Movies or Scenes That Made You Cry. | INFJ Forum

Movies or Scenes That Made You Cry.

BenW

Banned
Jun 27, 2009
MBTI
INTP
I searched to the best of my abilities, and I didn't find any other threads like this, even though I found it hard to believe there wasn't at least one.
So...

What movies, and perhaps more specifically what scenes from said movies have managed to make you beak down and sob like a little pansy?

Personally, I almost never cry during movies.
Music, on the other hand can occasionally move me to tears, but not necessarily because it's sad, though sometimes that was the case ("Final Exit", by Fear Factory).

Generally when a movie is clearly trying to make me, the viewer, cry, I resent it and resist. And since movies are almost universally crappy, it's not too hard to resist.

Memento is actually the only movie that I can really recall making me cry.
I thoroughly loved everything about this movie.
Fun Fact: I later learned that the lead character is actually played by an Australian guy (Guy Pearce); his American accent is absolutely impeccable, very impressive.

I didn't bawl, but tears were streaming down my face, and I had that feeling that you get in your throat.
As far as the scene that did the trick...
Mild spoilers, so avert your eyes if you haven't seen the movie.
It also might not make much sense in isolation, if you don't know the plot of the movie.
The lead character has a condition where he can remember everything that happened before an injury, but he cannot form new long term memories.
He forgets everything he learns within fifteen minutes.

[youtube]1xaYqyoXOqs[/youtube]

"How am I supposed to heal, if I can't feel time?"

So, please, share your scenes too.

It's a bit embarrassing but I cried at the end of Bicentennial Man.

I cry over two scenes in Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind:

- the one where the secretary realizes what's been going on (I'm censoring myself so I don't spoil the movie for anyone)

- the "Meet me in Montauk" scene

I cry over lots of movies though. I'll add others if I remember them.

ADD:

- I cry when Enid gets on the bus in Ghost World.

- I cry over the entire scene of the director taking direction from the housekeeper in Synecdoche, New York.

- I cry when the farmer dances for Babe (in Babe, obviously).

- I remember crying during Dancer in the Dark when she was counting off steps towards her fate.

- I cried at the end of Schindler's List.

- I think I cried happy tears for Amelie at the end of Amelie, but I might be wrong about that.

- I've cried during several Charlie Chaplin movies.

- I cried during the twist montage in The Sixth Sense.

- I cried at the end of Big Fish.

- I cried several times during Edward Scissorhands.

- I cried when Dumbo's mom was comforting him through the bars in Dumbo.

- When I was little, I cried when Ariel's dad wrecked her collection in The Little Mermaid.

- I may have cried during The Bicycle Thief.

- I cried for the old woman in Requiem for a Dream.

- I cried during Grave of the Fireflies.

- I cried when the boy was standing before the fire in Time of the Wolf.

- I cried when the children were taunting the wife in Breaking the Waves.

Last edited:
Never have. But, I'm an INTP male, and an inadvertently macho one, at that. I also laugh at "scary" movies, they're so dumb.

meh. I am such a crier! Sad, inspirational, you name it! I cried twice during Avatar, bawled from 2012, the last race in Dreamer always makes me blubber... Cried when the guy died in The Time Traveler's Wife.... Strong emotion = tears for me. So embarrassing!

Okay, the last time I really cried while watching a film?

The rape scene in Irreversible. That was fucking horrible beyond belief.

Okay, the last time I really cried while watching a film?

The rape scene in Irreversible. That was fucking horrible beyond belief.
Now oddly enough, this type of thing, or violence in general, does not make me cry. It makes me want to pistol whip somebody. It stokes all my anger buttons. I remember that scene - I remember plotting their slow painful demise.
I am a gentle soul - really i am, but I have a warrior wannabe streak i think.

Does the video in my post not work for anybody?
I think embedding may have been disabled by the author or something.

Now oddly enough, this type of thing, or violence in general, does not make me cry. It makes me want to pistol whip somebody. It stokes all my anger buttons. I remember that scene - I remember plotting their slow painful demise.
I am a gentle soul - really i am, but I have a warrior wannabe streak i think.

I know exactly what you mean. It made me extremely angry. I got up and was like... I dunno! I wanted to do something. I don't think the scene itself made me cry, it was thinking about someone I love or know being in the position, that's what made me so angry, to the point of tears.

I have a really strong stomach for that kind of thing. My friend didn't make it through the scene with the fire extinguisher, but I was able to watch the entire movie without an emotional reaction, except for a general sorrow over their fate.

Requiem for a Dream, on the other hand. That one almost made me vomit ... literally. The only time I've ever had that kind of physical response to a film.

I know exactly what you mean. It made me extremely angry. I got up and was like... I dunno! I wanted to do something. I don't think the scene itself made me cry, it was thinking about someone I love or know being in the position, that's what made me so angry, to the point of tears.

Exactly! And you just want to DO something about it! Its like it flips your big red protection switch us feelers are known for.

I have a really strong stomach for that kind of thing. My friend didn't make it through the scene with the fire extinguisher, but I was able to watch the entire movie without an emotional reaction, except for a general sorrow over their fate.

Requiem for a Dream, on the other hand. That one almost made me vomit ... literally. The only time I've ever had that kind of physical response to a film.
My husband (entp) was the same way. It has to be something with a child or particularly poignant to get him.

After that movie i curled into a ball and bawled for like 1/2 hr:p

The movie i chose is by the same guy, Darren Afronsky. Equally as powerful emotionally, but in an entirely different way. Mind blowing imho

Once were Warriors and Whale Rider were the ones I remember balling my eyes out while watching, but then again I have always found the moari culture depressing, growing up in it.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NV45ZuepZo"]YouTube- ONCE WERE WARRIORS - HQ Trailer ( 1994 )[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fE7-_Z03Aw4"]YouTube- Whale Rider trailer[/ame]

Reactions: Haven
The Notebook... The Green Mile...

And P.S. I love you - I pretty much bawled though the whole damn thing!!
:m142:

None for a really really really long time so I don't remember.

Does the video in my post not work for anybody?
I think embedding may have been disabled by the author or something.

I'm having to use a different monitor right now cuz the cable somehow broke on my usual one. I had speakers built into the first monitor, but not on this lousey one. I can see your video, but I can't hear it, and it's very frustrating as the facial expression on the guy, looks very much like those times when you express yourself so earnestly and honestly, when no one is around to hear it... It looked cool, and I'm going to watch it asa I can replace the cable and re-hook up my origional monitor.

I lost my tear ducts in the war.

I have never cried from a movie, but I good-god I sure as hell have felt like total crap and or stressed out beyond belief many times from different movies. The worst was by far the skeleton key.

It is for reasons like this that I do not like movies. I actually avoid them like the plague in recent years.