Merkabah | Page 435 | INFJ Forum
Anyway...still been pretty busy the past few days around here and haven’t had much time to write anyone back with any sort of depth and for that I apologize!

I think you'll find we are happy you get to spend time with family, making that special day about you, and getting some majorly good news there. (On that ramble - I am all too familiar with how these things work..) I'm glad to hear the matter has been resolved, personally, and in a sane way for a change.

Much love to you all...may your own day today be filled with peace.

And may yours be just as peaceful. For the record this one has been, just about good things happening so just appreciating it here.

and in a sane way for a change.

I wouldn’t go so far as to say that...lol.
The Better Business Bureau was contacted, as contacting my loan servicer was truly impossible and some very shady things were done by this particular company - like saying the notice of intent to garnish my Disability wages they sent to me - was sent out 5 YEARS ago...which was beyond infuriatingly stupid and crooked as I didn’t even have Disability then.
So...certainly not “sane” hahaha.

So IDK if they were made to stop...or if the Nelnet discharge was approved...I just know I got my full payment this month which was a great Bday gift!
I’m guessing it is the discharge as I fully qualify.
Take care man!!
Thanks!
:<3white:

I guess sanity as in... their completely insane ploy failed, thankfully, after they managed to induce as much suffering as they could get away in trying to screw you over (sorry, I am not a fan of these types of entities, to put it mildly.)
Here's hoping that matter *is* settled though and they won't have any legal routes left to harass, since they've already tried a few illegal ones.

Glad it's worked out though, it really makes a difference when that kind of stuff stops hanging over one's head.
Any time!

I guess sanity as in... their completely insane ploy failed, thankfully, after they managed to induce as much suffering as they could get away in trying to screw you over (sorry, I am not a fan of these types of entities, to put it mildly.)
Here's hoping that matter *is* settled though and they won't have any legal routes left to harass, since they've already tried a few illegal ones.

Glad it's worked out though, it really makes a difference when that kind of stuff stops hanging over one's head.
Any time!

Well....I have to say....as a justice seeking INFJ - it felt damn good to expose them to the BBB and fuck up their plan regardless.
Yeah...they begin to illegally garnish people on disability (which is fucked up in itself) without sending the lawful notice that the person needs to make other arrangements or it will start at such and such date.
OF COURSE I would have made such arrangements with them...but I never got that chance...and the more I read about it the more angry I got as I found out that they wouldn’t get any money for a transfer to Nelnet to discharge the loans...but this way, they grab at a percentage of a few hundred dollars a month, all the while making it impossible to contact them.
Their phone system keeps on hold for random lengths of time only to say - “You are being transfers to a representative.” then sends you to a voicemail saying to leave your name and number and someone will get back to you within ONE business day.
HA!
I called and left so many VMs...I emailed them to the amount of it being probably considered spam....but other than that - I had no other recourse to get a hold of them so I contacted the BBB.
They wrote back that I had indeed talked to their representative and requested “no contact” which was BS and I said as much.
Then they fucked up and said that in July 2014 they mailed the notice...almost 5 years ago.
Not only do I have proof that I was being serviced by another company then, but a five year old notice of intent to garnish is just idiotic and clearly not right.
I have had ZERO contact with any of these groups except by automated system...Nelnet is the only one who has kept consistent contact with me and has sent paper mail as well as emails to me....and I DID talk to them on the phone.
My Doctor more than put down enough for me to be approved for the disability discharge...I mean, AS is progressive, notoriously aggressive, painful and disabling.
But...still don’t know why the two months I was garnished stopped for sure....I doubt that the garbage company was forced to stop...the BBB doesn’t have that much power though maybe their lawyers were like...hmmmm...maybe we should lay off this dude as he is coming back at us and exposing our shady practices.
The department of education has been disproportionally going after those on Disability because it’s easy access to the money.
https://rootedinrights.org/heres-why-student-loan-debt-is-a-disability-rights-issue/
Betsy DeVos needs a new fucking yacht I guess?
Pretty sad state of affairs, and I am in a much better position financially than most in my spot.
There are those that this could cause them to lose housing, money for essential medications, basic things like food.
I was lucky that I worked as many years and long hours doing very specialized work that paid fairly well so my checks as reflected as such.
But some folks get less than $1000 a month to try and live on....seriously?
Who could live on that?
And then to have someone garnish that unlawfully without due process puts people in bad bad bad spots.
It’s disgusting.

Sorry...had to rant it out.
lol

I'm glad you felt ok to let it out because it is fugged up to the nth degree - although I haven't dealt with this precise situation I was flat out denied for SSDI (it was very much appropriate that I should get it when this was going on) and couldn't actually get the help I would have needed to maybe get in good enough shape to start work so had to figure all that on my own although I was extraordinarily lucky to have a ton of help from good friends. So after going back to work I had to deal with the reward of having to pay interest on these loans which no way could have been removed either, with some permanent scars to show for the 'treatment' I was able to get. It's broken and it's turning people's lives upside down, no doubt about it..

Ah yes and the 'no show' no answer stuff these collectors pull to screw with people. I was thinking not just the BBB but putting them on TV might work all right on them - they won't be doing much 'business' after the story goes public.

I'm glad you felt ok to let it out because it is fugged up to the nth degree - although I haven't dealt with this precise situation I was flat out denied for SSDI (it was very much appropriate that I should get it when this was going on) and couldn't actually get the help I would have needed to maybe get in good enough shape to start work so had to figure all that on my own although I was extraordinarily lucky to have a ton of help from good friends. So after going back to work I had to deal with the reward of having to pay interest on these loans which no way could have been removed either, with some permanent scars to show for the 'treatment' I was able to get. It's broken and it's turning people's lives upside down, no doubt about it..

Ah yes and the 'no show' no answer stuff these collectors pull to screw with people. I was thinking not just the BBB but putting them on TV might work all right on them - they won't be doing much 'business' after the story goes public.

Sorry you also have had to deal with such BS.
I was very lucky to have been approved for disability the first time around and in about 5 months from submission of the application till approval.
I think they must pull names out of a fucking hat...or it’s just luck with getting the right examining doctor they send you to...IDK.
They are such fuckers man...I know a lot of worthy people who get screwed by them!
Don’t count me as ungrateful, but the system is truly broken and lots of people fall through the huge gaping cracks they started burning in the social safety net back in the 80s....sigh.
Hell...asshole Reagan admin actually started to just randomly drop people off of the disability roles without any kind of apparent justification - in that case, it was as if they pulled names from a hat...and lots of folks became homeless, and it wasn’t until the nightly news stations began to keep a toll of the suicides from those randomly dropped that they rescinded whatever inhuman order was given that started it all.

Still...unless you made some semi-above-average, decent wages for a couple decades+ like I did, most end up with not nearly enough to ever have an option to even afford a small studio were they to be on their own without a partner or spouse.
It certainly has not kept up with the cost of living and the government has also illegally raided Social Security twice now...once in the 80s with Reagan, and then in the early 2000s with Bush Jr....to the tune of some (edit) $2.6 trillion dollars...that amount is also no longer gaining any interest helping to keep the program solvent.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/merril...lion-social-security-trust-fund/#14363af74947
The program had very clear laws protecting it from the government ever borrowing from it...fucking Ronald McRayGun destroyed that law along with others which only encouraged more cuts to the social safety net, all in the name of profit...and they’ve been chipping away at it ever since.
I think the people will only take some much of that though...I feel we are mighty close to the collapse of the medical insurance industries and pharmaceutical industries as we know it...by the purposeful and harsh regulation demanded by the fed up gouged worse each year people of the US.
The Republicans and their anti-regulation spouting nonsense has ruined enough lives now thank you.
I’m tired of companies like Amazon paying nothing in taxes...or worse, getting money back in excess...while Mitch McConnell stands up on the podium and waddles his neck and flaps his lips about how we NEED to cut programs like SS, Medicare, Medicaid, Food stamps, housing assistance, heating assistance, disability, school education programs, switching to the river water in Flint and poisoning children and now we can’t possibly pay for the horrors we created through our greed, etc. etc. etc.
Disgusting.

Anyhow...the hospital where I worked when I went on medical leave because my condition was getting worse, supposedly had “short-term” disability insurance...so I could continue to have enough money to LIVE while I was really ill and in pain...they denied me over and over and I never got it.
When my medical leave ran out, I did my best to return to work, but it was impossible some mornings to even get ready for work, much less, concentrate on something that takes your full attention and is physically demanding at times...especially standing in strange positions for long periods of time while doing certain things.
That was that.

Anyhow.
I’m very sorry, and I hope everything is okay with you now?

Please let me know if I can help in any way?
Take care!

Last edited:
Just glad you felt like sharing for now because this is heavy stuff but I very much know what you are talking about. I'll have more to write tomorrow though.

Just glad you felt like sharing for now because this is heavy stuff but I very much know what you are talking about. I'll have more to write tomorrow though.
Have a good one man!!
Take care and much love!!!

Have re-read your post to make sure I get the points because you make many good ones - indeed the cynic in me thinks of the "what the market will bear" quote as literally referring to "what we can get away with without getting tossed out" from the point of view of those with the most power and influence out there. Contrast this with this quote which stuck with me from a certain documentary which said "we can judge a society by how it takes care of its most disadvantaged" [paraphrased and indeed it was related to the one which mentions Flint] with these people even making efforts to demonize this group in the eyes of society. So yes, dark, nasty, effed up stuff.

I have some second-hand experience with what happens when someone becomes too much of a burden for an organization though not with myself but with friends of mine (one who is no longer with us and passed in 2015 from brain cancer) which basically amounted to getting rid of them when they are no longer in good working order to make the organization more money than they would take in for their health and well-being needs.

Everything is all right, thank you very much for asking. I am hoping going forward it moves in that direction for you as well, the vacation has been a long time coming.

Have re-read your post to make sure I get the points because you make many good ones - indeed the cynic in me thinks of the "what the market will bear" quote as literally referring to "what we can get away with without getting tossed out" from the point of view of those with the most power and influence out there. Contrast this with this quote which stuck with me from a certain documentary which said "we can judge a society by how it takes care of its most disadvantaged" [paraphrased and indeed it was related to the one which mentions Flint] with these people even making efforts to demonize this group in the eyes of society. So yes, dark, nasty, effed up stuff.

I have some second-hand experience with what happens when someone becomes too much of a burden for an organization though not with myself but with friends of mine (one who is no longer with us and passed in 2015 from brain cancer) which basically amounted to getting rid of them when they are no longer in good working order to make the organization more money than they would take in for their health and well-being needs.

Everything is all right, thank you very much for asking. I am hoping going forward it moves in that direction for you as well, the vacation has been a long time coming.

Totally agree with all you wrote there.
That’s pretty much it - how much can they gouge people for and still have enough willing and able to pay customers to “justify” the pricing?
And yes, we treat our most vulnerable as disposable garbage in this country for the most part.
Just like this Trump tax plan...just siphoned more money from the middle class on down up to the uber-rich...just because they can.
Anyhow...we shall see what the future holds for all this stuff...I know that the people certainly don’t want those programs I listed off above ^^^ touched.
But...you know...gotta fund the military....not the veterans...but the weapons.
We are a nation mostly run by war profiteers and crooks.

It was a very unpopular post of mine as not a single person liked it :D but ironically it's one of the things giving me some hope for what's going on in recent years, as far as something that might put things back into a bit more of a balance.

Well it has a like now. ;)
I would have had I read that thread.

Well, I do still have such hopes.
Sometimes it’s very difficult to do so, but for the most part I convince myself enough to not want to jump in front of a bus, lol.
Seriously though, I really have hope that once the Trump generation (mostly boomers) are ushered out of power, things will change fast.

