Love | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Love

Love is when you allow someone to experience your joy and bear your burdens, and vice versa. I think.

Yes I get those random connections as well. When something like that happens I feel great for a long time afterwards.

Love is difficult to understand, but I think I have a pretty good understanding of it now. The main thing is to make a distinction between conditional and unconditional love.

Can love be love if it is not unconditional?
Seems to me altruism and love have a lot to do with one another.

Last edited:
Love is currently outside my grasp.

That takes a lot of maturity and courage to admit. I've been there. Kind of still am, really. I'm just beginning to learn what love really is.

The more I learn about Love the more I see the beauty of the world.

The land tranforms from wastelands to oasis.

What a world this is...

And I think to myself... What a wonderful world

Conditional love is no love at all. It's a merited reward. Like can be conditional, and it often passes for love. But love is unconditional.

I would have to agree that Love connects everyone of us in a way. We should love everyone we see. Even loving your enemy (at a distant) is better than just hating them. Love can create miracles everyday. It is the little things that everyone do not notice often, like helping an old lady across the street.

There's my cheesy $.02.

I would have to agree that Love connects everyone of us in a way. We should love everyone we see. Even loving your enemy (at a distant) is better than just hating them. Love can create miracles everyday. It is the little things that everyone do not notice often, like helping an old lady across the street.

There's my cheesy $.02.

Agree 100%.

Again I completely agree with you...I supposed altruism and love would have to be nearly identical...Though altruism may not fit with romantic love, more love of everyone

To be honest, I've avoided relationships and dating because of the whole pick up scene which usually doesnt allow me to shine but particularly the fear of being hurt so much because of loving so much. I guess I haven't truly experienced love because I put barriers up around me. But I do feel that I want to experience love in all of its all consuming beauty. I hope it happens soon :S.

True love is something I haven't yet experienced :rolleyes: but my mind begs to differ

I used to think not, but I have decided to go along with the cultural definition to some extent with this discrimination (specifically, all x million love songs out there).

If you want to base it off altruism, isn't altruism reciprocal? Perhaps, that reciprocity is genetic. If it is, isn't that a condition? I do not think we can prove the existence of unconditional altruism.

I don't believe in the concept of love.

Love messes with my head, or maybe its the people I love that mess with my head?

Uhhh, are you okay? Explain to me the lies, please.

:doh:

No one ever understands when I'm joking or how I'm joking.
Maybe I'm doing it wrong. :faint:

lol, I'm sorry, I just don't know when to take someone seriously.:m161: