentile on Stimulation, which is low. You want a stable, peaceful life with few surprises and little risk. You prefer to stick to a routine.

Self-direction

You scored in the 84th percentile on Self-direction, which is high. You are creative, freedom-loving, and curious. You enjoy being independent and outside the control of others and may have a particular creative or artistic bent, which you seek to indulge whenever possible.

Universalism

You scored in the 85th percentile on Universalism, which is high. You are drawn towards goals and movements that are larger than yourself. You are very tolerant, peace-loving and close to nature. You are very interested in the welfare and perspectives of all people, and promote justice and equality for all.

Benevolence

You scored in the 61st percentile on Benevolence, which is average. You are loyal, helpful and forgiving towards those close to you, but you are careful not to be taken advantage of. You believe in give and take.

Tradition

You scored in the 69th percentile on Tradition, which is high. You see tradition as the pillar of society and try to uphold it, as you believe everyone should. You recognize that today's world is not as new as it may appear and therefore find the ideas, customs and lessons of the past to be valuable.

Propriety

You scored in the 60th percentile on Propriety, which is average. You tend to follow the rules but also know when to break them. The same thing goes for social norms: you do your best to do the polite and expected thing, but sometimes you have to ignore the norm and go your own way. What the group thinks is important, but you are not about to follow the herd off a cliff.

Security

You scored in the 32nd percentile on Security, which is low. You see many people as too worried about safety. From your perspective, everyone could benefit by relaxing a bit. You know you can't completely control the future, so why worry about it so much?

------------------

You are: The Innocent

Humble, guileless, unpretentious and candid. Innocent types are often shy, don't like to argue, and generally assume that everyone is as honest as they are. This can be a disadvantage if they are working with more cunning and manipulative types. They are usually fairly well-liked, as they are not boastful or demanding.

Extraversion

You scored in the 12th percentile on Extraversion, which is low. You tend to be shy and prefer to avoid crowded social situations. You don't like to take charge of people or activities. You prefer the quiet of being at home and have no trouble entertaining yourself.

Agreeableness

You scored in the 72nd percentile on Agreeableness, which is high. You are always concerned with the feelings of others and tend to put their needs above your own. You are trusting and cooperative, you try to avoid confrontations if possible. You are quick to feel sympathy for others and try to help where you can.

Conscientiousness

You scored in the 21st percentile on Conscientiousness, which is low. You don't like to worry or take things too seriously. You tend to be impulsive and dislike planning things in advance. You're not too concerned with punctuality and organization. You tend to be laid back and like to just go with the flow.

Emotional Stability

You scored in the 64th percentile on Emotional Stability, which is average. You have worries and concerns like everyone else, but you can usually handle them. You aren't unaffected by stressful situations and can get angry or feel overwhelmed. However, it takes a pretty serious situation to elicit a strong reaction. You are able to control your emotional reactions and don't usually have extreme mood changes.

Openness to Experience

You scored in the 74th percentile on Openness to Experience, which is high. You place a high value on creativity and inventiveness. You appreciate beauty and tend to get really involved in artistic experiences. You are adventurous and are always looking to try new things. You value intelligence in others and enjoy having intellectual debates and having your views challenged. You are always ready to challenge authority, convention, and traditional values.

INFJ
I: 59%
N: 8%
F: 28%
J: 95%

INTJ

You scored 66% in the direction of Introversion, which means you are clearly an Introvert. People who are clearly Introverts are reserved, quiet, and contemplative. They dislike the social pressures of large groups and being the center of attention, but are not necessarily shy. They frequently spend time alone in order to reflect and "recharge"

You scored 27% in the direction of iNtuition, which means you are an iNtuitive. iNtuitives like to discuss ideas and tend to approach new information intuitively, focusing on the "big picture" rather than specific details. They find the future more interesting than the past, because they can shape it. While they recognize the value of down-to-earth practicality and concrete experience, they tend to emphasize the importance of imagination and inspiration.

You scored 76% in the direction of Thinking, which means you are clearly a Thinker. People who are clearly Thinkers are tough, objective, and calculating. They do not let emotions get in the way of reason or cloud their judgment. They seek and express the truth, however ugly it may be. Their words are precise, direct, and sometimes critical.

You are clearly a Judger

You scored 63% in the direction of Judging, which means you are clearly a Judger. People who are clearly Judgers love to make decisions. Organized and thorough in their work, they make and stick to plans. One of life's small pleasures for them is checking off items on their to-do lists. Every thing in their lives has its place, and they are diligent about putting it there.

Values~~~

our Highest Value is: Universalism
You are focused on issues larger than yourself like world peace and the plight of the poor or otherwise disadvantaged. You appreciate the perspectives and situations of others. You are the first to promote justice and equality for any group, especially those less fortunate. This extends even to future generations, which is why taking care of the environment is also of utmost importance to you

Influence

You scored in the 66th percentile on Influence, which is high. You tend to pursue a leadership role in any group or project you become involved with. You enjoy being in control and like the prestige that comes with it. Because of this, you have learned how to be effectively competitive.

Achievement

You scored in the 80th percentile on Achievement, which is high. You push yourself to accomplish great things and like to be recognized for your achievements. You are very ambitious and take pride in your accomplishments.

Pleasure

You scored in the 1st percentile on Pleasure, which is low. You are far from a hedonist. Either because you are content with the basics, preoccupied with work, or just not the fun-loving type, you do not tend to seek out pleasure.

Stimulation

You scored in the 17th percentile on Stimulation, which is low. You want a stable, peaceful life with few surprises and little risk. You prefer to stick to a routine.