The time of destructive people needs to end now.

52842388_821938551494714_4716815736817844224_n.jpg

57297874_2411345538898074_8532622303589040128_n.jpg

57504826_2411349435564351_4371291171247357952_n.jpg

58442792_588315744910544_2794968994577121280_n.png

59470910_855452384809997_7588019133883613184_n.jpg

29571411_597027427319162_6913980850142615126_n.jpg

32163829_616877278667510_71573117431971840_n.jpg

52518034_816907451997824_8427713393762238464_n.jpg

58698640_2425452254154069_6123653272717754368_n.jpg

58784863_854842394870996_5459885541912739840_n.jpg
Screen Shot 2019-04-29 at 3.01.51 PM.png

59359871_2425456167487011_5599703894381821952_n.jpg

A little bit of this by me -
giphy.gif

But this just came out in Psychology Today, which is kinda saying something...so I had to post it...I just had to!
Seriously though...I have hope that this will continue to help people and will not be cracked down on instead.
Enjoy!

The Magic of Mushrooms
There is mounting evidence that psilocybin can effectively treat depression.
Posted Apr 26, 2019

giphy.gif

Link - https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/...saUTMSnWqsBIO--_rAwzldFzuuqZVG39lt5tpu93g#_=_

Depression rates are shockingly high.
The condition is estimated to affect 10-15 percent of the global adult population and has been ranked as the fourth highest contributor to the global disease burden by the World Health Organization.

To make matters worse, approximately 30 percent of people who suffer from major depression are classified as "treatment-resistant,” meaning that they respond poorly to the different types of antidepressant medications currently available.

Put these facts together and you have a public health crisis.
This has prompted many scientists to look for out of the box treatments for depression.

One treatment that has shown promise in recent studies is psilocybin, the active chemical compound in hallucinogenic mushrooms.
A new study published in the journal Acta Psychiatrica Scandinavica adds more credibility to the claim.

In the study, researchers in the United Kingdom recruited 20 patients suffering from treatment-resistant depression.
Patients were first asked to complete a depression screener and a personality test measuring the Big-5 personality traits (neuroticism, extraversion, openness to experience, agreeableness, and conscientiousness).

Then, over the following weeks, participants were given two doses of psilocybin (10 mg and 25 mg doses, respectively).
Finally, after a few more weeks, patients filled out the same depression screener and personality test they did at baseline.

The goal was to see if and how the psilocybin treatment reduced depressive symptoms and altered personality.
Indeed, they found promising improvements on both counts.

Depression, as measured by the 16-item Quick Inventory of Depressive Symptoms, showed directional reductions from the baseline measurement to the follow-up.

Moreover, psilocybin treatment appeared to have a marked effect on personality.
Neuroticism significantly decreased from baseline to follow-up, while extraversion, conscientiousness, and openness significantly increased.

What's especially intriguing about these results is that the antidepressant effects produced by psilocybin appear to function in an altogether different manner than mainstream antidepressants, such as SSRIs and MAOIs.

Whereas mainstream treatments have been shown to improve the personality dimensions of neuroticism and conscientiousness, the increases in extraversion and openness appear to be exclusive to psilocybin treatment.

Reiterating this point, the authors write, "Where changes in neuroticism and conscientiousness are consistent with what has been observed previously among patients responding to antidepressant treatment, the pronounced increases in extraversion and openness might constitute an effect more specific to therapy with a psychedelic."

While the exact way in which psilocybin works to alleviate depressive symptoms and alter personality is still unknown, the researchers speculate the construct of "insightfulness" may play a role.

They write, "Of the acute experience factors that are most related to personality change, greater insightfulness during the 25 mg experience was found to be correlated with decreased neuroticism as well as increased extraversion."

Taking all of this together, the question might not be whether psilocybin should be a last-resort or fringe treatment for depression, but rather, one of the first lines of defense instead.

References

Erritzoe, D., Smith, J., Fisher, P. M., Carhart-Harris, R., Frokjaer, V. G., & Knudsen, G. M. (2019). Recreational use of psychedelics is associated with elevated personality trait openness: Exploration of associations with brain serotonin markers. Journal of Psychopharmacology, 0269881119827891.

Erritzoe, D., Roseman, L., Nour, M. M., MacLean, K., Kaelen, M., Nutt, D. J., & Carhart‐Harris, R. L. (2018). Effects of psilocybin therapy on personality structure. Acta Psychiatrica Scandinavica, 138(5), 368-378.

Last edited:
While not something I'd be willing to try I have first-hand reports of these working for people I know so this is not a huge surprise - it would certainly be preferable to some of the other "last-line treatments" available or no effective treatment at all.

Edit: and just as I wrote this I received an e-mail with this.
Edit 2: Another Pluto in Cap article - will have to validate dates before using any of the information but I thought you'd find the present days info interesting.

Last edited:
While not something I'd be willing to try I have first-hand reports of these working for people I know so this is not a huge surprise - it would certainly be preferable to some of the other "last-line treatments" available or no effective treatment at all.

Edit: and just as I wrote this I received an e-mail with this.
Edit 2: Another Pluto in Cap article - will have to validate dates before using any of the information but I thought you'd find the present days info interesting.

Well...it was a “last line” of trial and error for me...I had just about died from two medications interacting and this almost stopped my heart.
One of those medications was to help with depression.
I feel that I was born depressed and all the evidence points to that also being the case.
Not sure how much you have read, but my own Mom was super depressed and stressed as I was in utero as her own mother was dying at the time of cancer...she had a lot of unresolved issues between them as well.
Anyhow...her Mom died shortly after I was born but I was breastfed and my Mom was still depressed and mourning at the time.
Her whole side of the family seems predisposed to depression and such.
My earliest memories are me crying on my Mom’s lap and telling her “I’m sad” she would ask why and I would cry and say “I don’t know”.
Or “I hate myself”.
This is as a 3-4 year old.
Maybe it had something to do with INFJ-ness also, IDK.
Maybe my astrological chart is fucked up lol ;)
Taurus BTW.

Yes!
Ketamine is very promising!
Hopefully it doesn’t become something that gets too stigmatized for people to seek it out.
Currently it’s just far too expensive for me to even try.
Anyhow...I was considering shock treatment to “reset” my brain as I had tried just about every antidepressant and class of them over the decades.
I’m one of the reasons BTW that Paxil has a warning on it NOT to give it to teenagers as a disproportionate ended up trying to kill themselves, age 19, I almost succeeded.
(maybe in another universe?)
Then, more recently I became incredibly depressed after I was no longer able to work and this arthritis in my spine got so painful it became a daily challenge not to want to end it all...but I had promised myself that I would never try again, and I keep my word.
So...I figured out how to get in touch with the right people...I did a crapload of research about it and for the first time in my entire life I felt like I wasn’t depressed anymore...the pain induced anxiety which was unbearable was gone totally....it even helped with IBS symptoms (probably stress related).
More than that...I felt that it did indeed “reset” or “defrag” my brain.
I fully support the safe and therapeutic usage of psilocybin.
You don’t have to take a pill(s) every day either...for me...maybe 3 times a year, if that, does it for me.
I hope they end up being legalized for depression, anxiety, PTSD, chronic pain (yes it helps, I can explain why if you are interested), etc. etc.
There is just such a huge stupid social stigma surrounding it after it was demonized for so many years and our heads were filled with BS and false propaganda.
It’s actually considered one of the safest substances or medications around as it does very little physiologically and is quickly metabolized.
I was at my wits end...but they helped me...and in so doing I have come to the theory that we are tapping in a bit of the neural net of nature itself.
That it opens the senses and mind and allows you to see and manipulate more reality than we currently are aware is around us.
Anyhow...more rambling.
Take care!
:<3white:

Last edited: