Last film you watched, Part 2 | Page 5 | INFJ Forum

Last film you watched, Part 2

West of Memphis

blue_valentine_poster_535x791.jpg

No Country for Old Men.

It's an excellent film, but I've always been surprised that it did so well. Audiences don't usually react favourably to blunt nihilistic movies.

The Fountain, for the third time since I discovered this pearl. I can't explain, but if you want to see and feel something different, this is the movie to watch. Stunning visuals, as deeply layered as the earth's crust and I tear up everything I listen to the soundtrack.

I saw Django Unchained.

I did like the portrayal of slavery because it didn't pull any punches and it definitely wasn't exploited in any way. I thought it was extremely sympathetic, actually... and it was probably the best thing about the film. Christoph Waltz once again stole the show-- it wasn't quite as great a character as Hans Landa, though… but heroes are always less interesting than villains.

The third act felt completely unnecessary, however… the film basically stopped being interesting at the climax of the second act… I don't want to say why, but if you watch it, you'll know.

I give it a 7.5/10.

defending.jpg

Bob Diamond: Now...being from Earth as you are and using as little of your brain as you do, your life has pretty much been devoted to dealing with fear.
Daniel: It has?
Bob Diamond: Well everybody on Earth deals with fear...that's what Little Brains do.
Daniel: What are Little Brains?
Bob Diamond: *laugh* Oh that's what we like to call you behind your back.

Reactions: #@&5&49
Men in Black #3. Much better than #2. I love the character Griff.

Machine Gun Preacher

Machine%2BGun%2BPreacher%2BMovie.jpg

It's amazing the heroes that still exist even in the world today. It's sad knowing that we still need them.

[video=youtube;WgdMJDD6oYQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgdMJDD6oYQ[/video]

the great and powerful oz

wizard-of-oz-illusionist.jpg

The Commitments. I mentioned it the other day and checked it out of the library.

World War Z, I think.

Mood Indigo (L'écume des jours)

The movie is quite weird, with an abundance of strange details. But it is highly entertaining, and I would say...very French. :D I really enjoyed it. Sometimes you just need a little breath of fresh air, and this movie delivers just that. It is based on a novel by Boris Vian, which I haven't read, so it really got me interested in Vian's works.