Men: are women worth the effort? | Page 7 | INFJ Forum

Men: are women worth the effort?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I still think you're all awesome and everything is awesome. Keep your negative waves away from me, thanks.

Stupid internet *kicks a rock*
Oh wait, I can't do that. Fuck.
I kicked a rock once and smashed my big toe. It was very unpleasant.

@James is really the mastermind behind this sort of thing. @Wyote is just a puppet.

It's funny because he's the nicest one of all of us probably

#CabalOfKindness

B2eHK79.gif

Reactions: Free
I love how we've just assumed he's an incel because he used some lingo associated with incels.

Hitler had a girlfriend, this guy wants a girlfriend, therefore this guy wants to be like Hitler, GET HIM!

*Hysterical groupthink intensifies*

If it looks like a duck and sounds like a duck... Calling it a duck must be hysterical groupthink.

If it looks like a duck and sounds like a duck... Calling it a duck must be hysterical groupthink.

Agreed. Is this even a 'him'? Did we assume his/her/Xer gender????

Reactions: infinite dreams
If it looks like a duck and sounds like a duck...
That's a dangerous way of thinking. Imagine if I identified everyone on this forum by how they appear. I'd be hated!

Yeah! Everyone who is exercising their discernment and reading comprehension skills needs to stop bullying. If someone wants to come here and crap all over half the population we should embrace that.

Reactions: Wildfire and the
That's a dangerous way of thinking.

Dangerous? Ooooh, don't tell me that. I get all tingly at the anticipation. I feel like a modern day Evil Knievel, riding around identifying people's beliefs from the things they say and do. Danger is one of my middle names, right between Critical and Thinking.

Okay in all seriousness this isn't like misidentifying someone's race, gender, or cultural background, those are personal and unchanging. This is me identifying a belief or ideology based on rhetoric. Even if the poster came in to say they weren't an incel, it doesn't change that the things they've been saying would find a nice home on the subreddits and chan boards that people who do claim to be so hang out.

And it's really not so much groupthink, it's just that some of us have seen this shit before, know where it's coming from, and are calling it out for what it is.

Plus I love the word "incel". Involutary Celibacy is a term that's so easy to make fun of, which is what it deserves.

Yeah! Everyone who is exercising their discernment and reading comprehension skills needs to stop bullying. If someone wants to come here and crap all over half the population we should embrace that.
I think almost everyone if not everyone in here agree that OPs thoughts are unhealthy and discriminatory, and I don't think it's wrong to point that out or challenge him, but it stops being productive when everyone just butts in to roast the guy. When that happens, take a step back and look at the thread and give it some thought before you post. I'm talking about the posts geared towards OP, not the strange rebuttal with Reason trying to make some point.

How is this different from bullying?

I think almost everyone if not everyone in here agree that OPs thoughts are unhealthy and discriminatory, and I don't think it's wrong to point that out or challenge him, but it stops being productive when everyone just butts in to roast the guy. When that happens, take a step back and look at the thread and give it some thought before you post. I'm talking about the posts geared towards OP, not the strange rebuttal with Reason trying to make some point.

How is this different from bullying?
Most of the posts I see are attacking incel worldview. Which is not an imutable characteristic but a choice (that isn't harmless). Maybe some people here feel that the points in OP are hostile or denigrating to themselves or others. That's just the way of it. If you come out saying hostile and/or denigrating things people will respond. The same would happen (and has happened here) if someone came out attacking a certain race or sexual orientation. There were a lot of really thoughtful and helpful posts, too. But it didn't seem to be what OP wanted to hear.

No one is bullying. No one as far as I know has tracked down OP and is harassing him. People are posting in a controversial thread... And only in this thread on the subject.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wildfire
Get with the program! It's hip to hate on women! Stop being such a bully!
/s
I think it's disingenuous to say he's hating women when ironically the real issue is you hating him for having growing pains for supposedly being a failure with women (I don't assert this as being true, but I suspect this is the tone people infer). Hating him for being unattractive to women, and then justifying it by saying he hates women. It's natural to feel resentful of the opposite gender for one's failures. Meanwhile women can talk kinds of shit about men as if that's an accepted norm.

If there is anything I am saying here, it is that I don't accept biased unfair communication.

Reactions: Free and Reason
I think it's disingenuous to say he's hating women when ironically the real issue is you hating him for having growing pains for supposedly being a failure with women (I don't assert this as being true, but I suspect this is the tone people infer). Hating him for being unattractive to women, and then justifying it by saying he hates women. It's natural to feel resentful of the opposite gender for one's failures. Meanwhile women can talk kinds of shit about men as if that's an accepted norm.

If there is anything I am saying here, it is that I don't accept biased unfair communication.
I don't hate him for being unattractive. That's ridiculous.
I take issue with blaming and denigrating women for those problems. And people do blame others for their own problems, men or women. I didn't say that women never did the same. Why should I have to here?

Last edited:
Reactions: Wildfire
I don't hate him for being unattractive. That's ridiculous.
In the way women find men unattractive, their attitude towards life, reflecting what defeats them, being one example. Not physical attractiveness.
You can use "hate" or "dislike". The intensity isn't my point.

I take issue with blaming women for those problems.
Is he blaming women?

I don't think or agree that not coddling someone is being a bully.
This is certainly true, telling the truth can hurt a lot of feelings but its important to ask "what do I want to accomplish?"

If you want his unhealthy/negative attitudes about women to change then being nasty towards him and teasing him for his failures is about the last thing that you should do.

However, if you want him to kill himself, this is the way to go. We're making good progress in that direction.

Reactions: ZcM4xzkjgzCjytBc
However, if you want him to kill himself, this is the way to go. We're making good progress in that direction.

Whoa, what the fuck?

Someone's blaming women for their feelings of inadequacies and your advice to those who take issue with this is to be nice otherwise said dude might commit suicide.

That's...

Y'know what, just don't.

Y'know what, just don't.
Gladly, i'm done.

Have fun taking turns expounding on your own virtues and grinding someone else into the dirt everyone, i'm sure that it'll all your ego-stroking will produce the desired result and not just be an unnecessary sanctimonious provocation that backfires.

I'm going to go do literally anything other than this now, which is a waste of my time at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.