You scored in the 60th percentile on Self-direction, which is average. You are influenced by the example and advice of others when making decisions or forming opinions, but those decisions and opinions are still your own. You are fairly independent, but you also don't mind following a good leader.

Benevolence

You scored in the 45th percentile on Benevolence, which is average. You are loyal, helpful and forgiving towards those close to you, but you are careful not to be taken advantage of. You believe in give and take.

Tradition

You scored in the 36th percentile on Tradition, which is average. You recognize some value in tradition, but you are also willing to question it. You respect and follow the good traditions and ignore or downplay the bad ones.

Propriety

You scored in the 9th percentile on Propriety, which is low. You are a bit of a rebel. You don't care too much about social norms or following the rules. It's not that you are a bad person, you just see rules as too often pointless and societal expectations as a form of dangerous groupthink

Security

You scored in the 78th percentile on Security, which is high. It is important to you to feel secure. You are very perceptive of danger, both personally and for society as a whole. Because of this, you are usually one of the first to talk about and prepare for any impending threat.
~~~

Belief system:
You Base Your Beliefs on: Curiosity
Curious types desire mystery but also want to know the truth. They like knowing how things work and seeing the concrete explanations behind their experiences, but they also feel that there is something else out there. They search for new experiences and try to find the transcendent or spiritual in concrete experience. If something they believe is proven untrue, they will look for something new that is still unexplained. They enjoy romanticism and find creativity to be spiritually meaningful. They prefer to put their own interpretation on things such as art and music. Curious types are often spiritual outside of organized religion. They feel that spirituality is important, but dislike dogma and cannot bring themselves to follow teachings that they do not agree with. They may be drawn to scientific careers in fields such as physics or psychology in which they can apply their curiosity to big life mysteries

You scored in the 72nd percentile on Belief in Science, which is high. People who score high on Belief in Science think that scientific explanations are the truth. They want to know the how and why of the world. They prefer explanations that can be proven through scientific study and tend not to put their faith in the unobservable. They are also more likely to be agnostics or atheists, or become agnostic or atheist if they were raised in a religious household.

You scored in the 55th percentile on Belief in Mystery, which is average. People who score average on Belief in Mystery have the sense that there is something bigger out there, but this doesn't have a large impact on their daily lives. They may have had important spiritual experiences, but they don't need to seek them out. They enjoy stories about the supernatural and magic without focusing on whether these things are real.

My values are based off of a rather old test (No older than a year though)

My My type test is based off of my test today. My intuition is super low, yo!

Edit: My compatible type is INFJ. Probably leaning more INFP now.

Last edited:
You are: The Idealist (INFP)

I-72%
N-90%
F-53%
P-53%

In general, INFPs focus deeply on their values, and they devote their lives to pursuing the ideal. They often draw people together around a common purpose and work to find a place for each person within the group. They are creative, and they seek new ideas and possibilities. They quietly push for what is important to them, and they rarely give up. While they have a gentleness about them, and a delightful sense of humor, they may be somewhat difficult to get to know and may be overlooked by others. They are at their best making their world more in line with their internal vision of perfection.

I took another one of their quizzes:

You are most compatible with: The Idealist (INFP)

In general, INFPs focus deeply on their values, and they devote their lives to pursuing the ideal. They often draw people together around a common purpose and work to find a place for each person within the group. They are creative, and they seek new ideas and possibilities. They quietly push for what is important to them, and they rarely give up. While they have a gentleness about them, and a delightful sense of humor, they may be somewhat difficult to get to know and may be overlooked by others. They are at their best making their world more in line with their internal vision of perfection.

Hmm, so two functions can perform the job of another, or part of it. For example, Fe can be simulated by Te + Fi..?

Absolutely.

Fe and Ti can work in tandem to simulate parts of Fi or Te, and vice versa. This is why the other functions are called shadow functions because in essence they're actually the results of our primary functions simulating them.

This is all so interesting! Is there a link to where I can read more about BeeBe's theory?

Beebe is the guy who extrapolated all of the personality types into a progression of all 8 functions, and what purpose they serve in those roles. For example, INFJ is Ni, Fe, Ti, Se, Ne, Fi, Te, Si... and each placement of function preference fills a different role. For example Ni is who we are at our core, Fe is how we 'parent' others, Ti is our inner child, Se is our backseat driver, etc.

Here are two links to a website that describes all of the types in this context.

http://www.vtwellness.net/type_and_archetypes/personality_types/

http://www.vtwellness.net/type_and_archetypes/archetype_based_self_exam/

Here's a link to the INFJ in pdf format.

http://www.vtwellness.net/assets/self-exam_INFJ.pdf

This was probably the most helpful thing I could find when trying to decide on my type. While I was having troble deciding if Ni or Fe were my dominant function, the rest of the layout really made my type clear by describing how I use my less developed functions.

For example, my Ti is definitely my tertiary aka 'play' function. I tinker with all manner of nerdy things for fun. I waste an inordinate amount of time tinkering with and trying to understand the details of things that I find interesting on a personal level. If I were an ENFJ, I'd have to concentrate a lot more on these sorts of things, and I've seen this effect time and again in ENFJs. They lose their ability to 'focus on the details' and how things work very quickly. They play in the real world in real time. I play in my head.

Se is something I'm not half bad at, but I have to concentrate on it to really get the benefit from it, and I'm very aware that this isn't my 'play' function. It's also the first to go when I start to get tired. If I were an ENFJ, this would be my play function, and I'd be much more enthusiastic about living in the now and getting things done as they come up. Se is clearly my inferior function. Even though it's fairly well developed, I tend to consult it last before Ti.

Last edited: