Love

Naxx

Permanent Fixture
Sep 4, 2008
MBTI
ESTP
Enneagram
9w0
Learning about love is one of the hardest things I've ever tried doing. It has so many aspects, levels and perspectives and every single one demands inner courage. The more I learn about Love the more I see the beauty of the world.

The land tranforms from wastelands to oasis.

Love is the only thing that could hurt me and it is also the only thing that could grant me happiness and freedom.

It fills me with such excitement just thinking about how the world could be seen if I understood more.

What a world this is...

Last edited:
This totally resonates with me :)

Love is wild, unpredictable and completely uncontrollable. Its the most frightening and most rewarding experience in human emotions. It has the power to hurt, heal, revive, and steal. It is imperfect and impure, yet beautiful and freeing...

Reactions: anica
seems like we all agree that its an "all or nothing" kinda thing

I think it was Ghandi who said that love could be described as freely giving someone permission to hurt you.

The prospect of that is terrifying to me.

I think it was Ghandi who said that love could be described as freely giving someone permission to hurt you.

The prospect of that is terrifying to me.

Yes, Satya.

Loving hurts. There's no way you can't NOT get hurt. You have to reveal the weakest parts of yourself and stand vulnerable in the face of your partner, hoping that he/she will accept you. It's painful at first, and extremely terrifying! I was just like you. Terrified of loving or being loved by someone else. Perhaps even more so than you, Satya because I was a coward. I didn't want ANYONE to hurt me again, even if that meant estranging myself. I was terrified of losing control.

Allowing someone to love you takes courage. Loving someone else takes strength.

But then it becomes liberating. Empowering. WONDERFUL! Once that person does embrace you--all of you--and you don't feel as fearful of yourself or of your partner. It takes some guts to explore your vulnerabilities with your partner. By opening up you are allowing your partner to hurt you, but you are also allowing yourself to be free and secure in someone else. And that security is what it's all about. If you're with the right person, the two of you can be an awesome team.

Love is a wonderful thing. A gift, really. It's nothing to be afraid of. Loving my boyfriend and accepting his love has been the most difficult thing I've ever done. But it was worth it. I've grown as a person thanks to him. Good love should make you grow as a person. It's a learning experience you can go through as a team.

I come from a dysfunctional family and I'm still learning about emotional boundaries.

Love is currently outside my grasp.

Last edited:
Perhaps you love all the time and not realize it.

Doesn't just have to be romantic love, for a while I thought I didn't love anyone.

Then I started looking all around and looking at my actions and what I would do for my friends. And I realized I've been loving the whole time.

Reactions: anica
Perhaps you love all the time and not realize it.

Doesn't just have to be romantic love, for a while I thought I didn't love anyone.

Then I started looking all around and looking at my actions and what I would do for my friends. And I realized I've been loving the whole time.

Hm...I suppose I do love when it comes to friends and family. I just haven't been able to love at the romantic level.

I come from a dysfunctional family and I'm still learning about emotional boundaries.

Love is currently outside my grasp.

So have I. And a really messed up family, at that. If I can do it, you can do it! Trust me!

Love must be the fabric that holds the universe together. This is so cheesy, but sometimes I'll see a person in a grocery store and I won't know what it is about them, but I'll just be overcome with an intense feeling of love or, nurturing (hard to describe, but not romantic feelings.) But love is also more than an emotion, and the most difficult thing to define.

Last edited:
I don't associate love with fear or being hurt or courage.

Oh merrytrees you're going to have to get out of my head. I have a big brain and a tiny skull so there simply isn't room.

I'm wondering if half of us come from dysfunctional families. You'd be surprised how love can put salve to certain childhood scars. Especially when you can find some who can look you in the eyes and see your fear and hesitancy and your warts and flaws and think it's all great anyway. You relax a bit in your skin.

Sorry for the novel. I feel like a dork now. Boo. I'll get a hug from my fella.

Love must be the fabric that holds the universe together. This is so cheesy, but sometimes I'll see a person in a grocery store and I won't know what it is about them, but I'll just be overcome with an intense feeling of love or, nurturing (hard to describe, but not romantic feelings.) But love is also more than an emotion, and the most difficult thing to define.

I can relate to this as well...

Compassion, empathy and well FEELING....other than that I dunno...:D
Yeah, I know that. Maybe it's the vibezzz picked up that make ya fall in love with an oblivious stranger just for the expression they wear on their face.

Yeah, what is that? Where the hell does it come from?

I get that too, it's interesting that us Fi doms feel that sort of thing, in theory I'd more readily relate it to Fe.

Yeah, I know that. Maybe it's the vibezzz picked up that make ya fall in love with an oblivious stranger just for the expression they wear on their face.

LOL Maybe, I couldn't even begin to explain it...I have always believed that you were meant to see, or meet specific people. It could explain stront emotion. I dont have any other sort of explaination...