Merkabah | Page 500 | INFJ Forum

94552558_1364943000357116_3661155682184331264_o.jpg

94734185_10217254356256536_642338893424754688_n.jpg

I've met/known a few of these folks...

The Most Dangerous Narcissist You'll Ever Meet

By Perpetua Neo, DClinPsy
Doctor of Clinical Psychology
Screen Shot 2020-04-25 at 6.10.24 PM.png

I once went out with a guy who said I was insecure because I wore high heels, gave me strange recommendations for making my hair "fashionable," and proceeded to present himself as both savior and stylist.

The alarm bells in my head blared, and I ran away.
That was a close escape.

We talk a lot about the overt narcissists who openly parade their narcissism, and the covert narcissists who masquerade as sensitive introverts.
But we need to talk about a more dangerous breed—the spiritual narcissist.

Not long before I left him, he smirked at me and said, "No one will believe you. I am spiritual. I work for a charity."

It hit me that my initial impression of him as spiritual man allowed me to explain all of the red flags in his behavior as simply remnants of wounds from his former life.

Then the women in my life started telling me their stories of lovers, friends, and colleagues who'd pervert spirituality to serve their own ends.
One thing was for sure—these women felt used and confused by the men who projected an image of being upright and kind but whose actions behind closed doors did not match their loudly stated values.

They say forewarned is forearmed.
I couldn't agree more.

I wish someone had told me the signs someone is a spiritual narcissist.
Here are the things you should be on your guard for:

1. He justifies harmful behavior (toward self and others) with "spiritual" explanations.

"You're a snob. Robert's a shaman.
He heals," my ex shouted at me.

It was so absurd that I laughed, which got him angrier.
He was talking about his cocaine dealer.

When I told him I didn't want to cover for him when he missed meetings, he'd say I didn't understand spirituality.

I didn't understand why standing up for myself when he stood me up repeatedly was considered "unspiritual" or why his attempts to isolate me from my parents and friends made him my spiritual savior.

Toward the end, I was tired of having the definition of the word "spirituality" change to suit his moods.

I get that certain substances are rites of passage in some cultures; they can elevate one's consciousness.
But when they are used as excuses for abusive behaviors—"I was high" or "we're here to learn from each other spiritually," it doesn't make sense anymore.

And yet, these behaviors are rampant in certain spiritual communities.

My friend executive coach and clinical psychologist Dr. Jonathan Marshall explains that anyone who is seen as a leader has the potential to gain a sense of entitlement, and this beckons narcissism.

We want our teachers to be special.
We want to trust them.

So we are more permissive when we see them do things we question—especially if they're done in the name of spirituality.
He cites the case of David Koresh, who claimed he was passing on high-energy vibrations by having sex with children.

An extreme case, no doubt, but telling.

2. He has an attitude of superiority.

My ex often justified his actions with the excuses, "I'm older, I'm spiritual, and I know better."
He saw himself as consistently more spiritual than anyone else, to the point of absurdity.

He'd call me unspiritual for watching Suits.

Women's wellness coach Fiorella Kis-Major proffers, "You can get a fanatic in ISIS or the vegan community."
In both cases, their mentality is one of austerity, control, and fear.

Fiorella says that some spiritual extremists have "gone from snorting cocaine to snorting snobbery."
One thing's for sure though—this says more about them than it does about you.

To quote spiritual coach Monique Williams, "True spirituality leads to the evolution of our personal world, which we call healing or growth."
It isn't frowning on another's actions just because they're not exactly what you want them to be.

We don't shine more brightly by dimming someone else's light.

To that end, my spiritual mentors say it's up to us, when we feel we're being judged, to distinguish whether the feeling is a result of our own baggage or somebody else's.

Stand in your power and declare that this is not your story.

3. He flips between Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde.

I remember the night he insisted on paying the bill for our table of five.
The next day, I woke up eager to face my Lunar New Year.

He immediately started shouting at me to pay him back, that it was my fault he was broke.

In front of our friends, he presented himself as charming and generous.
He'd take people out for expensive meals and drinks, tip extravagantly, and then, when he got home, blame me because he "hated those wankers" and "spent so much."

When I asserted myself, he'd say I was unspiritual for not acknowledging the good stuff.
Over time, I was conditioned to be grateful for those moments and lived in fear of the unpredictable moments when he seemed to turn into a different person.

I didn't know how to broach the subject to anyone.
To them, he was a nice man, a spiritual man.

You see, the narcissist needs to project an idealized version of himself to escape his broken, insecure self.
But that mask ultimately crumbles.

No one can play a role forever.
And this is the person you see behind closed doors.

Don't let yourself be sucked back in by the crumbs of kindness he throws at you.

4. He uses spiritual jargon to intimidate people.

I squirmed as he forced his spiritual views down strangers' throats.
Later on, my friends disclosed how he'd brag about his spirituality to them.

Like a lot of spiritual narcissists, my ex would insist that:
  • Only you can make yourself angry
  • There is no self. Self-worth is bullshit.
  • The world is your mirror. If the world is cruel, you are cruel.
These arguments were justification, to him, for all his bad behavior.
He was just "finding [his] path."

Author Jeff Brown describes these utterances as "the spiritual bypass"—where we try to pretend that pain doesn't exist and in that, attempt to transcend our humanness.

Indeed, Monique says that "limited teachings on spirituality lead to repression of emotional issues rather than an evolution through them."

If someone's dogma makes you feel trapped and judged rather than liberated, then it does not serve you.

5. He is the master of double standards.

He denigrated my personal and professional meditation practice, saying no one would be convinced by me because I didn't meditate for two hours a day or attend spiritual retreats.

He'd obsessively talk about his meditation plans but couldn't or wouldn't implement them because he had to read yet another Tibetan Buddhist book.

Any time I drew boundaries in response to his intrusions, I was "needy" and "judgmental"—never mind that he stalked me, pointed a knife at me, and read all my emails.

"Look, I signed up for this retreat," he'd brag. "What are you doing with your life?"
It didn't matter that he was often too drunk or high to attend them—or the fact that no amount of spiritual retreating can actually make you a good person.

On one hand, he accused me of not letting go of my ego.
On the other hand, he'd hijack every conversation—no matter how unrelated the topic was—to make it about him.

Spirituality doesn't mean we kill our ego.
It is a part of us. Instead, we acknowledge its presence and learn when not to listen to it.

6. He justifies internal issues with external factors.

Often, he'd declare that he was part of The Force.
Yes, I'm talking about Star Wars.

And said he was a beacon of spirituality.

Yet, he'd also justify his bad behavior with, "The world is f***ed up, so there's no point."
While my friends and I were actively striving to create a life that's personally meaningful, my ex would moan about how screwed up the world is and how there was no point in creating change.

He said that my work as a therapist, operating within the capitalist system, was fundamentally unspiritual.

Not too long ago, a friend of mine wrote, "If you are not part of the solution, then most likely you will be precipitated out into a layer of debris and sediment on the bottom."

As I spoke to and worked with other people who had been involved with spiritual narcissists, it hit me just how tiring it is to be entrenched in seemingly endless negativity.

So, continue being the solution.
Detox your life of debris and sediment.

It doesn't matter if this narcissist is your lover, friend, or teacher.
Wearing saffron robes doesn't make you a good person.

I first met my narcissist when I was an impressionable 21-year-old.
He said all the right things.

So, despite my gut screaming at me that something was not right, my head wanted to think that he was a kind, spiritual person.
So I made excuses for him.

If there is a spiritual narcissist in your life, think about the context in which you met him.

Jonathan explains that spiritual narcissists inhabit a world where people are trying to be more forgiving and understanding and where they're trying to learn—which makes people in this world especially permeable to influence.

Moreover, he says that "it's particularly hard to recognize because they can be so smooth and convincing—an Ubud-going person who can tell you about your chakras. They understand you. You've never had anyone listen to you this way before."

When we are young or have experienced significant upheaval (such as moving countries or divorce), we become especially vulnerable to this captivating, dynamic influence.

We must forgive ourselves for this.

As time passed and most of my anger dissipated, I came to acknowledge that, in a roundabout way, my spiritual narcissist was actually a teacher.

In Aurora Knight's words, "They are here to teach us to love ourselves, and that no one is coming to save us but ourselves."

This thread now has

500tfp.jpg

PAGES!!!!

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

EVERYONE!!!!
:<3white::<3white::<3white::<3white::<3white::<3white::<3white::<3white::<3white::<3white:
:<3white::<3white::<3white::<3white::<3white::<3white::<3white:
:<3white::<3white::<3white::<3white:
:<3white::<3white:
:<3white:

Last edited:
Research shows....from Dr. Joe Dispenza. :<3purple:
"14:00....the imagery you experience causes you to become more conscious in that moment. In other words you're having a full on sensory experience without your senses....And the information that your brain is processing ...tends to be more real than the 3 dimensional reality you're living in. You're a greater level of awareness ...a greater level of consciousness.
And you get a hint about who you are when you're not your personality or identity. Relgionas and cultures talk about this transcendental moment for thousands of years and that's the moment there's an arousal of the nervous system.
We have the research to show that the arousal is not little. The arousal is huge. ...
The arousal is not creating Fear...or Aggression...or Anger....or Pain....that we normally feel when under in stress and survival. mode ...putting the brain in high Beta rate of pattern.
The arousal we're seeing ...Gamma Brain Wave Pattern....that is so Coherent - so organized - so amplified ...that the only way we can describe what the person is experiencing ...and they will use these words...
...They were in Ecstasy. They were in Bliss. They felt connected. They felt Pure love.

...THEY FELT IT IN EVERY SINGLE CELL OF THEIR BODY...

That experience inwardly is reorganizing circuitry in the brain...It's sending a signal to the body ...but it's not chemical...it's Electrical!...16:00 "~ Dr. Joe Dispenza

Some good history...claims to not either try to validate or debunk.
Though, it comes from a purely non-spiritual POV, so are these subjects really explored holistically?
Purely materialist history?
Thoughts?
Enjoy!

(The poltergeist part 2 video isn't out yet just fyi)

Intro:
Why everything you knew about the history of science & magic might be wrong.

Magic and the Human Sciences:
The Myth of Disenchantment

Here’s my full written review of “The Myth of Disenchantment” for the journal “History of the Human Sciences”: http://www.histhum.com/metaphysics-of... Read Jason’s Forbidden Histories guest article, “Max Weber in the Realm of Enchantment”: https://www.forbiddenhistories.com/we...

Poltergeist Phenomena & the History of Science: Part 1

In this video & and its sequel, we are trying not to validate nor debunk,
but to understand why scientists have believed & disbelieved in alleged "poltergeist" phenomena
(and how scientists who did believe interpreted them over time).

Last edited:
Most "INFJ" Pet Shop Boys song I've ever heard...lol.

I apologize for my absence lately...been dealing with some severe lack of sleep issues while still trying to finishing up my lecture for this Sunday.
The icing on the cake was yesterday when I woke up at 3am...sat up in bed because my spine hurt so damn bad and then fell asleep for a half hour or so with my head flopped back...unbeknownst to me I had a bloody nose that started up and I woke up choking on blood - weeeee!
lmao
Sorry not sorry if that was TMI.
Anyhow...I've only been getting about 4 hours of sleep, maybe a bit more sometimes before I have to get up and fall asleep sitting on the couch with pillows propped on my legs, leaning forward, head resting on the pillows.
I put on some meditations or binaural beats and try to sleep by I fail getting legit rest and mostly just doze in and out.
Later in the morning after the pain has subsided I lie down to try and get an hour, maybe two or more dozing in and out.
It's getting really old, really fast...but there is nothing else to do...just have to go with it.
Quite frustrating.

Anyhow...the lecture is coming up on Sunday and it should be pretty good I hope...trying not to make it too full of medical jargon but I don't want to dumb it down to nothing either, it's a balance.
If anyone else is interested it's free on Zoom...I understand that 5pm PST may be a bit late for those of you in some other countries...it is supposed to be recorded and I can link you later if you want.
Please PM and I will be happy to give you the link to join the talk on Zoom!
It's not just on Psychedelics but also on chronic pain/depression/anxiety/etc. and how to shift your perspective and break free of negative pain/emotional loops our brains can get stuck in.

Much love all!

94774561_2661533887415265_3094773448598093824_o.jpg

Last edited:

94980647_4298928403466600_48422629526208512_n.jpg

95120099_4298930443466396_2929656360071069696_n.jpg

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

The icing on the cake was yesterday when I woke up at 3am...sat up in bed because my spine hurt so damn bad and then fell asleep for a half hour or so with my head flopped back...unbeknownst to me I had a bloody nose that started up and I woke up choking on blood - weeeee!
lmao
Sorry not sorry if that was TMI.
Anyhow...I've only been getting about 4 hours of sleep, maybe a bit more sometimes before I have to get up and fall asleep sitting on the couch with pillows propped on my legs, leaning forward, head resting on the pillows.
I put on some meditations or binaural beats and try to sleep by I fail getting legit rest and mostly just doze in and out.
Later in the morning after the pain has subsided I lie down to try and get an hour, maybe two or more dozing in and out.
It's getting really old, really fast...but there is nothing else to do...just have to go with it.

Ohhhhh! I hope you're feeling better!!! Having a nose bleeding event like that can be scary.
A long time ago I once woke up on the bathroom floor after a night of drinking Scotch (at 3 for 1 all night long)....with a nose caked with dried blood. Scared the shit out of me.
I don't know what to do about the no sleeping problem. I'm going through it too and no matter what I do...like taking extra Magnesium.... it doesn't seem to make any difference.
I'm looking forward to Sunday's webinar!
May you sleep Saturday night!
Cat bunk beds.jpg

Just a reminder that the talk is this evening at 5pm PST!
Hope to see you all later!

Very curious!
Thoughts?

Did This Month’s Mass Meditation Affect Earth’s Magnetic Field?

mass-meditation-april-2020.jpg

I don’t think I’m alone in saying that it’s been a bit of a rough year.

In an attempt to remedy this — to rid the world of the pandemic and “heal” humanity — on April 4, 2020 a number of groups around the world took part in a mass meditation event.

According to the event’s listing on Eventbrite, the 20-minute-long mass meditation occurred at 7:45 p.m. PDT (10:45 p.m. EDT), to coincide with “the massive astrological configuration of [the] Jupiter/Pluto conjunction.”

“State your intent to use this meditation as a tool to shift the planet into the most optimal timeline…”

Did it succeed?
That I cannot say, but many believe something extraordinary did indeed happen — a strong peak in the Schumann resonance which they claim correlates to the time of the mass meditation.

(Times on the graph are set to the local time in Tomsk, Russia (UTC+7), where the measurements were observed.
You can view graphs of the Schumann resonance and other data here.)

What exactly is Schumann resonance?

As NASA explains:

“At any given moment about 2,000 thunderstorms roll over Earth, producing some 50 flashes of lightning every second.
Each lightning burst creates electromagnetic waves that begin to circle around Earth captured between Earth’s surface and a boundary about 60 miles up [the lower ionosphere].

Some of the waves – if they have just the right wavelength – combine, increasing in strength, to create a repeating atmospheric heartbeat known as Schumann resonance.”

schumann-resonances-NASA.jpg

The fundamental electromagnetic resonant frequency of this “heartbeat” is 7.83 Hertz.
This number fluctuates, typically due to solar radiation and the amount of lightning at any given time.

However, some believe certain large fluctuations — namely, a jump to over 36 Hz in January 2017, and of course this month’s leap beyond that — may be the result of interactions with human consciousness.

Is it possible?

The idea of mass meditation having a tangible effect on world events is certainly an interesting one, and there are even ideas about the Schumann resonance and how it might in turn affect humans (one study looked at a possible link between Schumann resonance and blood pressure).

However, the real reason I’m sharing this is because it reminds me of one of my most memorable experiences listening to Coast to Coast AM.

on-the-road-to-hurricane-charley.jpg

Now, I don’t remember the exact episode (I’ll have to look that up), but in August 2004, during a long drive to Orlando, Florida in the middle of the night, I decided to tune into Coast to hear what they were talking about.

It was sometime during the beginning of the show, and George Noory, or perhaps it was his guest, asked the entire audience to focus their thoughts on pushing the incoming Hurricane Charley away from Florida (or perhaps it was to dissipate it).

That didn’t quite work.
Charley turned and went straight on through, and now I can say I’ve seen the inside of a particularly powerful hurricane.

Still, I’m not one to disregard the potential for high strangeness, especially not in matters of the mind.

Do you believe mass meditation can have an impact on reality?
Ehh... I have to say that when I read this the first time, I gave it my old skeptic eyeroll.

I'm familiar with the research that's been done to try to detect any effects of prayer, &c., and how the good studies all show no effect, back from when I used to listen to The Skeptics' Guide to the Universe podcast.

I think the effect you relate here is probably some artefact or other, but nowadays I'm much more open to this kind of thing. It's just that I'll take a lot of convincing.

I saw this video recently, though, which seems to capture something that feels intuitively true, and I wondered at the time if you'd be interested.