Movies or Scenes That Made You Cry. | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

Movies or Scenes That Made You Cry.

Once were Warriors and Whale Rider were the ones I remember balling my eyes out while watching, but then again I have always found the moari culture depressing, growing up in it.

This scene gets me everytime:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftEjH-dit4Y"]YouTube - Whale rider[/ame]

I found Boy really sad aswell.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWnj4kaVRQ0&feature=related"]YouTube - Forrest Gump-I Miss You Jenny[/ame]

I'm a guy, and it's difficult for me to admit, but I cried during-
-Some parts of a walk to remember
-Ending of Gladiator
-Parts of black hawk down
-All parts of Earthlings. It was incredibly hard to watch this documentary
-Apocalypse now (the helicopter scene)
-Band of brothers
-The pianist

I just watched "My Own Private Idaho" with River Phoenix. I didn't cry but the ending monologue was beautiful.

"I'm a connoisseur of roads. I've been tasting roads my whole life. This road will never end. It probably goes all around the world."

It's starting to hit me now though. Sad. Tragic. Not my favorite movie but an art film from Gus Van Sant.

I actually enjoy being able to release some feelings in a weepy movie, although I wish I was better able to control it when I'm actually in a THEATRE as opposed to in my living room.
Since I figure others probably enjoy a good cry too, I tried to identify movies that weren't already listed by anyone else.

Prince of Tides - the Nick Nolte meltdown scene - outstanding.
Amistad - both Anthony Hopkins and Djimon Hounsou were fantastic IMHO.
Away from Her - Canadian film - Gordon Pinsent broke my heart. For those of you who listed "the Notebook" you will love this one too.
Creation - Based on Charles and Emma Darwin - <sigh>

Enjoy fellow weepers! :sad:

Life is Beautiful. I cried like a baby at the end of that movie.

One film that definitely touched me was Dragon Heart. I don't think I could even begin to describe how I felt after that film, it was a whirlwind of emotions o.o
A lot of films have made me cry, though... xD

I cried at Private Witt's death in The Thin Red Line.

I don't cry a ton in general, but there are certain kinds of movies that will trigger that response. They're not usually over-the-top sentimental ones, but ones that have deeper meaning for me that triggers contemplative emotion.

Recently I cried with emotion over the movie Waste Land.

Reactions: Stu
i often cry during movies.

i used to always cry near the end of amelie when she's crying herself over imagining that nino is walking through her bead curtain but it's just the cat.

i have watched the imprisonment and torture sequence in v for vendetta heaps and heaps of times and it always makes me cry.

also i always cry through the last minutes of black swan.

the movie i saw that made me cry more than any other was dancer in the dark. i only saw it once and i fast forwarded through the part after the shooting because it was just too painful to watch. i bawled all the way through. i've never tried to watch it again yet. i think it is a very superior film though.

I agree, it is usually the score of a movie that brings such a flood of emotions out of me.

-The Reader & Passion of the Christ are two of many.

I sob from the beginning to the end of Dying Young, The House of Mirth and the The Age of Innocence. By the scene where Uncas is killed in The Last of the Mohicans, my face is wet with tears. Seriously, how could anyone not cry for that?

I'm beginning to think I might be INFJ. <deafening silence>

House of Sand & Fog... Hancock... ugh... get me every time.

I sob from the beginning to the end of Dying Young, The House of Mirth and the The Age of Innocence. By the scene where Uncas is killed in The Last of the Mohicans, my face is wet with tears. Seriously, how could anyone not cry for that?

I'm beginning to think I might be INFJ. <deafening silence>

I don't know...I totally agree with how could ANYONE (irregardless of type) not cry at the movie " The Last of the Mohicans".
I could only watch it the one time. My ex bought it for me one year for Christmas and I have never watched it. He does not understand and he's an INTJ....

hhmmmm... maybe you are an F in hiding...:wink:

Reactions: not sure
The last scene in Titanic as the camera pans over a sleeping or deceased Rose with photographs of her life, then through the wreck which suddenly comes alive with everyone who perished in the sinking. Can never get through it without tissues. I cried a lot watching that film for the first time but not for the reasons you think. I've been a Titanic buff since I was a kid and I recognised everyone. It felt like my mind had been read by James Cameron.

I'm sure there are others but that is the one that sticks out. And I'm with Indigo Sensor about some films affecting me in other ways. Sometimes I have to get up and walk out. I rather unwisely saw "Wolf Creek" when I was pregnant. I got up and left the cinema and it sort of started a mass exodus of other females. Sat in the foyer with the lights on and the baby turning somersaults inside me, obviously picking up on the vibe. Took a long time to get it out of my head. Disturbing in the extreme.

The spouse didn't understand it - he kept saying "it's just a movie". I said, "I know but I think I know what it was based on and you just don't understand the effect these things have on me."

Up had me outright bawling.

Reactions: Diana
Jill I've heard that film was sad. The kids want to see it but I've been holding off as it might be too much even for me!

Nearly every funeral scene since W died makes me tear up. Probably since I never got to go to his.