Males: Have you friendzoned women, and if so, why? | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Males: Have you friendzoned women, and if so, why?

Prenuptial agreements often don't protect you anyway, more often than not they're dismissed as unfair. There is unfortunately no silver bullet, at least in the United States.
Interesting. Here in Europe they stand well in the courtroom, still. I guess my advice only works if you ever leave the States, then. :tearsofjoy:

Question for the lads, but female members who have been friendzoned by men, please comment. Non binaries, jump in as well.

It seems like friendzoning women is a fairly rare thing for single/non-exclusive men. So when it happens, it's sort of interesting to know why... what made it so you just decided sex is off the table, even if the other is willing?
I would never friendzone a woman because all wahmen are queens and should be loved and respected.

In all seriousness, I was acting a little thotty back in my first year of Uni. I met this Vietnamese girl who could barely speak English and we got close pretty quickly. I was very indecisive of my feelings and despite me seemingly obviously interested in her, I called her ‘sister’ when she called me bae on my birthday.

Nowadays, I make an effort to not hang around and talk to women other than my family and my girl for long periods of time. I’ve found that if you hang around them enough, they will become interested and if you’re already in, it’s just more drama.

I see the flooding of threads in the relationships and sociology forums with cringeworthy memes, stupid jokes, and pointless tomfuckery as being disrespectful.

The people here generally like making jokes. It is possible to have a humorous tangent or two in a serious discussion. If you find them cringeworthy, stupid, or pointless, that's on you.

It sounds like you're just taking it personally because it's your thread.

The people here generally like making jokes. It is possible to have a humorous tangent or two in a serious discussion. If you find them cringeworthy, stupid, or pointless, that's on you.

It sounds like you're just taking it personally because it's your thread.
I dislike it because it's off topic and childish. Sort of like trying to have a conversation with someone who has the attention span of a goldfish and the wit of a manatee.

I dislike it because it's off topic and childish. Sort of like trying to have a conversation with someone who has the attention span of a goldfish and the wit of a manatee.

Fair enough, though I would challenge you to find someone here that didn't go on some sort of tangent during a thread/conversation... or even in real life. Hell, that's also the standard operating procedure for Ne, pretty much. Ultimately, you can't control other people's actions; you have to be accountable for how you react and perceive things. It's up to the admins/mods to decide what acceptable behavior is/isn't.

Fair enough, though I would challenge you to find someone here that didn't go on some sort of tangent during a thread/conversation... or even in real life. Hell, that's also the standard operating procedure for Ne, pretty much. Ultimately, you can't control other people's actions; you have to be accountable for how you react and perceive things. It's up to the admins/mods to decide what acceptable behavior is/isn't.
I've adjusted my expectations down a few levels.

I don't mind when a topic naturally leads into new conversations and threads. Here I can expect people to just start spouting their music preferences at any moment and uploading random gifs they found on Reddit.

On topic, attempting to contribute something substantial to the thread topic.
There are plenty of substantial discussions that go on on this forum, but they do tend to require a lot of energy and often people simply don't have the stamina.

This is also a place where people like to relax, and there typically aren't really any expectations on people for how they 'ought' to contribute. I think, generally, this is how we like it.

If you attempt to police people as you are, you'll find that they're just going to dig their heels in and tease you for it. Ironically, if you'd have let it be, people would be making more 'serious' contributions by now.

Personally, I might dip my toes into a thread and engage with the banter while something more considered begins to brew in my subconscious.

This forum is full of Ni doms, and Ni thoughts take time to form - it's a very 'slow' kind of cognition, as the connections are made and singular theses developed. However, when those thoughts are developed, they're often very profound and incisive.

Just be patient with the folks here, and you'll have your curiosity sated by engaging discussion. Otherwise, fuck off.

There are plenty of substantial discussions that go on on this forum, but they do tend to require a lot of energy and often people simply don't have the stamina.

This is also a place where people like to relax, and there typically aren't really any expectations on people for how they 'ought' to contribute. I think, generally, this is how we like it.

If you attempt to police people as you are, you'll find that they're just going to dig their heels in and tease you for it. Ironically, if you'd have let it be, people would be making more 'serious' contributions by now.

Personally, I might dip my toes into a thread and engage with the banter while something more considered begins to brew in my subconscious.

This forum is full of Ni doms, and Ni thoughts take time to form - it's a very 'slow' kind of cognition, as the connections are made and singular theses developed. However, when those thoughts are developed, they're often very profound and incisive.

Just be patient with the folks here, and you'll have your curiosity sated by engaging discussion. Otherwise, fuck off.
Discussing serious topics IS how I relax.

My intuition isn't slow, it's very zippy, and while I know some people are being passive agressive and very indirect, it doesn't really register on my radar beyond just an awareness it's there. Heck, even if people are being openly agressive, and direct with their objections, the emotionality doesn't really mean anything to me. Emotional meaning is only really tied up with personal/private values for me.

Ultimately, I'm not in a position to police people here. I'm not a cop, a nanny, or a daddy. I simply ask that people consider behaving like adults, for whom policing, nannying, or parenting is not necessary.

My threads, topics, and interests may hold no appeal to you, so I ask, is it really that important for you to vent, or can you just keep a fun and lighthearted attitude, and choose to post in threads which actually hold some appeal to you?

My threads, topics, and interests may hold no appeal to you, so I ask, is it really that important for you to vent, or can you just keep a fun and lighthearted attitude, and choose to post in threads which actually hold some appeal to you?
Vent?

I'm not sure you're aware of what 'appeals to me', but in any case it's not your place to ask, or to attempt to redirect my attention. If you must know, I was gearing up to make a contribution to the subject here before you threw your little tantrum.

If you want a greater amount of control over the threads you post, with the ability to prune contributors as to your taste, you can start one in the blogs section where the rules are slightly different.

Reactions: Misty and Reason