Males: Have you friendzoned women, and if so, why? | Page 6 | INFJ Forum

Males: Have you friendzoned women, and if so, why?

Tsunami_by_hokusai_19th_century.jpg

See, that picture of a tsunami (the phot or painting) is just an object, you can hang on a wall. An actual tsunami is immensely powerful, fluid, temporary, and beyond being confined by a frame in a cosy house. Tsunamis are impactful. Pictures are just clutter.

See, that picture of a tsunami (the phot or painting) is just an object, you can hang on a wall. An actual tsunami is immensely powerful, fluid, temporary, and beyond being confined by a frame in a cosy house. Tsunamis are impactful. Pictures are just clutter.
And yet people pay millions for art and pray tsunamis stay away.

And yet people pay millions for art and pray tsunamis stay away.
People also pay millions for cars and diamonds, praying to keep poverty away.

Poverty is threatening, in part, because it's life without all the fluff keeping us separated from nature. If you have nothing, not even roads or taps, you're in nature.

People also pay millions for cars and diamonds, praying to keep poverty away.

Poverty is threatening, in part, because it's life without all the fluff keeping us separated from nature. If you have nothing, not even roads or taps, you're in nature.
I loathe poverty. Now you're twisting my words entirely without knowing me at all. I never said people should pay millions for art, I simply said to most people it holds much greater value than something which destroys and kills.

Can't really enjoy nature if the tsunami leaves you homeless and you have a baby etc.. Reality.

I loathe poverty. Now you're twisting my words entirely without knowing me at all. I never said people should pay millions for art, I simply said to most people it holds much greater value than something which destroys and kills.

Can't really enjoy nature if the tsunami leaves you homeless and you have a baby etc.. Reality.

So you're a fan of cities, cars, sea walls, etc. The pollution and destruction of the entire planet, while it gets filled with apartments crammed with pictures of nature must please you.

So you're a fan of cities, cars, sea walls, etc. The pollution and destruction of the entire planet, while it gets filled with apartments crammed with pictures of nature must please you.
Actually I moved from the city to a house by a forest and the sea not far off, with such a small population that Dominoes won't deliver here, or almost anyone else for that matter. Fail again, 98%.

But I suppose you don't own a TV or a computer either because your eyes wish only to behold that which is created in nature all day and night, no?

Anyhow, back to the topic.

I have friendzoned many women who have come into my life at various points.

I'm conflicted about it because on the one side, there's women I'll have sex with, but won't spend time with; and there's women I spend time with, but won't have sex with. It just doesn't seem right to me, that I keep those two things separate: friendship and partner.

Deep down I think it's because I don't want people intruding into my solitude and quiet time. A friend isn't around all the time, nor is a date. Both those things are on the periphery of my life, and I don't know if I'm supposed to actually share my life, my quiet time, my solitude with someone.

It's just something which makes me ponder about the purpose of life.

Anyhow, back to the topic.

I have friendzoned many women who have come into my life at various points.

I'm conflicted about it because on the one side, there's women I'll have sex with, but won't spend time with; and there's women I spend time with, but won't have sex with. It just doesn't seem right to me, that I keep those two things separate: friendship and partner.

Deep down I think it's because I don't want people intruding into my solitude and quiet time. A friend isn't around all the time, nor is a date. Both those things are on the periphery of my life, and I don't know if I'm supposed to actually share my life, my quiet time, my solitude with someone.

It's just something which makes me ponder about the purpose of life.
It's funny but because of all the previous pages, I'm less enthralled to reply seriously. In any case, i see you as human so I'll try to treat you as one even though you called my friends rude when they really were just being funny so then in total, I think that makes you the rude one and not my friends. You should really learn better social skills but I don't care enough for you to care about that too so you do you.

I think that if you are not in the position to share your life with others, it would be polite if you stopped wasting their time. If solitude is important to you, go ahead and embody it. Don't put one foot in and the other out. Of course, you could continue to do so as a choice and I think that renders you as completely selfish. Even blooming relationships take two to tango. The fact that you see others as you could use them for your needs, be it just friendship or just dating, is downright insensitive. By doing so you increase the risk of hurting others, and one of them, I reckon is going to bite your head off for it one day and the many others you've hurt before them would just happily watch.

It just doesn't seem right to me, that I keep those two things separate: friendship and partner.
I don't understand this statement. I think a woman that is both a friend and a partner is a girlfriend and/or a wife. It's also probably what you deeply desire but I reckon this doesn't happen easily to you given the rigors of how you treat women. I could be wrong, of course.

Anyway, I think many of us don't really like to talk to you now so yeah that's probably something for you to think about. If you could easily alienate a bunch of pleasant forum weirdos by your fingertips, I'd say good luck fulfilling the deep desires of your soul.

It's funny but because of all the previous pages, I'm less enthralled to reply seriously. In any case, i see you as human so I'll try to treat you as one even though you called my friends rude when they really were just being funny so then in total, I think that makes you the rude one and not my friends. You should really learn better social skills but I don't care enough for you to care about that too so you do you.

I think that if you are not in the position to share your life with others, it would be polite if you stopped wasting their time. If solitude is important to you, go ahead and embody it. Don't put one foot in and the other out. Of course, you could continue to do so as a choice and I think that renders you as completely selfish. Even blooming relationships take two to tango. The fact that you see others as you could use them for your needs, be it just friendship or just dating, is downright insensitive. By doing so you increase the risk of hurting others, and one of them, I reckon is going to bite your head off for it one day and the many others you've hurt before them would just happily watch.

I don't understand this statement. I think a woman that is both a friend and a partner is a girlfriend and/or a wife. It's also probably what you deeply desire but I reckon this doesn't happen easily to you given the rigors of how you treat women. I could be wrong, of course.

Anyway, I think many of us don't really like to talk to you now so yeah that's probably something for you to think about. If you could easily alienate a bunch of pleasant forum weirdos by your fingertips, I'd say good luck fulfilling the deep desires of your soul.
Wasting your time, Min. He doesn't want a spouse, or love, he wants a fellow tree hugging robot he can fuk and friend when convenient and to buff his own circuits in solitude with the majority of his time.

Bo bo beep

Good thing she'll have an off button too, because no human woman will put up with being his tinker toy.

Everyone has ambivalence in their lives. In my case, the core of my life and enjoyment is solitude, but I also need friendship and sexual release. For the most part, I have male friends, but also some very dear female friends. It's cliche, but progressing a friendship into a relationship would ruin it for me; I'd hate the intrusion.

Sex seems less fraught, because our culture has casualised it, but in older times, I guess I'd just have to make a difficult choice between celibacy and marriage.

Social norms and mores don't carry much weight for me, but there is a sense that life is somehow incomplete unless you raise a family. Idk... it's sort of annoying having divergent wants and needs.

I had hoped others may have provided some insight or inspiration.

Alas

Reactions: Cornerstone