Multiculturalism = fracturing of society. | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Multiculturalism = fracturing of society.

@Billy the world has been around a long time. I guess technically we could say that "America" was inhabited by people whose land was stolen from them.

But not by Britain. We'd never do that. ;)

We're one people, on one planet. How we organise is important, but I think that's the reality of it. Multi culturalism, is how its always been. It was just over a long period of time.
I completely disagree, and history is on my side. History shows that multiculturalism always leads to conflict. Maybe you can show where it hasnt.

And? You said that multiculturalism leads to conflict. But this is only true some of the time. In America, this is clearly not true.
It progressively becoming more true, the only thing holding the violence back is cheap debt based money, when that runs out, theres going to be a different kind of america than youre used to.

You're talking about unfracturing society predicated on identity.
Nah, I am just interested in following the reasoning and just imagining what would happen, could make an interesting book or movie idea lol. Kind of like a not sucky version of the Postman. There is no fracturing, there is only rearranging the pieces so that they dont slice anyone up. That seems to be how it went down after the western Roman empire fell anyway.

It progressively becoming more true, the only thing holding the violence back is cheap debt based money, when that runs out, theres going to be a different kind of america than youre used to.

No doubt. But if we look into history, what divides people is not race or culture, but class. Conflict usually emerges when the poor revolt against the rich.

Reactions: acd and James
No doubt. But if we look into history, what divides people is not race or culture, but class. Conflict usually emerges when the poor revolt against the rich.
I simply don't agree, and I beseech you to ask some black folks about their grandparents experiences being divided by race vs class.

I completely disagree, and history is on my side. History shows that multiculturalism always leads to conflict. Maybe you can show where it hasnt.

Wherever humans existed on planet earth there's been conflict. Period. Humans compete with each other, but we're evolving and hopefully we'll overcome those crude animal instincts. If you're going to suggest that conflict only arises between nations or cultures ?

You must have been at family gatherings when there was conflict. Surely ?

Nah, I am just interested in following the reasoning and just imagining what would happen, could make an interesting book or movie idea lol. Kind of like a not sucky version of the Postman. There is no fracturing, there is only rearranging the pieces so that they dont slice anyone up. That seems to be how it went down after the western Roman empire fell anyway.

Well, look at it this way. Everyone has the common identity of being human so based on that logic, your argument needs more support. If there's one thing that makes everybody similar, it is being human.

@Billy, some day, your grand babies are goona be different colors than you. That's the way the world is going. Deal with it. If you want to be a white European, move to Europe with Richard Spencer. Actually, the homogenous utopia you seek doesn't exist.
Going for some people, others not so much. Whats going bye bye is the USA as a single entity.

Well, look at it this way. Everyone has the common identity of being human so based on that logic, your argument needs more support. If there's one thing that makes everybody similar, it is being human.
Thats not identity. Thats like saying were carbon based lifeforms. We are, but we arent in the same cultural group as Cucumbers which are our distant relatives.

Thats not identity. Thats like saying were carbon based lifeforms. We are, but we arent in the same cultural group as Cucumbers which are our distant relatives.
It is identity. You proved that by saying you're not a cucumber. Human identity is a pretty big deal actually. Let me tell you a little story:

In Tokyo in the Meiji era there lived two prominent teachers of opposite characteristics. One, Unsho, an instructor in Shingon, kept Buddha's precepts scrupulously. He never drank intoxicants, nor did he eat after eleven o'clock in the morning. The other teacher, Tanzan, a professor of philosophy at the Imperial University, never observed the precepts. Whenever he felt like eating, he ate, and when he felt like sleeping in the daytime he slept.

One day Unsho visited Tanzan, who was drinking wine at the time, not even a drop of which is supposed to touch the tongue of a Buddhist.

"Hello, brother," Tanzan greeted him. "Won't you have a drink?"

"I never drink!" exclaimed Unsho solemnly.

"One who does not drink is not even human," said Tanzan.

"Do you mean to call me inhuman just because I do not indulge in intoxicating liquids!" exclaimed Unsho in anger. "Then if I am not human, what am I?"

"A Buddha," answered Tanzan.

It is identity. You proved that by saying you're not a cucumber. Human identity is a pretty big deal actually. Let me tell you a little story:

In Tokyo in the Meiji era there lived two prominent teachers of opposite characteristics. One, Unsho, an instructor in Shingon, kept Buddha's precepts scrupulously. He never drank intoxicants, nor did he eat after eleven o'clock in the morning. The other teacher, Tanzan, a professor of philosophy at the Imperial University, never observed the precepts. Whenever he felt like eating, he ate, and when he felt like sleeping in the daytime he slept.

One day Unsho visited Tanzan, who was drinking wine at the time, not even a drop of which is supposed to touch the tongue of a Buddhist.

"Hello, brother," Tanzan greeted him. "Won't you have a drink?"

"I never drink!" exclaimed Unsho solemnly.

"One who does not drink is not even human," said Tanzan.

"Do you mean to call me inhuman just because I do not indulge in intoxicating liquids!" exclaimed Unsho in anger. "Then if I am not human, what am I?"

"A Buddha," answered Tanzan.

This is kind of a non sequitur. I am talking about reality, specifically western Europe and the USA. Not some esoteric Meiji Japanese story.

This is kind of a non sequitur. I am talking about reality, specifically western Europe and the USA. Not some esoteric Meiji Japanese story.

Ok. What I'm trying to say is that people value their own humanity. It's not just our species. Humans are more or less proud of being human because it makes them feel civilized, to the point where if you imply that somebody is something other than human, they won't just see it as incorrect - they actually get offended about it.

That is very much an identity.

I think what you are saying is that you value and appreciate American culture. I see nothing wrong in that, I do. And judging by how successful American films,TV and music is so does most of the world.

But I think it's strength is its diversity. The inclusive nature of it.

I think what you are saying is that you value and appreciate American culture. I see nothing wrong in that, I do. And judging by how successful American films,TV and music is so does most of the world.

Culture comes together and flows apart naturally. It's ok for a culture to be dominant for a while - there's nothing inherently wrong with that. Life evolves and we can't force it to stand still.

But we should have two rules, and those rules are don't force people to be in a place that hurts them, and don't force them to leave a place that's good for them if they aren't hurting anyone.

What exactly is "American culture" if it's not a direct product of multiculturalism? Did the pilgrims set sail with hot dogs and rap music?

What about the Native Indians that were slaughtered en masse to clear the way for white settlers. Aren't they the true 'homogenous' Americans- I mean if you insist on a 'homogenous' America, that's the truest definition you'll find, (and it ain't white). After that time any idea of white homogeny - and some kind of supreme 'right' is hypocritical and some kind of ludicrous racist fallacy.

Last edited:

diversity is a source of conflict, not strength, be that as it may the US is not a diverse nation, never has been.