Males: Have you friendzoned women, and if so, why? | Page 8 | INFJ Forum

Males: Have you friendzoned women, and if so, why?

May as well toss one in myself. By the way this would make a great ring tone or for when calls go to voice mail.

Bet this guy wish he'd hadn't bothered as the voice mail is real in this clip.

Not so much friendzone as nozone?

I generally bristled against anyone trying to get close. Sometimes the overtures were direct and it really threw me for a loop. It's gotten easier to deal with over time but just the possibility keeps me distant. Ultimately, I've left very few broken hearts but a number of disappointed people.

Reactions: 5ufvdee369jcdd
Social norms and mores don't carry much weight for me, but there is a sense that life is somehow incomplete unless you raise a family. Idk... it's sort of annoying having divergent wants and needs.

So, just to clarify, is this something you really want, or rather an example of a social norm that you happen to ascribe to? What exactly is it about having a family or LTR that appeals to you? It sounds more like you see these as accomplishments you're supposed to achieve as opposed to things that would bring you intrinsic joy.

With regard to friendzoning, don't leave the ladies hanging.

So, just to clarify, is this something you really want, or rather an example of a social norm that you happen to ascribe to? What exactly is it about having a family or LTR that appeals to you? It sounds more like you see these as accomplishments you're supposed to achieve as opposed to things that would bring you intrinsic joy.

With regard to friendzoning, don't leave the ladies hanging.

Not just the ladies but the men as well so this dated practice can be finally be done away with.

Reactions: Sloe Djinn
I dislike the term "friendzone," but I've turned down women (and men) and been turned down myself. For the most part, if we were friends to begin with, we usually aren't after the fact. This isn't out of animosity, but either disinterest or to avoid an awkward situation.

I've also tried to maintain some kind of friendship with one or two after we dated and broke up. This kind of worked out once. We briefly dated, it turned out pretty bad, and we made up (back to friends) a few months later. I'd still hang out with her on occasion up until a few years ago when we fell out of touch. I'm sure we'd be fine if I saw her again, but we don't really run in the same circles anymore.

Relationships get complicated and tiring, but for me, life would be empty without them.

Last edited:
Guys put themselves in the friendzone. If you're lost and uncertain where to go or how to progress, she will be the courteous one to guide you to the zone you seem to feel safe in.

Lmao accurate af

Guys put themselves in the friendzone. If you're lost and uncertain where to go or how to progress, she will be the courteous one to guide you to the zone you seem to feel safe in.
I disagree, sometimes you actually get rejected after explicitly making your intentions clear. And she'll turn you down and say, "Can't we be friends?"

I disagree, sometimes you actually get rejected after explicitly making your intentions clear.
I disagree with two things:
  • (possibly) your definition of rejection. What is rejection, is it giving up the first chance she showed you the exit sign so you can find relief in not pushing forward?
  • that what you said is a disagreement. My statement is a generalization of what I think are most cases of self-diagnosed "friendzoning"

Having clear intentions and stating them clearly are two different things. This isn't a disagreement, but rather a comment. Stating things clearly or being obvious in a way where a response would be interpreted as consent is going to be resisted. If you haven't demonstrated your worth (which takes much longer than you simply saying what you want), then you aren't playing fair, and probably not aware of the difference in what men and women want from each other.

Pretty accurate
The advantage of goons having an MBTI site is that at least everybody knows about MBTI if you want to talk about it ....